Triple Fi 10's up against Livewires and FreQshows
Jul 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Dublo7

1000+ Head-Fier
So I have a pair of Triple Fi 10's, and I absolutely love them. However, because money goes through my fingers like water, I'm getting interested in buying some custom IEM's.
Would the Livewires or the FreqShows be much of an upgrade over the Triple Fi 10's?

The UE10s and 11s are way out of my price range.

Cheers.

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 14
im thirsty can i have some water?

Jul 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any custom is obviously going to be a huge improvement over universals

But it's only the tip which is custom, not the drivers. I've never heard a custom - what makes you think this is obvious? Surely a good seal with a universal can be very similar or the same as a custom?

I accept that, generally, what you posted seems to be accepted as fact, but why?
I admit, I don't know enough about the process of making customs to make that call...are all customs ipso facto better?

Jul 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But it's only the tip which is custom, not the drivers. I've never heard a custom - what makes you think this is obvious? Surely a good seal with a universal can be very similar or the same as a custom?

I accept that, generally, what you posted seems to be accepted as fact, but why?
I admit, I don't know enough about the process of making customs to make that call...are all customs ipso facto better?

I wonder this as well??

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any custom is obviously going to be a huge improvement over universals

I dont know why this is so widely accepted. I think the customer satisfaction among those with custom molds is higher because the biggest troublemaker among universal fit owners is the fit, or the lack of it to be more precise.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4agze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i believe a good seal will improve the sound quality over the value of IEM

definitely.. been using universal fits and in order to get the bass at its full glory, i gotta press it into my ears. '
I don't see a point in getting high end universal earphones if the fit won't be as good as a custom. It's also difficult to get a good seal with universals when the earholes are wet. I can testify to that as i'm live in a tropical country.
it's absed on opinion, and mine is, i'd rather get a low end custom, rather than a high end universal.

oh i recently got my livewire trips.. but it still hasn't arrived yet!! ugh. getting impatient.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #12 of 14
reshell the tf10 if you like the signature so much.

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by B[van] /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reshell the tf10 if you like the signature so much.

x2

Don't know how long that 80$ offer is going to last, so I'd say get on the train while you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back