Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Oct 11, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #571 of 1,725
Listen it at least 6-8 hours a day continously and drink some hot tea. The rare small holes on the filters are fact. One side will be qieter and than you must cleaning it. Small sweapers makes it more quieter. If you live on Greenland you are the lucky one.
I live in England mate, so I drink a lot of tea while listening to music. No issues for me, but it's unfortunate there are people having issues. I also have rather dry ear canals, which could help out. Granted, I've never had issues with condensation in any of my IEMs...

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #574 of 1,725
If the problem with the filters is so common, then the Meles are essentially unusable. I would like to know the opinions of other regular users. I got mine today and I'm pleasantly surprised with the sound tuning. It would be a shame and yes, a theft.
I've had my MELE since mid September and have 2 to 3 hours of use on them most days since then and haven't encountered any of the issues some are reporting. Absolutely loving them with all music genres.

I drink coffee when listening to music so not sure if that makes a difference. 😀

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #576 of 1,725
IN REGARDS TO THE FILTERS

I'm glad I saw this thread today because I was having problems with my Tripowin TC-01 too. It suddenly lost a few dbs on the right side. It has less than 100hs of use.

After seeing this thread and all the problems some people are having with their MELEs, I went back to my TC-01 to remove and clean its filters. I'm glad to report that it was the source of the problem. I almost threw it in the trash last week.

For what I could see the problem is the adhesive they used to glue the inner mesh filter at the outer metallic one. The glue on the right side was kinda brown as it was somehow oxided. I just cleaned it and problem solved.

Oct 19, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #577 of 1,725
I use my Meles with the Qudelix 5k. I just tried the Auto EQ Presets from Crinacle. (I also tried the same filter with PEACE (see pic))
Is that supposed to be the "right" tuning for the Meles? It's so much better flat, as is!?!
Anyone tried this?
Skjermbilde 2021-10-19 192853.jpg

Oct 19, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #578 of 1,725
I use my Meles with the Qudelix 5k. I just tried the Auto EQ Presets from Crinacle. (I also tried the same filter with PEACE (see pic))
Is that supposed to be the "right" tuning for the Meles? It's so much better flat, as is!?!
Anyone tried this?
Skjermbilde 2021-10-19 192853.jpg
I am not sure - while I also own the Q5K, I don’t usually apply the preset EQ profiles…. But, one thought does come to mind…. Crinnacle’s reference on his website usually has the bass completely flat / unboosted. If that is what is applied as reference in the Q5K app themn the result will be to bring the bass way down, which would leave a much brighter sound. I am just speculating…

Oct 19, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #579 of 1,725
I am not sure - while I also own the Q5K, I don’t usually apply the preset EQ profiles…. But, one thought does come to mind…. Crinnacle’s reference on his website usually has the bass completely flat / unboosted. If that is what is applied as reference in the Q5K app themn the result will be to bring the bass way down, which would leave a much brighter sound. I am just speculating…
I've imported the same settings in Peace (see pic) as the EQ preset in Q5K. So yes, the bass is way down and the sound is much brighter...
But if I set the 42hz and 158hz to 0, the sound is actually a little more "lively" detail wise. Crispier.

Nov 8, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #584 of 1,725
At the moment, I have my eyes on Reecho SG-01, HZ Heart Mirror, Tin hifi T2 plus and of course the Mele. Any other recommendation is appreciated. My playlist is almost anything (but mostly vocaloid) and i'm not a big fan of classical and death metal (or something along that line). My setup is just Phone/PC + Odyssey HD + KZ ZS3/ TRN V80. The KZ ZS3 is a little too dark for my taste, the mid is too recessed. I like the TRN V80's bass but it's giving me electric shock massage if i plug it in anywhere else but my phone. So which one do you guys think i should go for? I'd love something with big soundstage (or at least bigger than most competitions). And my budget is sub 50$.

Nov 8, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #585 of 1,725
At the moment, I have my eyes on Reecho SG-01, HZ Heart Mirror, Tin hifi T2 plus and of course the Mele. Any other recommendation is appreciated. My playlist is almost anything (but mostly vocaloid) and i'm not a big fan of classical and death metal (or something along that line). My setup is just Phone/PC + Odyssey HD + KZ ZS3/ TRN V80. The KZ ZS3 is a little too dark for my taste, the mid is too recessed. I like the TRN V80's bass but it's giving me electric shock massage if i plug it in anywhere else but my phone. So which one do you guys think i should go for? I'd love something with big soundstage (or at least bigger than most competitions). And my budget is sub 50$.
I have the HZ Heart Mirror, T2plus, and Mele. I prefer for vocal music and general rock and pop the Mele....with a tip upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back