TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 4, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #24,661 of 24,683
Thank you for your comments, everyone. I appreciate both sides contributing, but please don't argue.

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #24,662 of 24,683
I answered, I'm entitled to. Thank you.
It's a forum, not a direct message, so literally anyone who has an account, like me, has the ability to answer any question in any thread, like here. Or add a comment, like this. I think this gets forgotten sometimes, and I'm not referring to just one user, forum or website. I see this in other places as well. I wonder why.

I understand why people are upset with Trinity. I would be upset, too, were I in that situation.

I also understand why these people would be antagonistic toward IMR. It's difficult to trust again, and Bob's been the face of both Trinity and IMR.

Currently, the present day evidence is that IMR is not continuing in the same implosion as Trinity. Yes, there are shipping delays due to the pandemic. I just received shipping confirmation of the EDP and based on my experience with IMR to date, I expect it to arrive. I have not seen any complaints about IMR that weren't fueled by Trinity resentment. IMR has been acting in a trustworthy manner. Heck, there were some R1 Zenith that had a phase issue and Bob shipped out replacements at his own cost.

That's not to say that IMR is free from criticism. I just don't think the criticism you find in this thread on Trinity applies to IMR.

Jul 5, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #24,664 of 24,683
My totally wireless Powerbeats Pro blow my only pair of Trinity HP's I have, out of the water. Wireless technology combined with Apples H-1 Chip make cables seem unnecessary.

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #24,667 of 24,683
I think someone was talking about the Icarus III?

I remember also there was (would have been) a certain DAP with bluetooth, etc, Icarus II, if I remember it right (the name). Preliminary pics were published, as well was the product announced.
Preorders and payments for it were taken...

Guess whether the actual product has ever seen the light of the day?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #24,668 of 24,683
I had long forgotten the Icarus iii I ordered ..

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #24,670 of 24,683
I remember also there was (would have been) a certain DAP with bluetooth, etc, Icarus II, if I remember it right (the name). Preliminary pics were published, as well was the product announced.

Nope. This was one of their last-gasp attempts to raise cash to fund previous orders they couldn't fulfill. I ordered an Icarus I (I think it was a bluetooth receiver for the Icarus III). They were offering it for 10GBP.
I like the sound of my Icarus III, but the shape of the IEM is pretty bad. It is very boxy and doesn't stay in position well.

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #24,671 of 24,683

Icarus 2! There it is! And look, there's Elvis riding Shergar!

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #24,672 of 24,683

I used to tease them occasionally by offering to buy a prototype/sample from them.
They never fell for it.

Aug 11, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #24,673 of 24,683
After three + years of having two pairs of these pieces of sh1t sitting at the bottom of my office drawers, I have finally thrown them out

most expensive Kickstarter screw up for me ever

Aug 12, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #24,674 of 24,683
Oh, everyone getting testy out here eh Joe! Guess I was one of the lucky ones as I never had an issue with either company (Mind you I did not get caught mid order when I saw the wings falling of the plane)! Love all my TA and IMR products too :beerchug: Not too mention I've yet to have failure with any of them:thinking: Tough when things fall apart between designer and financial backers but happens more often than one thinks and sux but life goes on.

Bob “T” Party.JPG

Aug 12, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #24,675 of 24,683
All those IEM's and you only have two ears...:beerchug:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back