Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,725

nymz

Reviewer at nymzreviews
This thread is meant to share impressions and discussions regarding the colabs of HBB with Tripowin. Tripowin is a Linsoul house brand.
Mele was released on 20th of August 2021 and Olina on the 28th of January 2022. Both are single DDs.

• Tripowin X HBB: Mele
IMG_20210825_170332.jpg
More info and shopping here. The retail price is 49.99 USD.

• Tripowin X HBB: Olina
5.jpg
More info and shopping here. The retail price is 99.99 USD.

Spreadsheet to Olina's Lyric Cards Contest:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZPpyLS2fQhc1h5O3J24WS3AoHEGNeimaLJ287GnZiTQ/edit?usp=sharing

HBB's graphs:

graph (5).png

Videos:

• HBB launch Video for Mele:

• HBB fist feedback on Mele after launch (starts around 6:25):

• HBB launch Video for Olina:

Links:

Official Olina Thread (HFGF) - Used for Card Hunting as well
Official Mele Thread (HFGF)
Official BGGAR Thread (HFGF)
Linsoul

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 1,725
Tripowin x HBB 'Mele' Unboxing

Mele comes in a very small and simple packaging (which I don’t really care, to be honest). Everything that matters comes into the Tripowin carry case, which is a very nice touch for the price. Cable is very thin, but I don’t care about that. Come with some other size tips as well.

They are smaller than they seem on first pictures. Will post first impressions very soon.

IMG_20210825_130316

IMG_20210825_130339

IMG_20210825_130404

IMG_20210825_130439

IMG_20210825_130547

IMG_20210825_130516

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 1,725
IMG_20210825_213634.jpg

First impressions/comparitions. Using Mele, FH3 and Blon-03.

IMG_20210825_213511.jpg

Tripowin x HBB Mele (Final Audio Type E, Single Ended) x Blon Bl-03 (Radius Deep Mount, Single Ended)

graph (1)

Mele is meant to be the true upgrade to the generally approved Blon-03. The biggest selling point of Blon-03 is the timbre and price-to-performance ratio.

Mele keeps the timbre, tuning and driver configuration, and takes it to a whole other level for aprox. double the price. It does all that the Blon Bl-03 does, but better.

While A/Bing, the Blon sound seems veiled in comparition. Treble is less apealing and has less extention. The treble on Mele was clearly tuned to give some psycoaccoustics and sense of air and detail, without affecting the rest of the tuning. People that are very sensible to treable peaks might prefer the more tuning of the blon-03, altho I don’t find it sharp.

The already praised bass on the Blon was improved, surely using a better driver and also giving it a tad bit more sub-bass, turning Mele into a punching machine when it rumbles, without overexagerations on mid-bass or bleed.

Conclusion: If you love Blon-03 and you want a 1:1 upgrade or are on a tight budget, Mele might be worth checking.

IMG_20210825_213539.jpg

Tripowin x HBB Mele (Final Audio Type E, Single Ended) x Fiio FH3 (Final Audio Type E, Single Ended)

(Graphic not available yet)

Mele timbre and coherency come way ahead of FH3’s, but that no news to anyone. It’s unfair to compare coherency since one is a single DD and the other one is an hibrid.

Upfront FH3 has better soundstage, not by much, but it’s there. Overall, Mele sounds more detailed and has better separation, even on busy tracks.

Bass is better on Mele. Faster, tighter and better textured. Overall better quantity and quality. Also gives better separation with less bleeding, interfering less with mids. Kick drums sound like candy on this set.

Mids also go down to Mele. Despite what graph my indicate, Mele treats mids very well, even on busy tracks. Female vocals sound recessed on FH3, which is a no-go for my library.

Treble: Mele treble has more air, detail and better extension. Althought, it comes as brighter than FH3, even if it is not sharp. FH3 treble is more relaxed. Cymbal strikes and Hi-hats sound better on Mele, to my ears.

Conclusion: Mele is better than Fiio’s FH3 to my ears, specially on coherency and timbre, while being clearly superior on tuning and tonality. Fiio FH3 is more relaxed overall, having less energy, which might appeal to some.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 1,725
Hello,
do you listen to Metal songs?
how does it handle fast track?

thank you, 🙏

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 1,725
I hope the upper mids/lower treble around 4k really sound good on the Mele. I think that's part of the BL03's secret recipe. Will be trying these out with the Final Type-E tips fer sure. I know none of these entry-level single DD IEMs could be called giant killers, but this is such a cool segment of the hobby. Best price/performance ratio out of any class of headphones.

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #9 of 1,725
This thread is meant to share impressions and discussions regarding the new single DD realease on the 20th of August by Linsoul, under the house brand Tripowin - Mele.

IMG_20210825_170332.jpg

"Tripowin has partnered with one of the legendary audio reviewers in the audiophile world, “Bad Guy, Good Audio Reviews” (also known as Hawaian Bad Boy), to develop the next ultra-performance, budget in-ear monitor that will shake the market. Tripowin has been producing some of the most popular audio products for international brands for years, and this technological knowhow, combined with HBB’s years of experience with thousands of HiFi audio products, has created the perfect storm - the Mele. Designed firstmost with the audiophile community in mind, Project Mele promises supreme audio performance and professional tuning at a budget price accessible by all. "

More info and shopping here. The retail price is 49.99 USD.

HBB graph:

graph (2).png

HBB review:

Oh, I preordered without taking a look at graph, but it looks sweet! Pretty close to Softears RSV in single DD form

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #10 of 1,725
Nice review! Love to know how the Mele stacks with the almighty Aria which I'm sure will get covered soon.

The Mele is arguably the best tuned IEM under $50 bucks right now. Not much comes close except the MH755 (Which are commonly faked and has horrible build quality.) and the Tin T2+ if you favor a neutral presentation.

Not expecting much in the technical department given the Mele's price but it would be amazing if the Mele had around the same technical performance as the Aria which might be the case given that the Mele is better than the FH3 in just about every way and that set is decently technical.

Slew of budget-fi be damned, the Mele sets a bar that is very difficult to top or match IMO. Companies like KZ, TRN and ironically BLON will need to step their game if they want to compete in the sub $50 price bracket.

BLON had the oppoty to make a set that is similar to the Mele but decided to release a number of underwhelming follow-ups to the legendary BLON-03 that are outclassed by a lot of other budget sets (Namely the Aria.)

Can't wait to get my pair soon!

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 1,725
I really would like to know how the Mele stacks against the Tin T2+ as far as technicalities go. Of course if the Mele beats the FH3 and sounds indistinguishable from the Hana 2021 as people have variously said, it sounds like it’s a class above the T2+…

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 1,725
If that's true, the Mele will be the undisputed sub $50 champ that doesn't come with any caveats like garbage stock cable or poor fit (Like the 03s.)

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #13 of 1,725
Nice review! Love to know how the Mele stacks with the almighty Aria which I'm sure will get covered soon.

The Mele is arguably the best tuned IEM under $50 bucks right now. Not much comes close except the MH755 (Which are commonly faked and has horrible build quality.) and the Tin T2+ if you favor a neutral presentation.

Not expecting much in the technical department given the Mele's price but it would be amazing if the Mele had around the same technical performance as the Aria which might be the case given that the Mele is better than the FH3 in just about every way and that set is decently technical.

Slew of budget-fi be damned, the Mele sets a bar that is very difficult to top or match IMO. Companies like KZ, TRN and ironically BLON will need to step their game if they want to compete in the sub $50 price bracket.

BLON had the oppoty to make a set that is similar to the Mele but decided to release a number of underwhelming follow-ups to the legendary BLON-03 that are outclassed by a lot of other budget sets (Namely the Aria.)

Can't wait to get my pair soon!
I can do Mele vs Aria /HeartMirror/Starfield /KXXS as apple to apple single dynamic compariaon, and maybe add GK10 / KBEAR Robin / KZ ZAS as cross-genre match.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #14 of 1,725
I can do Mele vs Aria /HeartMirror/Starfield /KXXS as apple to apple single dynamic compariaon, and maybe add GK10 / KBEAR Robin / KZ ZAS as cross-genre match.
Will be looking forward to that!

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #15 of 1,725
Please do :relaxed: Spirit.

BTW, do you graphing? It would good to see Mele vs modified Aria from FR point of view..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back