Trip to Poland - a few questions...
Feb 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
well because of the two threads I saw about eurotrip plans I decided to open a thread aswell. at the 9th of march until the 17th I'll be at poland with friends to the traditional trip to poland to see all the holocaust sites. (I'm Jewish/israeli)

Anyways, at nights, after the touring I will probably go out with my friends and eat and stuff like that. I had a few questions...
I will be visiting Kraków, Lublin, Warsow and places at the middle.
1. How are the prices over there? If I wanna eat some fast food, how much money do I need to spend?
2. What is the weather there in mid-March?
3. Is beer legal to a bunch of 16-17 year old people?

Feb 2, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 6
No that's not an option. It's going to be a very intense trip so there wouldn't be enough time. I'm talking about the daily 1-2 hours of free time before going to sleep...

Feb 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 6
1. McDonald menu is roughly $4~$6 depending on the exchange. In restaurants you'll spend at least $10 on a two dish dinner with a non-alcoholic drink.
2. Expect it to be around 40~50 F, most probably rainy.
3. No, you have to show ID saying you're at least 18.

Feb 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 6
Sorry for going a bit off-topic...
I have some experience with Poland, but no up-to-date info about price level.

I remember those days when Poland was dirt cheap! Sadly its long gone...
Like in 1993 when me and friend spent 10 days in Poland, as part of our european road trip (car) through Sweden, Denmark, Germany, ... One night in Poznan and nine nights just outside Warzaw (Milanowek to be specific). A night on the best hotel in Poznan (five star) put us back about $30, for both of us. While food and drinks for a full night out put us back about $20, for both of us.
No wonder I was dead drunk!
popcorn.gif
wink_face.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 6
The Czech Republic also is known for cheap drinks and cigarettes. Prices have gone a little up however the last couple of years.
wink.gif

Sadly the only news we ever here from Poland is pretty bad like people losing their jobs because Polish people are cheaper for labour and that sort of things.
frown.gif
I on the other hand would love to visit Warsaw.

It might be interesting to read some about the history of Poland. Poland is a very young country and there were times there simply was no Poland because of many conflicts regarding borders. I found it pretty interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back