Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Sep 3, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #286 of 1,725
I've learned that my music enjoyment roughly breaks down like this;
80% emotional attachment to the music
18% frequency response to what I'm listening to
2% extreme technicalities like detail retrieval etc

So in audiophile terms frequency response is most important to me.

*This is only a bit of fun.
An awesome way of putting it! There are most definitely technicalities that can differentiate audio gear, but, if you “have to listen for them” for a lot of listening they are unimportant. Doesn’t mean they are always unimportant since some listeners may just be trained or inclined to listen for them, and there are times when someone wants to just listen critically. But for most people, most of the time, the timbre and tonality are what they “hear”.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #287 of 1,725
Sounds that way. It's the million dollar question of the moment. We know that O2 is slight better than Hana, but how's really Mele? We need for someone with the 3 to chime in and make some a/bing
According to a couple folks that own the O2 and Mele. Different categories. I'm not sure why people expect a $50 bux set to beat a $275 one. Seriously.. come on.

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #288 of 1,725
According to a couple folks that own the O2 and Mele. Different categories. I'm not sure why people expect a $50 bux set to beat a $275 one. Seriously.. come on.

Was talking about Mele vs Hana. HBB claims they are dead close, but he made Mele and no one proved it yet. I'm not comparing O2 to Mele, lol. I'll buy O2.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #293 of 1,725
Which is BEST SQ, Mele, Reecho SG01, Aria 2021 ?
tonal, timbre, technicallities (sound stage width, depth, height, imaging, 3d holographic effect, separation, layering, micro detail, clarity)
Since that will be an intensely personal assessment it would help if you shared your music preferences, your sound signature preferences, and maybe a few IEM examples that you have listened to and your thoughts? Otherwise the opinions might not be relevant to you….

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #294 of 1,725
Comparing products in different price brackets doesn't mean you expect the cheaper one to beat the more expensive one or be on par.
It's all about references and having an idea of what extra $ brings to the table. Comparing isn't the same as expecting.
I'm interested in a comparison between the Mele and the B2 Dusk. Why? Because I own the B2 Dusk and comparing the Mele to a reference I know helps me understand how the Mele sounds.
I'm interested in a comparison between the Mele and the O2 (or Hana 2021) because I'm interested in the O2 for it's tuning but don't want to spend the $. If the difference isn't that huge, the Mele is an interesting option to try this kind of tuning.
That's why I like reviews that evaluate how IEMs sound regardless of their price à la Crinnacle.
Great sound for $50 bucks doesn't mean that much, especially as the market shifts. B grade regardless of price means something and B grade for $50 is great.
And if someone wants something that doesn't make sense to you, let them be.
I'm not aiming this all towards you (nothing personal), there were several comments arguing that you cannot and should not compare IEMs in different price brackets and with different driver configurations. I completely disagree.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #297 of 1,725
Sep 3, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #298 of 1,725
Sep 3, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #299 of 1,725
Which is BEST SQ, Mele, Reecho SG01, Aria 2021 ?
tonal, timbre, technicallities (sound stage width, depth, height, imaging, 3d holographic effect, separation, layering, micro detail, clarity)
Hello,
can you give some songs for us to try ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back