Tripowin TC-01Universal IEM $49.00
Feb 21, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #62 of 117
I have them in my ears right now smiling and head-nodding with my favourite synthwave tracks.
The bass is totally on it’s own (at any price) and is very, very special. I remember going through all these songs when I first got the TC-01, as I just wanted to hear the Tripowin version!

Feb 21, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #63 of 117
Someone wrote a couple weeks back that the TC-01 would be the 2021 sleeper-hit. At first I didn’t understand the statement.......but now I agree. It’s going to be slow (at first) then attract a small following, maybe?

Feb 21, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #64 of 117
I don't think we are going to ever get another Blon 03 in term of popularity and sold units. Sadly because 03 is actualy nothing special and with too many faults.
TC-01 is clearly several leagues ahead of 03, but I guess people won't give it a chance because it's not as affordable as 03 and will probably will never be pushed by some influential (good or bad) reviewers.

Feb 21, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #65 of 117
Someone wrote a couple weeks back that the TC-01 would be the 2021 sleeper-hit. At first I didn’t understand the statement.......but now I agree. It’s going to be slow (at first) then attract a small following, maybe?
Are the Heart Mirror and Whizzer 01 in the ring? Heart Mirror was an even bigger surprise for me (when amped). My Whizzer is still on the way so I can't comment on that but I've been hearing good things as well!

Feb 21, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #66 of 117
Are the Heart Mirror and Whizzer 01 in the ring? Heart Mirror was an even bigger surprise for me (when amped). My Whizzer is still on the way so I can't comment on that but I've been hearing good things as well!

I’m not familiar with those other two, but maybe someone else can report in, in reference to them? At this point I’ll believe anything new almost is good or has the potential to be successful and surprisingly good for $50 or under. Even the KB EAR Lark was good in its own way. It didn’t do bass like the TC-01 but had other magic tricks. Even though the TC-01 beats out the BLON BL01 in my book; still the BL-01 was surprisingly good? So it may have been this big advancement in this price bracket in the last 18 months? It’s crazy? Good stuff from every direction it seems?

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #67 of 117
I don't think we are going to ever get another Blon 03 in term of popularity and sold units. Sadly because 03 is actualy nothing special and with too many faults.
TC-01 is clearly several leagues ahead of 03, but I guess people won't give it a chance because it's not as affordable as 03 and will probably will never be pushed by some influential (good or bad) reviewers.

That's like your opinion. For me the Blon 03 has a much more enjoyable and natural tonality while 01 just another average IEM with a weird tonality and unatural midrange. It already went into the retired drawer while 03 is still in daily rotation along with $300-400 IEMs.

Feb 21, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #68 of 117
That's like your opinion. For me the Blon 03 has a much more enjoyable and natural tonality while 01 just another average IEM with a weird tonality and unatural midrange. It already went into the retired drawer while 03 is still in daily rotation along with $300-400 IEMs.

There is no wrong or right here, it's all about preferences.

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #69 of 117
F02413CA-A519-4BA7-B589-1945FF04B404.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #70 of 117
I don’t have “audiophile” ears and will probably never do a review on any iem or over-ear headphone. But I do know what sounds best to my ears based on the type of music I’m listening to at any particular time. For some it’s the iBasso IT01, others the Blon 01, and others the Tin T3. To my ears, they are all very good IEMs.

I'm still wondering how in the world could a very good iem (Blon 01) only cost $20. Yikes!

Not sure when this madness will end. I just recently started this IEM journey and already have 3 sets, and now Shozy 1.1 and Tripowin TC-01 arriving this weekend. Probably wouldn’t be caught up in “try this one, try that one” if they weren’t so affordable.

iBASSO is presenting Alisha Popat ALIVE very nicely.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #71 of 117
I don’t have “audiophile” ears and will probably never do a review on any iem or over-ear headphone. But I do know what sounds best to my ears based on the type of music I’m listening to at any particular time. For some it’s the iBasso IT01, others the Blon 01, and others the Tin T3. To my ears, they are all very good IEMs.

I'm still wondering how in the world could a very good iem (Blon 01) only cost $20. Yikes!

Not sure when this madness will end. I just recently started this IEM journey and already have 3 sets, and now Shozy 1.1 and Tripowin TC-01 arriving this weekend. Probably wouldn’t be caught up in “try this one, try that one” if they weren’t so affordable.

iBASSO is presenting Alisha Popat ALIVE very nicely.
That’s how the IEM drug dealers get you hooked; they make the IEMs as cheap as gum drops....

Next thing you know you feel like committing a crime to get a new IEM “fix”.

:)

It all started with an innocent $49 purchase. The TC-01 is the gateway audiophile IEM.

One is too many and 1000 not enough.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #72 of 117
m-m-m-m yummmm .... the Tripowin TC-01 is EXCELLENT.

Was doing some A-B listening with various library picks. The iBasso, Blon, Shozy, and the Tripowin are great for acoustic guitar and male/female vocals...

- Alisha Popat, African Inspired Covers, Ave Marie
- Eric Clapton, Unplugged, Lonely Stranger
- Nils Lofgren, Acoustic Live, Keith Don't Go
- Melissa Etheridge, 4th Street Feeling, Rock and Roll Me

BUT.... only the Tripowin can deliver Edgar Winter Frankenstein the way it should be heard and felt. 🔥

Attachments

• Tripowin_TC-01.jpg
    Tripowin_TC-01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #73 of 117
Oh and BTW - the TC-01 is the best fitting of the bunch. Love how they insert oh-so easily and very slim/flat in the ear. Their ergonomic profile is so flat, I could probably slide my tight-fitting motorcycle helmet down over my ears without dislodging them.

Mar 1, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #74 of 117
Any further impressions? Thoroughly enjoying my Fiio FH3 with a Tripowin 2.5mm balanced cable and Qudelix 5K, but I've got an itch for a single DD set. Was considering Moondrop Starfields but the TC-01 price point is very attractive. The BL01 is in the running too, but I must say I much prefer the look of the TC-01 and am attracted to its reports of ergonomics and comfort. Also, what's the nozzle size on these? Wondering if my Spinfit CP145s will fit.

Sorry, I meant to reply some days ago and got side-tracked. I didn't use a micrometer, but close enough....

The outer flange is 5 mm, the main tube is 4 mm, and the length from base to outer edge of flange is 4 mm.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #75 of 117
how does these compared to the shozy form 1.1?
I have the Shozy 1.1 and the Tripowin TC-01.

The Shozy is more subdued, seems to have a warmer tone, where the Tripowin can feel a bit bright at times. The vocals are pushed back a bit, no surprise as the Shozy peaks a lot lower in the 2-4 kHz range.

They both hit the sub-bass area with authority. The Tripowin really shines with EDM and acoustic guitar male/female vocals. And like I said before, the TC-01 provides a spectacular listen to Edgar Winter Frankenstein and the like.

Attachments

• graph Shozy-Tripowin.png
    graph Shozy-Tripowin.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back