Triple-Fi 10 picture
Sep 26, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #32 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negative Design
They fixed those issues with Version 2.0.I love my 2.0 so far its significantly better than 1.0.

The 399$ for the TrX seems too good to be true...how could you have a similiar if not better sound than UE 10 and sell it at such a low price....this undermines the UE 10 a great deal...definitely turns me off from a UE 10.

The isolation for my SF5Ps are decent...and horrible when I persperate as the units keep popping out,I wish my units could go deeper in the canal.

As for the design I love it,I hope its not just a concept,and the wires look removable to me....makes no sense to not have removable wires when all their other products high and low end have em.

who says its going to be better than the UE10s??
blink.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #33 of 86
Quote:

The 399$ for the TrX seems too good to be true...how could you have a similiar if not better sound than UE 10 and sell it at such a low price....this undermines the UE 10 a great deal...definitely turns me off from a UE 10.

The cost of creating a UE-10 doesn't really come from the components so much as it does from the labor required to create the custom mold itself.

Sep 26, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #34 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
The cost of creating a UE-10 doesn't really come from the components so much as it does from the labor required to create the custom mold itself.

Cost of labour and time required to do turn the molds into the earpieces is probably where most of the cost originates. The materials themselves should be pretty cheap.

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #37 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
Maybe because the tuned the driver in a differant way to the UE-10pro, either way Im looking forward to these. Doesn't seem to the have the detachable cable which is present on the super.fi line which sucks balls

lol It has the detachable cable still from what I'm seeing. Look at the cable, and then the main unit. I bet you it detatches there.

Sep 26, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #39 of 86
Im feeling really skeptical about these to be honest, I just keep thinking there gonna be like the super.fi but with an extra driver which doesn't exite me. Hopefully Im wrong and I don't have to brake out the £500 its gonna cost me for some UE-10 or ACS T2i.

Sep 26, 2006 at 8:42 AM Post #40 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
who says its going to be better than the UE10s??
blink.gif

I said it would be similiar if not better,not better
tongue.gif
.But all signs point to better since they using the exact same drivers as the UE 10 and in addition it will hit freqs. UE 10 cannot and it has a 3rd driver.

I think there will be a highly tuned triple.fi 10 PRO or UE 11 Pro made with this technology but custom.

Karim, the release date is supposed to be sometime in Oct...same time R600 is suppose to drop...but thats another subject lol.

Sep 26, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #41 of 86
Currently waiting for an RMA on my metallic black Super.fi Pro 5's (I accidentally broke them)...

I just want to reiterate how wonderful the UE customer service reps. are. My rep. went above and beyone the call of duty to make sure I was a happy customer due to a prolonged waiting period for my replacement 5 Pro's.

During our conversation I asked just how different the sound signature is between the 5 Pro's and the Triple.fi's - and I quote - "I really can't say too much but the sound is definitely different than the 5 Pro's. When we were all in the product meeting we got to try them out and bitchin' is a word I haven't used in a long time, but that's what the Triple.fi's are, bitchin'" - So there ya have it - more scuttlebutt. Not the best technical explanation but it was fun to talk to a UE rep about the new product.

I did tell the rep. that a lot of people on this forum were waiting with anticipation for the realease. They know... Duh!

I'm kind of hesitant to rush out an get the Triple.fi's if the sound signature is that much different. Does different mean better? I just don't know at this point.

But isn't fun to post on Head-Fi and speculate about UE's new product. It's been fun for me! And I think that the pic posted, if it's the real deal, looks pretty good. Blue is my favorite color anyway...

Sep 26, 2006 at 12:31 PM Post #42 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcodeguy
Currently waiting for an RMA on my metallic black Super.fi Pro 5's (I accidentally broke them)...

I just want to reiterate how wonderful the UE customer service reps. are. My rep. went above and beyone the call of duty to make sure I was a happy customer due to a prolonged waiting period for my replacement 5 Pro's.

During our conversation I asked just how different the sound signature is between the 5 Pro's and the Triple.fi's - and I quote - "I really can't say too much but the sound is definitely different than the 5 Pro's. When we were all in the product meeting we got to try them out and bitchin' is a word I haven't used in a long time, but that's what the Triple.fi's are, bitchin'" - So there ya have it - more scuttlebutt. Not the best technical explanation but it was fun to talk to a UE rep about the new product.

I did tell the rep. that a lot of people on this forum were waiting with anticipation for the realease. They know... Duh!

I'm kind of hesitant to rush out an get the Triple.fi's if the sound signature is that much different. Does different mean better? I just don't know at this point.

But isn't fun to post on Head-Fi and speculate about UE's new product. It's been fun for me! And I think that the pic posted, if it's the real deal, looks pretty good. Blue is my favorite color anyway...

What is "bitchin'" supposed to mean?
tongue.gif
I'm guessing the rep loved it!

Sep 26, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #43 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negative Design
I said it would be similiar if not better,not better
tongue.gif
.But all signs point to better since they using the exact same drivers as the UE 10 and in addition it will hit freqs. UE 10 cannot and it has a 3rd driver.

I think there will be a highly tuned triple.fi 10 PRO or UE 11 Pro made with this technology but custom.

Karim, the release date is supposed to be sometime in Oct...same time R600 is suppose to drop...but thats another subject lol.

Just because the Triples will hit 18k doesn't mean it'll be better. Plus, are you sure you can actually hear the difference with the rest of the music playing? 16k and 18k probably doesn't make a huge difference from a realistic and practical point of view.

What R600
evil_smiley.gif
? Is there another temptation out their to steal my money away..

Sep 26, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #45 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Just because the Triples will hit 18k doesn't mean it'll be better. Plus, are you sure you can actually hear the difference with the rest of the music playing? 16k and 18k probably doesn't make a huge difference from a realistic and practical point of view.

What R600
evil_smiley.gif
? Is there another temptation out their to steal my money away..

Hmmmm...a critical audiophile may possibly notice the difference,especially is a particular song/sound peaks around that level.

I don't think the R600 is as tempting as the Triple.Fis unless your more into videocards than headphones
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back