Triple Fi 10 Cable difference? My new TF10 has a different cable, normal?
Dec 9, 2009 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

crewxp

Head-Fier
Hey, I have a Triple.fi 10 pro that I bought a few months back. I just ordered a new Triple.Fi 10, this time a vi version, as I use it with my iPhone. (Hated the long cable of the Shure Adapter).

But the cable on my new vi is different than my old Triple.Fi. Is this normal? My first Triple.Fi's cable looked 'stronger' and it was kind of glossy. The plug also had a L-bend to it.

The new Triple.Fi 10's cable looks more 'soft', maybe weaker? The plug is straight instead of having a bend to it.

Are there any quality differences that I should be aware of between the two cables? Should I keep one over the over?

Thanks.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 30
The older cables had a right angle connector. The newer ones are straight. Odd that you should get an older cable if you bought it only a few months ago. Old stock, perhaps.

Can't comment on the durability of the old cable. No problems so far with the newer style one.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 30
No chin slider on the new cable? That stinks. Also, I liked the right angle plug the last time I had them a while back. More fuel to upgrade the included cable I suppose. Oh well.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #5 of 30
nope. my vi doesn't have a slider either. Dang. sucks no one has any experience w/ both cords. but Ntropic says no issues with the new cable, so I'm glad :p

Want to sell my old one, but looks like too many people bought the Amazon deal just to sell them for profit, ruins it for me :/

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #6 of 30
I have had both and I actually prefer the newer "straight" connector cable because it is less twisty. Sound, impedance, etc. is identical from both.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #7 of 30
I have 3 different cords... The very old right angle plug, a newer version of that cord with a straight plug, and a vi cord.

The oldest one (right angle) is very stiff and shiny (maybe due to age) I didn't like it, it wouldn't "relax".

The same version with the straight plug was just as thick, not quite as shiny, and was a little less stiff. I bought that off UE's website about 6 months ago?

The version I have now with the vi's is not shiny, more rubbery, and even more pliable... It is by far my favorite so far...

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 30
It's a shame the triple-fi 10 didn't come with a cable clip
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #9 of 30
So did they fix the durability of the cable in the new tf10 (non-vi)? I'm looking to get a pair, but through my research it seems that the tf10 is notorious for its cable falling apart.

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #11 of 30
Yep, it's the exact same 'phone. The only difference is in the cable.

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #12 of 30
The original iPhone had a recessed headphone Jack hence the straight plug. As for the cable slider, it won't work properly with the mic on the cord

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #15 of 30
WORST CABLE EVER.

I have been using my d-77's for the past month because I refuse to buy my 4th cable for these IEM's. I am PISSED. The bust at the jack, they bust at the headphone joint. The right angle was way better then the straight. I love these things so much, but I would have to say pass because of the POS cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back