Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now!
Jan 9, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #706 of 755
While I understand where you're coming from, the point of the filters is to open them up to a much wider audiophile audience. Even at 7, some people still failed to find a pair that worked how they wanted them to. This is because you're getting into territory where people really care about sound and want the best sound they can get at their price point. Trinity really care about this too - and better techniques are being discovered all the time. The spare cable, while nice to have, doesn't stop them from working the way you'd like them to. if you have a package with 2 cables in, you can still only use one of them - just as you'll only use the filters that sound the way you like. Personally, My spare cable is still sat in the box - waiting for the day I may have to use it. I'd be happy enough for Trinity to just add a spare cable to the accessory page, rather than just a PONO cable, an £100 cable or bluetooth. But that's just me.

Regarding how quiet this thread is - Totally agree! We need more people in here, and more people exited about the brand. So far, I've only got the Vyrus 1 and 2 on preorder - but if their cheaper IEM's sound this good, I can't wait to get more expensive ones!

Did you see the instagram pic of the Vyrus 2?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOTE3fGBNbe/?taken-by=trinityaudio&hl=en

Not sure what's to be skeptical about - Design is pretty much the same as the 1 (pic above isn't final obviously), will have a modular cable system, will be lighter and have improvemnts over the 1.

Thanks for the pic. I'm not using instagram so I totally missed that. But what I really want to know about is the modular cable system. I don't get why the standard cable system on the v1, designed for it to be enduring, turns out to be its weak point as some people complain about connection.

I'm really careless sometimes (sleep with earphones on, harshly shove it in my pocket when I go out, etc. So I'm over concerned about durability. Plus, this would be my biggest investment so I hope it would last longer than some of my previous ones (usually 3-4 months)
It seems like I can't find a reason not to try it. Starting to save money for this baby.

Btw, since you owe the first version, is it hard to drive? Do I have to have amp or alike equipments for it to give what it has to offer.
I'm using laptop and regular phone (doesn't have enhancement in audio department, like, for example the lg v20).

To be honest, I'm possibly not the best person to ask. I don't find them difficult to drive. My iPhone 6 is doing fine with them, but I'm pretty sure any IEM's would benefit from something driving them a bit more. Others on here would be able to guide you better than me though.

I'm sure they will do just fine durability wise. They wouldn't make them if they thought not... I don't think they'd bother making lighter at the expense of quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #707 of 755
will the bass of Trinity Vyrus satisfy or reach basshead level standards?? (using the bassiest filters).. i listen to bass heavy tracks & genres like The Weeknd - Starboy, Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know and the likes. planning to upgrade from my zs3's

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #708 of 755
  will the bass of Trinity Vyrus satisfy or reach basshead level standards?? (using the bassiest filters).. i listen to bass heavy tracks & genres like The Weeknd - Starboy, Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know and the likes. planning to upgrade from my zs3's

In my experience they certainly do! I'm not sure if you need 'basshead' levels for those tracks, though. I mostly listen to Hardstyle (kick is around 500hz with sub bass and low end rumble, basically a very large part of the lower end). I really like the bass quantity of the VYRUS with the gunmetal filters (damped). Due to circumstances I had to listen with Apple EarPods for several months, but when my VYRUS came in the mail and I tried them they gave me a genuine 'WOW this bass!", and I remember telling my girlfriend "this bass is amazing!". I have no experience with zs3's, but I am certain these little buggers won't disappoint, especially with the Head-Fi discount they won't :)

-edit-

When listening to Nelly Furtado - Say It Right, the bass gives my eardrums some nice blows, as if I hear a subwoofer right next to my ear, definitely plenty of detail and texture to the bass.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #709 of 755

In my experience they certainly do! I'm not sure if you need 'basshead' levels for those tracks, though. I mostly listen to Hardstyle (kick is around 500hz with sub bass and low end rumble, basically a very large part of the lower end). I really like the bass quantity of the VYRUS with the gunmetal filters (damped). Due to circumstances I had to listen with Apple EarPods for several months, but when my VYRUS came in the mail and I tried them they gave me a genuine 'WOW this bass!", and I remember telling my girlfriend "this bass is amazing!". I have no experience with zs3's, but I am certain these little buggers won't disappoint, especially with the Head-Fi discount they won't :)

-edit-

When listening to Nelly Furtado - Say It Right, the bass gives my eardrums some nice blows, as if I hear a subwoofer right next to my ear, definitely plenty of detail and texture to the bass.

i'm aiming for basshead level iem's is because i don't EQ anymore and i'm a basshead, i used to EQ before but it sacrifices the clarity&detail of the sound :). and my choice of genres and songs are no fun to listen to when there's weak bass lol

does it sound muddy when the silver filters are used?? i've read that it sounded muddy with the silver (bassiest) filters. i prefer an iem with quality bass & clarity

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #710 of 755
i'm aiming for basshead level iem's is because i don't EQ anymore and i'm a basshead, i used to EQ before but it sacrifices the clarity&detail of the sound :). and my choice of genres and songs are no fun to listen to when there's weak bass lol

does it sound muddy when the silver filters are used?? i've read that it sounded muddy with the silver (bassiest) filters. i prefer an iem with quality bass & clarity

Yes I have experienced the muddyness, but the gunmetal deliver more than plenty of bass! And I'm a basshead myself! I found the gunmetal to have a lot of bass and not bleeding in or surpressing the mids/highs. Trinity has a superb support as you can read in this topic and my own experience with their support is super as wel! You can order them and if they don't deliver you can send them back within 14days...

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #711 of 755

How coincidental, I also want to upgrade from my ZS3. They fit great and sound pleasant, but I'm not a big fan of their size and design, which is awesome for noise isolation but no so much for comfort and fitting time. I just want a pair for home listening throughout the day which is compact and easy to wear.

I'm looking forward to Vyrus v2's enhancement in clarity and detail over the ZS3, which I find lacking in those departments sometimes.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #712 of 755
In doubt for a Virus or a Delta..... reading the reviews maybe the Delta is what I was searching, ordered one!

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #713 of 755

Id say they come close but not quite bass head.  Maybe lookinto the Sony eb90ex.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #715 of 755
seal is very important

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #717 of 755
  @Darkestred i'm kinda aiming for the fun sounding v shape sound with just a tiny bit more bass lol. 

bass is least of your concern with Vyrus, its has quality bass and adjustable quantity( with the filters)...and if thats not enough you can always chnage to the foams tips.

Trinity Vyrus is good IEM, however its not best when comes to clarity..there are very slightly grainy.

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #718 of 755

bass is least of your concern with Vyrus, its has quality bass and adjustable quantity( with the filters)...and if thats not enough you can always chnage to the foams tips.

Trinity Vyrus is good IEM, however its not best when comes to clarity..there are very slightly grainy.

They are slightly grainy I agree...  The detail is quite good for the price, but there are times when the smoothness of a synth can be a little too forward with the detail....

But I don't know if that quality will stay in the new vyruses...  The new drivers could change things up and even a little could do the trick with that grainy quality, but I don't know for certain.

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #719 of 755

They are slightly grainy I agree...  The detail is quite good for the price, but there are times when the smoothness of a synth can be a little too forward with the detail....

But I don't know if that quality will stay in the new vyruses...  The new drivers could change things up and even a little could do the trick with that grainy quality, but I don't know for certain.

glad to see someone  agreeing with me..i do still enjoy Vyrus for bassy music, however im having more listening time with hifiman RE00 i recently purchased from massdrop..very clear and detailed.

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #720 of 755
I just pre-ordered the v2's - these will be my first IEMs outside of the standard "shipped with my cellphone" fare.  Are these going to sound OK without external amplification?  I'll be driving them straight out of my Sony Z5P.  

Full disclosure:  The only other headphones I own are a pair of K7XX's, so I'm going to less discerning than most of you guys....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back