Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Oct 8, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #526 of 1,725
I bought the Mele for my wife earlier last month and she’s experiencing the same thing. She noticed that the right side was noticeably quieter than the left last week, but now the right side is almost completely silent. I’m thinking it may be the internal wiring failing. I got one of the first batch Meles, so maybe QC was rushed.
Have you contacted Linsoul? Curious to hear their response...I hope their customer service is decent, in case more people start having issues with their Mele

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #527 of 1,725
Ifi go blue I heard is very nice, but I bet their app is nothing compared to Qudelix
I might be misremembering it, but I don't think there is an Ifi go blu app... The Qudelix app is very capable, if a bit overwhelming...

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #528 of 1,725
Has anyone seen a graph of Melee with Tanchjim or Moondrop replacement filters? Alternatively, are there any plans to offer Mele replacement filters? The reports of channel imbalance here and on the other forum make it seem very likely that Mele’s filters suffer from the same moisture issue I and plenty of others encountered on Blon BL03, Moondrop Kanas, Etymotic ER2XR, and other metal shelled earphones with nozzle filters. I’ve been planning to get a blue Mele once they’re available, but I’m worried I won’t be able to use it with the intended tuning for long if there isn’t a source of replacement filters.

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #529 of 1,725
I bought the Mele for my wife earlier last month and she’s experiencing the same thing. She noticed that the right side was noticeably quieter than the left last week, but now the right side is almost completely silent. I’m thinking it may be the internal wiring failing. I got one of the first batch Meles, so maybe QC was rushed.
Maybe something with a fabric mesh? Try to remove and check. It tends to absorb moisture and has become much quieter until it dries. I hope the later revisions will no longer be with such a capricious mesh.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #530 of 1,725
Mele review with comparisons and a full sound demo…is out!
Thanks for doing this comparison, really appreciate all the work you're doing. :) I like that Mele has that "fuller" sound to them, though the Tea sounds pretty good to me as well. I think the Mele would be less tiring for me compared to the Tea though since I'm sensitive to sibilance. I don't think Aria sounded good to me in any of the demos I've heard of it which is interesting. Oxygen also didn't really impress me in this demo, sometimes the vocals sounded thin/muffled. MEST blows everything else out of the water but it's way above my budget. To rank, I liked MEST the most then Tea then Mele. The rest weren't really remarkable to me. I would probably just get the Tea and Mele once I can afford both, then I'm done with my collection. :L3000: I'm just concerned about the Tea's fit issues.

I'm listening through a mesh-modded BL03 though so it's definitely not neutral lol

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #531 of 1,725
Thanks for doing this comparison, really appreciate all the work you're doing. :) I like that Mele has that "fuller" sound to them, though the Tea sounds pretty good to me as well. I think the Mele would be less tiring for me compared to the Tea though since I'm sensitive to sibilance. I don't think Aria sounded good to me in any of the demos I've heard of it which is interesting. Oxygen also didn't really impress me in this demo, sometimes the vocals sounded thin/muffled. MEST blows everything else out of the water but it's way above my budget. To rank, I liked MEST the most then Tea then Mele. The rest weren't really remarkable to me. I would probably just get the Tea and Mele once I can afford both, then I'm done with my collection. :L3000: I'm just concerned about the Tea's fit issues.

I'm listening through a mesh-modded BL03 though so it's definitely not neutral lol
Yea, you could have the Mele and Tea and have one of the best warm sets and best bright sets around. The prices cannot be best by anything else for my tastes as well.

Thanks for the kind words too!

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #532 of 1,725
Mele review with comparisons and a full sound demo…is out!

I don't know if it's due to having a warmer, more bass focussed signature, but the Mele's sound feels a lot wider than the Aria's. In the Aria demos, it sound like everything is in the center of your head, where as with the Mele's everything is more spread out. Is this soundstage? Or perhaps not because the Aria's apparently have a decent sound stage.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #533 of 1,725
I don't know if it's due to having a warmer most bass focussed signature, but the Mele's sound feels a lot wider than the Aria's. In the Aria demos, it sound like everything is in the center of your head, where as with the Mele's everything is more spread out. Is this soundstage? Or perhaps not because the Aria's apparently have a decent sound stage.
Yea I hear what you mean! I was wondering too what that was about. I kind of liked both for doing things differently.

it could be a difference in staging, or it could be the way each formed a seal and fit in the recording rig. IEM recording is very difficult to nail down with accuracy to real life, at times.

Oct 9, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #534 of 1,725
I've settled on CP100 if I want more treble, and CP145 for less treble and more bass emphasis.

I really like my Qudelix. I owned ifi hip DAC before, and I didn't think it was truly portable, given the battery life was <5 hrs. Ifi go blue I heard is very nice, but I bet their app is nothing compared to Qudelix. You should watch Zeos review if you're unconvinced!
Think I will buy the Qudelix. Less expensive, and will cover my needs with LDAC etc. Also read reviews and trust your recommendation.
Can you give some insights regarding BT range? Can I move away from my Fiio BTA30 without any connectivity issues? (the Sony WF-1000XM4 is hopeless... )

Do you recommend buying a cable with 4.4mm plug for the Mele, and use the balanced output on the Qudelix?
If so, is the Linsoul Zonie ok for my needs? ($20)

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #536 of 1,725
Quick question, do the Mele's need to be amped? I'm looking for an easy to drive IEM to use straight from my phone's 3.5mm. I was going to t]get the Heart Mirrors, but people have told me they really do need an amp. I'm currently using some BL03's, looking for a little upgrade.

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #537 of 1,725
Quick question, do the Mele's need to be amped? I'm looking for an easy to drive IEM to use straight from my phone's 3.5mm. I was going to t]get the Heart Mirrors, but people have told me they really do need an amp. I'm currently using some BL03's, looking for a little upgrade.

IMO the Mele doesn't need too much power. You might even over-drive it with certain DAPs.

It is driven fine even from my iphone and dongle. If you're using something android like LG V30, there's more than enough juice.

Oct 9, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #538 of 1,725
Think I will buy the Qudelix. Less expensive, and will cover my needs with LDAC etc. Also read reviews and trust your recommendation.
Can you give some insights regarding BT range? Can I move away from my Fiio BTA30 without any connectivity issues? (the Sony WF-1000XM4 is hopeless... )

Do you recommend buying a cable with 4.4mm plug for the Mele, and use the balanced output on the Qudelix?
If so, is the Linsoul Zonie ok for my needs? ($20)
BT range is excellent. Easily can leave my phone on my desk and go 5m away. Walls are a bit challenging but one or two walls is fine.

Qudelix has 2.5 mm balanced out, do don't buy 4.4 unless you wanna get an adapter.

Oct 9, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #539 of 1,725
BT range is excellent. Easily can leave my phone on my desk and go 5m away. Walls are a bit challenging but one or two walls is fine.

Qudelix has 2.5 mm balanced out, do don't buy 4.4 unless you wanna get an adapter.
Oops :) That would be a stupid mistake, I agree.

Do you recommend a new cable with 2.5mm plug and use the balanced output?

Thanks for answering!

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #540 of 1,725
Oops :) That would be a stupid mistake, I agree.

Do you recommend a new cable with 2.5mm plug and use the balanced output?

Thanks for answering!
I am waiting for my own 2.5 mm 2 pin so I can't tell you based on my own experience. I don't think the Mele will benefit much from balanced output, but it's good to have the option for any other IEMs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back