Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Oct 9, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #541 of 1,725
IMO the Mele doesn't need too much power. You might even over-drive it with certain DAPs.

It is driven fine even from my iphone and dongle. If you're using something android like LG V30, there's more than enough juice.

Thanks, unfortunately my phone isn't an LG or ASUS ROG so the DAC isn't particularly good, but I'm glad to hear it's easily driven.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #543 of 1,725
After few happy days with mele i realised it is a piece of crap hardware.
Its good till the filters are clogged. Impossible to clean. Always find it inbalance. The holes are denser (10 times) than other on earphones. :frowning2:
Seeing a few posts about this issue, but fortunately I haven't experienced it. An idea to share... I keep many of my IEMs in Pelican or Pelican-like cases (important that the cases be airtight). I put in dessicant packs into these to help remove excess moisture while I am not using them. Anyway, an idea to consider.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #544 of 1,725
This will be big problem. I used it alot to be honest. One week ago when its delivered and i gave them 10 hours every day. During this i always cleaned my ears. But nobody can evade the sweating. My ears are very clean. My iem collections as well. The mele filters looks NOT dirty but it is. I just can hearing the fkng inbalance. 10x during a week.

It just manufacturer error to me. Shouldnt be releasing it with uncleanable filters. To be honest i wanted to buying two more set, but after this i dont.

And yeah i see other folks suffers with this too. Everyone will see later it just depend on time.

Chris had choose the best filters for the best sound. But nobody gave them stress test.
Linsoul should release a filter set for this iem.

Sorry for my english.

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #545 of 1,725
This will be big problem. I used it alot to be honest. One week ago when its delivered and i gave them 10 hours every day. During this i always cleaned my ears. But nobody can evade the sweating. My ears are very clean. My iem collections as well. The mele filters looks NOT dirty but it is. I just can hearing the fkng inbalance. 10x during a week.

It just manufacturer error to me. Shouldnt be releasing it with uncleanable filters. To be honest i wanted to buying two more set, but after this i dont.

And yeah i see other folks suffers with this too. Everyone will see later it just depend on time.

Chris had choose the best filters for the best sound. But nobody gave them stress test.
Linsoul should release a filter set for this iem.

Sorry for my english.
Just out of curiosity, could I ask what eartips you're using? I've been wearing mine for 12 hours+ per day for several weeks now and have had none of the issues youre describing, but I don't use the wide bore tips that were included, I use Spinfit CP100s. I wonder if that's why we might be having different experiences with that...

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #546 of 1,725
After few happy days with mele i realised it is a piece of crap hardware.
Its good till the filters are clogged. Impossible to clean. Always find it inbalance. The holes are denser (10 times) than on other earphones. :frowning2:
Same impression about filters/mesh it can be clogged by moisture and I don't think it even were tested. Otherwise, if someone can suggest an alternative for a clog filters /mesh, please share.

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #547 of 1,725
Just out of curiosity, could I ask what eartips you're using? I've been wearing mine for 12 hours+ per day for several weeks now and have had none of the issues youre describing, but I don't use the wide bore tips that were included, I use Spinfit CP100s. I wonder if that's why we might be having different experiences with that...
I have same issue, and I use spinfit cp100. This is first iem where I had that kind of issue. Mesh on kbear ks1 seems the same, but it was fine

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #548 of 1,725
I use very simular like the included but much softer. Almost the same shape. Mine gives better bass.

All in all after one week normal usage it is shame..

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #549 of 1,725
Hmm sounds like this issue stems from a combination of differences in human physiology and hardware (filter & mesh). I haven't had issues with channel imbalance or condensation buildup, and I've had mine for over 6 weeks now and have been using them almost daily. I use with CP100.

The issue I have with my Mele is different: with USB C to 3.5 mm dongles, I either get hissing noise or weird cuts / interference. Doesn't happen with my Qudelix or ifi zen dac, so it's not too annoying, but it is a bit strange. Dongles sound fine with other IEMs so must be a bad combo.

Oct 10, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #550 of 1,725
Mele Filter Fix

You guys having condensation issues and blocked filters - if Linsoul / DD can't provide spare filters then your choices are going to be:

Moondrop filters
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNmjzAe Starfield/Aria/KXXS ones ONLY - you will end up with a slightly brighter EDIT: darker (sorry) tuning than stock

Tanchjim filters
https://penonaudio.com/tanchjim-oxygen-filter-grill-5-pairs.html
you will end up with a slightly brighter tuning than with Moondrop filters (so significantly brighter similar to stock)

EDIT: Found the graph I was trying to quote from memory for the Moondrop filter mod. Got things a little mixed up, sorry!

Mele tips and moondrop filter mod.jpg

Acoustic tuning cotton (high density version)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLbOWsO
you will end up with the stock tuning and improved clarity (recommended)!
You can also experiment with low density combos - this stuff is much better than fabric dampers, and doesn't seem to ever trap condensation.

Kitchen sponge foam
Just cut some 5mm cubes from the corners of a (fresh) sponge and experiment. Fiddly and can lead to channel imbalance if you don't get the sizes identical, but a good alternative to tuning cotton and doesn't require a 10 day wait for shipping :wink:

Good luck

(More details including stock filter removal guide below)

I have to say, my OOB impressions of these were pretty negative, great tuning of the bass and mids but really compressed soundstage (no height, width OR depth) and dynamics, barely better than mh755 and about on par with VK4 (with worse dynamics), and definitely no BL03.

Luckily they take to modding even better than the Blons, so for anyone who's worried they got stuck with a lemon and has the tinker gene, (self) help is at hand :wink:

Problem: the effing damper, as usual. It's like a brick wall with some holes drilled in it - take off the Mele's and you'll find about 12db+ of extra mids and a big chunk of treble waiting for you, way more than any one could possibly want, but it's clean and uncongested, clear, expansive etc, and whatever's going on with the DDs built in acoustic chambers is definitely working - my drivers seem perfectly matched, imaging is great (separation not so much, but it's a minor point).

Getting back to the original tuning (or a more mid centric one for people who prefer that) without crippling the technicalities again. EDIT (I needed more bass): Take 1 of these high density tuning cotton cylinders (or 1 - 1.5 - 2 low density filters if you want boosted upper mids) here
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPFyjrH and insert them into each nozzle, being careful to keep them correctly oriented, then find your narrowest bore tips (Sony style worked for me) and enjoy the results. The cylinders will stay in place through friction.

Now they're a Blon upgrade!

PS build quality and fit are fantastic, if they hadn't been I would have just chucked them in a drawer with all the other dead memes and moved on.

PPS it's worth picking up all 3 types of the tuning cotton, I used white low density, the black low density ones are new, I can't tell if they're any different but you may get even better results using those. The theory behind using foam over fabric is that it minimises reflections back into the shell.

PPPS Stock filter removal - use a safety pin to gently lever them off the nozzle, and store on a piece of baking parchment to preserve the glue

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #551 of 1,725
Mele Filter Fix

You guys having condensation issues and blocked filters - if Linsoul / DD can't provide spare filters then your choices are going to be:

Moondrop filters
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNmjzAe Starfield/Aria/KXXS ones ONLY - you will end up with a slightly brighter tuning than stock

Tanchjim filters
you will end up with a slightly brighter tuning than with Moondrop filters (so significantly brighter than stock)

You can also experiment with low density combos - this stuff is much better than fabric dampers, and doesn't seem to ever trap condensation.

Kitchen sponge foam
Just cut some 5mm cubes from the corners of a (fresh) sponge and experiment. Fiddly and can lead to channel imbalance if you don't get the sizes identical, but a good alternative to tuning cotton and doesn't require a 10 day wait for shipping :wink:

Good luck

Thanks for your post! I have a question about your Acoustic tuning cotton method. So this requires 1. Carefully removing the stock filter, 2. Removing stock tuning cotton, 3. REplace with the high density version from the AliX link, 4. Place stock filter back in place. Is that right?

Oct 10, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #552 of 1,725
Thanks for your post! I have a question about your Acoustic tuning cotton method. So this requires 1. Carefully removing the stock filter, 2. Removing stock tuning cotton, 3. REplace with the high density version from the AliX link, 4. Place stock filter back in place. Is that right?
NP at all. Correct except stage 4, you're replacing the stock filter, not adding to it. The tuning cotton cylinders will stay in the nozzles just from friction/pressure (you could add a standard metal dust filter if you wanted but that will affect the treble a little and isn't needed). Just be careful they don't flip orientation as they go in - gentle pressure with a pin at the right points will keep the cylinders vertical in the nozzle.

Oct 10, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #553 of 1,725
Mele Filter Fix

Moondrop filters
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNmjzAe Starfield/Aria/KXXS ones ONLY - you will end up with a slightly brighter tuning than stock

Tanchjim filters
you will end up with a slightly brighter tuning than with Moondrop filters (so significantly brighter than stock)

Kitchen sponge foam

Good luck

Of course he found the sound bad. With that tips. And than am not sure it is a good idea to fallow he's method. The bigges included tip wasn't bad, the others are meh. Mine just perfect. (noname)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #554 of 1,725
Bilde_2021-10-10_160619.png
Can this be used for cleaning?
Has saved my Airpods Pro several times.
- One time the mic in the right bud were blocked, and people said sound were muffled. Now after using patafix it's as new. (tested also with voice recorder)
- Occasionally I lose bass, and the ear tip fit test becomes yellow. Patafix again saves the day, and after just a couple of seconds cleaning, it's green again and bass is back.

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #555 of 1,725
Bilde_2021-10-10_160619.png
Can this be used for cleaning?
Has saved my Airpods Pro several times.
- One time the mic in the right bud were blocked, and people said sound were muffled. Now after using patafix it's as new. (tested also with voice recorder)
- Occasionally I lose bass, and the ear tip fit test becomes yellow. Patafix again saves the day, and after just a couple of seconds cleaning, it's green again and bass is back.
I will try. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back