triple fi 10 ruined in the wash.. need new iems!
Nov 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Al4x

Headphoneus Supremus
hi, i recently put my ultimate ears tf 10s through the wash so i need some more headphones.

i had these before logitech bought the company.
i loved the sound signature with prominent top end

should i get the same phones again (considering they are under logitech now) or go for something else?

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 28
The new UE900, Sony EX1000, Heir Audio 4Ai, GR01, CK10, DBA-02, RE272 willbe great buy and they all are very detaile in mids and highs but UE TF10Pro are still great pair to buy

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 28
Have you tried drying them completely? I've heard a lot of people washing their IEMs with BAs and they all worked after fully drying them out. Maybe you were unlucky 
frown.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 28
Quote:
Have you tried drying them completely? I've heard a lot of people washing their IEMs with BAs and they all worked after fully drying them out. Maybe you were unlucky 
frown.gif

Yeah, try sticking them in some rice (uncooked of course), it's a great way of getting moisture out of electronics. Couldn't hurt.

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 28
Sorry for your loss.

If you weren't in the UK, I'd offer to sell you my UE4-Pro customs... you'd just need to get them re-shelled. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 28
it pulled the plastic blue nozzle off the shell, tbh, they will necer sound the same i doubt, its not like an electronic product where its on or off, it could have affected the drivers,

would have been detergent in there too!

it was a pain   finding these, trying out different phones.
the fast bass and clear treble is what made me like them over the shure 530s at the time i bought them

only thing i didnt like is the size!

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #11 of 28
Have a look at the T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM. It is considered an upgrade over TF10. (about $150 through the manufacturer)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:
Have a look at the T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM. It is considered an upgrade over TF10. (about $150 through the manufacturer)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

my worry is they are so new!
i like a very detailed high end and sharp bass, A U curve really. but its the top end i really notice if its missing.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #13 of 28
my worry is they are so new!
i like a very detailed high end and sharp bass, A U curve really. but its the top end i really notice if its missing.

I've just upgraded from TF10 and GR07 MK2 to H-100. Blows TF10 away. It is a mild U shape sig, with deeep DEEP controlled sub-bass and detailed highs. :wink:

Take a risk, be like us. :cool: lol

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:
I've just upgraded from TF10 and GR07 MK2 to H-100. Blows TF10 away. It is a mild U shape sig, with deeep DEEP controlled sub-bass and detailed highs.
wink.gif

Take a risk, be like us.
cool.gif
lol

hmm it is an interesting looking phone on paper.
My listening tends to comprise dubstep, electro, techno, classical.. pop music too.
the flaws i usually notice in phones are poor treble, i cant stand it.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #15 of 28
hmm it is an interesting looking phone on paper.
My listening tends to comprise dubstep, electro, techno, classical.. pop music too.
the flaws i usually notice in phones are poor treble, i cant stand it.

I listen to a lot o EDM and pop music, :D (I seriously do, check my profile) The treble is being rated highly, very airy and detailed, it can sit deep or high in the soundstage depending on the track. Very very good imaging properties. Makes TF10 sound congested closed in and veiled over with a hankie.

Makes everything else sound I'm listening through a wooden door, muffled. Absolutely houses the TF10 one of my previous favourite IEM's for many months.

Sorry for sounding like I'm Hyping but I'm very passionate about this IEM since ownership. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back