Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Oct 7, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #511 of 1,725
IMG_20210825_213634.jpg

First impressions/comparitions. Using Mele, FH3 and Blon-03.

IMG_20210825_213511.jpg
Tripowin x HBB Mele (Final Audio Type E, Single Ended) x Blon Bl-03 (Radius Deep Mount, Single Ended)

graph (1)

Mele is meant to be the true upgrade to the generally approved Blon-03. The biggest selling point of Blon-03 is the timbre and price-to-performance ratio.

Mele keeps the timbre, tuning and driver configuration, and takes it to a whole other level for aprox. double the price. It does all that the Blon Bl-03 does, but better.

While A/Bing, the Blon sound seems veiled in comparition. Treble is less apealing and has less extention. The treble on Mele was clearly tuned to give some psycoaccoustics and sense of air and detail, without affecting the rest of the tuning. People that are very sensible to treable peaks might prefer the more tuning of the blon-03, altho I don’t find it sharp.

The already praised bass on the Blon was improved, surely using a better driver and also giving it a tad bit more sub-bass, turning Mele into a punching machine when it rumbles, without overexagerations on mid-bass or bleed.

Conclusion: If you love Blon-03 and you want a 1:1 upgrade or are on a tight budget, Mele might be worth checking.

IMG_20210825_213539.jpg
Tripowin x HBB Mele (Final Audio Type E, Single Ended) x Fiio FH3 (Final Audio Type E, Single Ended)

(Graphic not available yet)

Mele timbre and coherency come way ahead of FH3’s, but that no news to anyone. It’s unfair to compare coherency since one is a single DD and the other one is an hibrid.

Upfront FH3 has better soundstage, not by much, but it’s there. Overall, Mele sounds more detailed and has better separation, even on busy tracks.

Bass is better on Mele. Faster, tighter and better textured. Overall better quantity and quality. Also gives better separation with less bleeding, interfering less with mids. Kick drums sound like candy on this set.

Mids also go down to Mele. Despite what graph my indicate, Mele treats mids very well, even on busy tracks. Female vocals sound recessed on FH3, which is a no-go for my library.

Treble: Mele treble has more air, detail and better extension. Althought, it comes as brighter than FH3, even if it is not sharp. FH3 treble is more relaxed. Cymbal strikes and Hi-hats sound better on Mele, to my ears.

Conclusion: Mele is better than Fiio’s FH3 to my ears, specially on coherency and timbre, while being clearly superior on tuning and tonality. Fiio FH3 is more relaxed overall, having less energy, which might appeal to some.
Excited for mine to arrive!

Oct 7, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #513 of 1,725
Just wondering, I’ve had my mele for about a month now, WFH and listen to music about 40hrs a week, after the 4th week around 160hrs use the left iem has now reduced volume, almost half. Tried different cables, tried swapping sides of the cable. Same result. Made sure that side was clean and clear, used a mini brush on the filter, no dice. Wondering if anyone else is suffering from this same problem? I’ve never had an iem fail like this before, even my YBF has been more reliable. Contacted Lindsoul, waiting for a response.
Hmm that's strange. I haven't had any issues yet. Someone posted on another forum that their Mele has slight channel imbalance. Hopefully Linsoul will get back to you soon

Oct 7, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #514 of 1,725
Y
Hmm that's strange. I haven't had any issues yet. Someone posted on another forum that their Mele has slight channel imbalance. Hopefully Linsoul will get back to you soon
Yeah was weird, they were working perfectly for the first couple a weeks, actually, they are slightly more enjoyable than my YBF, Shuoer Pros and Shozy 1.4’s for listening to hip hop with. Really hope I get a replacement for them as I really like them. Reminds me of the complaints about the first Shuoer Tapes.

Oct 8, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #515 of 1,725
Just wondering, I’ve had my mele for about a month now, WFH and listen to music about 40hrs a week, after the 4th week around 160hrs use the left iem has now reduced volume, almost half. Tried different cables, tried swapping sides of the cable. Same result. Made sure that side was clean and clear, used a mini brush on the filter, no dice. Wondering if anyone else is suffering from this same problem? I’ve never had an iem fail like this before, even my YBF has been more reliable. Contacted Lindsoul, waiting for a response.
Try to remove the filter, both,
try to listen without it,
maybe put the iem in a plastic bag with a desiccant to removes the moisture,

Oct 8, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #516 of 1,725
Try to remove the filter, both,
try to listen without it,
maybe put the iem in a plastic bag with a desiccant to removes the moisture,
I would recommend you (@ChefNimmo) wait until you hear back from Linsoul, because removing the filter will void the warranty. Maybe you can try putting it in a plastic bag with silica desiccant bags to remove the moisture. I hope it works for you!

Oct 8, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #518 of 1,725
Got mine after 6 weeks.

Initial impressions:

- Very nice stock cable and case. (Especially for $50)
- Shells are very light (Reminds me of the Tin T2.)
- Extremely Comfortable fit, light years better than the 03 fit.
- Tuning for me is slightly more pleasing than the 03 given that it has less mid bass bloat.
- About as low res as the 03, no noticeable improvements in the technical department. You can even argue that the Mele is slightly worse than the 03 in technicalities.

The Mele would be a beast if it had the technicalities of the SSR and maintained the improved 03 tuning. Alas, the Mele still has the same sub par technicalities of it's brother despite Tripowin promising some improvements.

Not sure if I would rec the Mele if you already own an 03 with a cable upgrade. Otherwise, the Mele is a very safe rec I'm sure no one is going to really complain about. I'd personally buy an ER2XR or Aria over the Mele any day of the week tho given that both don't suffer from subpar technicalities.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #519 of 1,725
Got mine after 6 weeks.

Initial impressions:

- Very nice stock cable and case. (Especially for $50)
- Shells are very light (Reminds me of the Tin T2.)
- Extremely Comfortable fit, light years better than the 03 fit.
- Tuning for me is slightly more pleasing than the 03 given that it has less mid bass bloat.
- About as low res as the 03, no noticeable improvements in the technical department. You can even argue that the Mele is slightly worse than the 03 in technicalities.

The Mele would be a beast if it had the technicalities of the SSR and maintained the improved 03 tuning. Alas, the Mele still has the same sub par technicalities of it's brother despite Tripowin promising some improvements.

Not sure if I would rec the Mele if you already own an 03 with a cable upgrade. Otherwise, the Mele is a very safe rec I'm sure no one is going to really complain about. I'd personally buy an ER2XR or Aria over the Mele any day of the week tho given that both don't suffer from subpar technicalities.
hi there. I'm still learning to "critical listen," so can you give me a test track I can use to test the "technicalities" of the Mele? And what exactly do you include in technicalities? Soundstage, imaging?

I owned the Starfield for a bit, and A/Bing with the Mele, I could tell that it was lacking slam and bass performance, but was more forward in the mids & the treble, with more sparkle. I did not hear any difference in the "technicalities," so I'm curious to learn more. Thanks!

Oct 8, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #520 of 1,725
Hi.
I found a big problem with mele. Impossible to clean the filters exept with alcohol. Small brush or sweepers not able to clean its small holes. After 7th cleaning the filters came off. This will be a serial problem. Because after every few hours its sound inbalanced. Without looking dirty. I tryed two different metal filters but they are not that good. I put back the originals but not that stable. And it need cleaning again later..

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #521 of 1,725
Got my Tripowin x HBB Mele today. First impression is very good.
Amazing fit, no driver flex (I hate that), looks good and sounds better than all my expensive TWS (Even the Devialet Gemini at $300)
And still I have just tested with the lightning to 3.5mm adapter on my iPhone 12...
I found the M+ JVC Spiral Dots tips to be great with the Meles.

I ordered with stock cable at Linsoul. Didn't choose the Jelly cable.

Am considering buying the BTR5 (2021) or maybe Ifi Go blu and use it with LDAC from my Fiio BTA30 and HTPC.

My noob question:
Do you think I would hear any difference with these BT receivers and for instance the Jelly cable vs the stock one?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #522 of 1,725
Got my Tripowin x HBB Mele today. First impression is very good.
Amazing fit, no driver flex (I hate that), looks good and sounds better than all my expensive TWS (Even the Devialet Gemini at $300)
And still I have just tested with the lightning to 3.5mm adapter on my iPhone 12...
I found the M+ JVC Spiral Dots tips were great with the Meles.

I ordered with stock cable at Linsoul. Didn't choose the Jelly cable.

Am considering buying the BTR5 (2021) or maybe Ifi Go blu and use it with LDAC from my Fiio BTA30 and HTPC.

My noob question:
Do you think I would hear any difference with these BT receivers and for instance the Jelly cable vs the stock one?
I use a BT dac/amp (Qudelix-5k) with an aftermarket silver plated copper cable. I think I prefer SPC over copper on the Mele, but I don't know if that's based purely on sound quality or also aesthetics and comfort. IMO you get the most noticeable difference from eartips, source (dac chip, amp, lossless files, etc), and then, at the very bottom, cables.

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #523 of 1,725
I use a BT dac/amp (Qudelix-5k) with an aftermarket silver plated copper cable. I think I prefer SPC over copper on the Mele, but I don't know if that's based purely on sound quality or also aesthetics and comfort. IMO you get the most noticeable difference from eartips, source (dac chip, amp, lossless files, etc), and then, at the very bottom, cables.
What tips do you use?

A bit off topic: Do you like the Qudelix-5k? A serious alternative to the new BTR5 and Ifi I guess? What would you buy today?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #524 of 1,725
What tips do you use?

A bit off topic: Do you like the Qudelix-5k? A serious alternative to the new BTR5 and Ifi I guess? What would you buy today?
I've settled on CP100 if I want more treble, and CP145 for less treble and more bass emphasis.

I really like my Qudelix. I owned ifi hip DAC before, and I didn't think it was truly portable, given the battery life was <5 hrs. Ifi go blue I heard is very nice, but I bet their app is nothing compared to Qudelix. You should watch Zeos review if you're unconvinced!

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #525 of 1,725
I bought the Mele for my wife earlier last month and she’s experiencing the same thing. She noticed that the right side was noticeably quieter than the left last week, but now the right side is almost completely silent. I’m thinking it may be the internal wiring failing. I got one of the first batch Meles, so maybe QC was rushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back