Triple-Fi 10 picture
Sep 25, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #17 of 86
Same high frequency driver in Triple.fi ? Are they mistaken? Or they mean same low frequency drivers?

I heard that UE will extend this Triple.fi frequency response to extend a little beyond 16k, and UE10 Pro is not able to do this. Therefore, if using the same high frequency driver, how is the triple.fi able to extend?

Sep 25, 2006 at 9:01 AM Post #19 of 86
Maybe because the tuned the driver in a differant way to the UE-10pro, either way Im looking forward to these. Doesn't seem to the have the detachable cable which is present on the super.fi line which sucks balls

Sep 25, 2006 at 11:29 AM Post #20 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Is this the renamed verion of the Triple X (or was it XXX) thing that they had a naming contest for? If so, what is the suggested retail? What do they expect to be the street price? Not that I'll get one, I'm just curious.

From what I remember, this was supposed to be the universal fit version of the UE 10, which I already have. So I can't see the point of getting a Triple-Fi 10 (at least not for myself).

Wayne, yup, that's it!!!

Y'know I really thought this would be a repost since typically I'm slow to get news. I know preorders for the TripleFi are due at the end of the month, first week of October. I believe release is sitll on for October (kinda late, but better late than never). I've religiously asked UE every month for some kind of update since the Nationals.

I think I'm in a big club of people who are waiting for some UE testers to see how they compare with the E500's. Unlike some, I really like the E500's for what they are - IEMs with some nice bass (low-end grunt). The problem for me with the E500's is the midrange. There is something going on there I can't really explain. Its not bad but its not as accurate as I would like. Shure fuzz is the only term that really explains it to me.

UE-10 universals with a meatier bass sounds like headfi heaven to me....

Sep 25, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #21 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger
Of note in the article:
  1. It has a slightly bigger bulge than the 5 pros to accomodate the third driver
  2. Uses the same high frequency driver as the UE-10 Pro
  3. Comes with attenuator
I agree, it looks pretty hot too!

Cool! But how do you know?

Sep 25, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #22 of 86
They look quite nice. I'm interested in hearing these. I'd love to give them a Head-to-Head against my E500.

Trogdor, I know what you mean...although for me the larger issue is isolation. The E500 isolates very well for me, but I'd like a little more especially for air travel. I guess I really need a UE-10
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 25, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #24 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
They look quite nice. I'm interested in hearing these. I'd love to give them a Head-to-Head against my E500.

Trogdor, I know what you mean...although for me the larger issue is isolation. The E500 isolates very well for me, but I'd like a little more especially for air travel. I guess I really need a UE-10
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not necessarily, I get more isolation from the E4 or E500 with foamies than I do with the UE-10.

Sep 25, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #25 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Not necessarily, I get more isolation from the E4 or E500 with foamies than I do with the UE-10.

Really, huh, I know two guys in the area that say just the opposite. It's too bad you need to go all in for the UE-10 in order to really try them.

Thanks.

Sep 25, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #26 of 86
Pretty cool! Is it just me or do the Triples look a bit understated? Purely from that single picture, the Triples lack the sort of high-end look that the E500 have. I guess we'll get to know it better when the time comes...

Found another review (by LAPTOP Magazine):
http://laptopmag.com/News/Accessorie...-Earphones.htm

Sep 25, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #27 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPTOP Magazine
...each package will come with five rubber earbud tips...

You think they mean 4 rubber earbud tips and 1 foam tip, or is there a new sleeve type on the way?

Sep 25, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #28 of 86
The real question we're dealing with here is:

Have they fixed the freaking fit and durability issues so many people have with the Super.fi's????

Sep 25, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #30 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
The real question we're dealing with here is:

Have they fixed the freaking fit and durability issues so many people have with the Super.fi's????

They fixed those issues with Version 2.0.I love my 2.0 so far its significantly better than 1.0.

The 399$ for the TrX seems too good to be true...how could you have a similiar if not better sound than UE 10 and sell it at such a low price....this undermines the UE 10 a great deal...definitely turns me off from a UE 10.

The isolation for my SF5Ps are decent...and horrible when I persperate as the units keep popping out,I wish my units could go deeper in the canal.

As for the design I love it,I hope its not just a concept,and the wires look removable to me....makes no sense to not have removable wires when all their other products high and low end have em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back