triplefi cables - Are they really that horrible?
Sep 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mrjayviper

500+ Head-Fier
 I was reading Amazon and lots of feedback in regards to how sucky the cables are.

The phones will be staying at work and will be probably be using 50/50 with my Den D7000.

Thanks! :)

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 13
There is a lot of chatter about replacement cables in the triple fi thread.

Something about dark lord being a good one.

Check it out, Jim

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 13
OK thanks. I did search the forums but didn't fine one of those appreciation thread.

Thanks

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 13
OK thanks. I did search the forums but didn't fine one of those appreciation thread.
Thanks

Here's the thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/309321/ultimate-ears-triple-fi-10-appreciation-thread

it's absolutely huge, you will be lost forever reading.

The stock cable is horrible, it's memory wire ear hooks are shocking for comfort and you can achieve better sound quality using upgrade cables, comfort increases and over all durability.

If you want to upgrade check out some of sunrickys cables.

http://search.ebay.com/?sass=sunricky&ht=-1

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #5 of 13
For what it's worth, I loved the cable.  I thought it was the right thickness and I liked the fact that it was tangle proof.  Never had problems with it.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #7 of 13
Do you have to wear these earbuds over the ear? I haven't been wearing it like that because my westone epic cable makes it very uncomfortable to do so. Does any body have similar experiences with the westone epic cable?

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 13
I made a post about some cables I got made for my SF3 and TFs.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/626941/custom-made-cables-for-my-tf10-and-sf3

I wouldn't call the standard OE normal cable that that bad, but the Vi cable is atrocious! It strangles the output causing the whole sound to be muffled and vague. I never really noticed until recently, I now have 2 new Vi cables I've got to get shot of.

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #10 of 13
the stock cables are pretty bad lol.

they look cheap, aren't flexible, and have this really weird memory thing going on near the connector
i'd recommend buying 3rd party cables

Oct 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #11 of 13
Chris Himself Cables FTW

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #12 of 13
The stock cables has it's good and bad, but the bad lead to it's own demise in my case. I like the thickness and it seemed durable. The bad is it had no flexibility, it was like a big memory wire. When I uncurled it after taking it out of the case it came with the cable would look like a wire twisty tie that I would have to manually straighten to a reasonable listening shape or it'll be poking me in the face because of all the bent angles. Through this process of daily use the wire went bad after 6 months. I know it was because I was pulling on it everyday to straighten it out but what was I to do? So, I like it but I hate it too. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #13 of 13
Yeh pretty much exactly what blikkem said. If i don't have to i try not to put them in the case at all because after you coil them up, it takes such an effort to manually straighten them. That being said, they look and feel bombproof which i guess is always a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back