Triple fi 10 pros broken!!!
Feb 22, 2008 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ups767300

New Head-Fier
I just received my triple fi 10 pros yesterday and when I went to use them this morning at my regular volume which is not too loud and I heard a crackling sound from my right earphone and it basically stopped working. They are completely free of wax and I tried switching the cables on them and tried different sources with no difference. The best way I can describe it is it sounds like one or more of the drivers in the right earphone ceased functioning, to be specific the high frequency driver. The volume is a lot lower than on the left ear phone and high frequency sounds appear to be missing. It is so frustrating to have just paid close to 400 dollars for them and have them give out, I purchased from earphonesolutions.com and sent off an email to them requesting assistance.
mad.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 16
you probably just got a faulty pair, dont be too fustrated, theres always a bad apple in a basket, so i mean, u probably just got unlucky.

considering u got it from earphonesolutions.com and not like.. ebay, be even more happy, considering that you have warrenty for it.

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 16
The problem appears to have disappeared as quickly as it appeared. I suppose all is well now. If reappears within the next 2 years I can get it repaired. I am wondering though the last thing I ran through them last night was a 10-19hz test tone. Perhaps the driver movement at those frequencies messed with a connection inside the earphone. And your right at least I did not purchase them off of ebay. lol

Feb 22, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ups767300 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem appears to have disappeared as quickly as it appeared. I suppose all is well now. If reappears within the next 2 years I can get it repaired. I am wondering though the last thing I ran through them last night was a 10-19hz test tone. Perhaps the driver movement at those frequencies messed with a connection inside the earphone. And your right at least I did not purchase them off of ebay. lol

Just a comment... Earphone Solutions has excellent CS, so you're fortunate where you sourced them from. UE has good CS as well. That said... a 10-19 hz test tone ????? Are you serious? OK - I'll phrase it differently (and pls don't take this personally - I don't mean it personally) ARE YOU NUTS ???

Just play 'em and enjoy 'em and don't Fu*k around at those frequencies. You really have test tones at 10-19Hz.? I don't think the IEM drivers can handle those frequencies - and I don't think you understand; there's no music there.

You're lucky to have those IEM's. - don't mess them up.

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 16
I just wanted to see if they could actually reproduce 10hz because thats what they are rated down too, and your right I took that little "problem" as a warning no more test tones on iems anymore. Im a home theatre nut so I have those tones laying around on a test cd. Should have thought twice before trying them on tiny iem drivers.
basshead.gif
Well on the plus side I think the bass seems to have opened up.. might be some mental break in though.

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ups767300 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to see if they could actually reproduce 10hz because thats what they are rated down too, and your right I took that little "problem" as a warning no more test tones on iems anymore. Im a home theatre nut so I have those tones laying around on a test cd. Should have thought twice before trying them on tiny iem drivers.
basshead.gif

I understand. Well... Those test tones are for your sub (if it can play down that far). Room size and speaker placement have everything to do with how well your sub will reproduce them. And if you're fortunate - you'll "feel" those sound waves, but you won't hear 'em - cause there's no music there. If IEM's are rated down that far, it's strictly theoretical. Live & learn.
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultimate Ears is very good about warranty repairs and replacements.

-Ed

u are unlucky,but don't warry.
cool.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #12 of 16
just an update, tonight the bass in the left earphone completely went out leaving what sounds like only the high frequency driver working. This happened as I had the earphones hooked up to my bass guitar amp (at a safe volume which should not cause headphones to fail). They have nice highs.. but all highs is no good. I have never had this many problems with a pair of higher end headphones but the customer service is great and I think I may just have a weak pair of headphones.... My best guess is that maybe some connections in the earphone have come loose because the volume I use them at could not have possibly blown them out.

Feb 24, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #13 of 16
oh man these headphones are weirding me out, I ended up requesting an rma # but today I pulled them back out of the box to try them only to find that the problem has disappeared again? what gives. Could a cable cause bass to completely cut out from one earphone? I thought it was an all or nothing deal. I'm worried that nothing will be done if I send them back and they sound fine when they test them. The problems are intermittent, has anyone ever experienced anything like this with any headphone?

Feb 24, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #14 of 16
im waiting for my UE TF 10s back from CA, USA, there customer service up till now has been excellent, ive had personal emails from the top people

looking forward to getting my pair back!

Feb 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 16
ups767300 had the same problem as you but it was the right earpiece. Sounded like the driver had gone, sound just fizzled out so I left it overnight and was about to email to get an rma number but decided to test a final time and all was working again. This problem has not reared its ugly head since but still would like to know what's causing it and if this is going to be a slow but terminal demise of my IEM's.

Haven't had much luck with UE products, had SuperFi 5 Pro's exchanged twice and the Triple Fi once, patience is is slowly running out need to find another more reliable manfacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back