TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 13, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #24,466 of 24,683
Very big truth in what u say. I have done one after TA, which is the Wooting Keyboard and it was my last, until now, at least. It's an amazing keyboard and i have several mechanics but i am glad i decided to try this one.

Now for another "KS situation":

I bought a wallet in KS that was funded maybe 2 y or something. It started to fall apart 3 months ago, i tried to contact the seller, got no answer. Searching for something similar i went to Amazon and i found the same EXACT wallet (brand and everything) for a lower price than the one i payed as a 1st tier backer, go figure...

One of the issues with crowdfunding is when they decide to outsource design/manufacturing to china. That's when delays hit and those delays are just enough time for the product to be copied, mass produced and sold off on channels like aliexpress.

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #24,467 of 24,683
Very big truth in what u say. I have done one after TA, which is the Wooting Keyboard and it was my last, until now, at least. It's an amazing keyboard and i have several mechanics but i am glad i decided to try this one.

Now for another "KS situation":

I bought a wallet in KS that was funded maybe 2 y or something. It started to fall apart 3 months ago, i tried to contact the seller, got no answer. Searching for something similar i went to Amazon and i found the same EXACT wallet (brand and everything) for a lower price than the one i payed as a 1st tier backer, go figure...

One of the issues with crowdfunding is when they decide to outsource design/manufacturing to china. That's when delays hit and those delays are just enough time for the product to be copied, mass produced and sold off on channels like aliexpress.

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #24,468 of 24,683
Being able to sell the same product for less than a crowd funding campaign is possible. The company has now been in business for 2 years. They probably are buying/producing in larger quantities thus they can pass the savings on to customers.

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #24,469 of 24,683
I would agree with you if they were selling in many places and had many customers (judging by their feedback). Also the website is on and it sells everything else except those wallets (even other models that were not KS). Sounds fishy but what the hell i bought 2 through amazon to keep a spare.

Jul 16, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #24,470 of 24,683
Wow... very interesting for me to read as I have both the DC1 and the Master. You meant Trinity Audio Master, correct? Not the Phantom Master.

I am using KZ medium Starlines with both... good fit for me and no problems with the sound.
After trying the KZ Starline tips on the DC1 I changed to JVC Spiral Dots. These sounded great but the fit wasn't quite so good. Now I'm using Spinfits, large with a red bore. They're perfect!

Jul 16, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #24,471 of 24,683
Never again!!! There are insults and there are hurtful insults. :)

Thumbs up @Midgetguy.

I wonder if anyone, after this, has been a backer (at KS or not) of headphones/earphones.

I backed the Swiss Audio, but the creator of that honourably cancelled the program before it closed when he realised couldn't make them work as promised

So now i have the Beoplay E8 and am very happy

Jul 22, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #24,472 of 24,683
Not too many English reviews but good reviews for the most part. Said to be better than Yamaha EPH-100 and Sony XBA-N3AP. I think it is above things like the CH9T and B400. Big housing and the stock MMCX cable is okay but can be upgraded though not totally necessary as they were deemed better than the others mentioned with the stock cable. Not as easy to drive to volume, IME. ~For example 10 more notches of volume than B400 needed. More toward neutral bass sound with slight warm and good, natural treble with piezo. Can get more bass punch with more power. Good transparency and realism that can be enhanced with cables. Also seemed to improve with tips. I found the LL Sony hybrids best for me. An excellent $50 purchase($38 + $12 standard shipping from Japan) that I placed above the B400 and others on the scale of being less earphone sounding and more real.

Matches my Sony A45 quite well...
I found the Elecom IEMs for a good price on eBay so I have ordered them. Your comparisons were very helpful. I'm looking forward to hearing them and comparing them to the Artiste DC1

Jul 22, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #24,473 of 24,683
Jul 23, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #24,474 of 24,683
They look very interesting. Very similar driver configuration to the DC1. Excellent accessories too.

Jul 29, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #24,475 of 24,683
Elecom CB1000 in the house! After a day's burn in they sound superb. Compared to the DC1 they have much more resolution. Treble is full of detail. Layering is excellent. Bass is not as prominent but goes deep enough, in fact maintains its level well into the sub-bass but there is no boost. Mids are very clean and open, natural and airy. The fit with the supplied medium tips is very good and I have not felt the need to try my Spiral Dots or Spinfits. I really like the sound of the piezo HF driver. MMCX cable seems of good quality but I might try my 5N OCC/OFC cable on them. These look like being my favourite IEMs so far.

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #24,476 of 24,683
Elecom CB1000 in the house! After a day's burn in they sound superb. Compared to the DC1 they have much more resolution. Treble is full of detail. Layering is excellent. Bass is not as prominent but goes deep enough, in fact maintains its level well into the sub-bass but there is no boost. Mids are very clean and open, natural and airy. The fit with the supplied medium tips is very good and I have not felt the need to try my Spiral Dots or Spinfits. I really like the sound of the piezo HF driver. MMCX cable seems of good quality but I might try my 5N OCC/OFC cable on them. These look like being my favourite IEMs so far.

Finally I got my DC1 a couple of days back.These are absolute steal in its price range.I got mine for $42 from AliExpress. I like these more than my Phantom master.
Thank you Nimeth for providing us the review of DC1.
Just wondering if you can throw more on Elecom CB 1000 Vs DC1 whenever you have some time. I'm interested in trying Elecom too.
By the way, if you don't mind, can you please share the ebay link from you got your Elecom.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #24,477 of 24,683
Finally I got my DC1 a couple of days back.These are absolute steal in its price range.I got mine for $42 from AliExpress. I like these more than my Phantom master.
Thank you Nimeth for providing us the review of DC1.
Just wondering if you can throw more on Elecom CB 1000 Vs DC1 whenever you have some time. I'm interested in trying Elecom too.
By the way, if you don't mind, can you please share the ebay link from you got your Elecom.

I agree with you about the DC1 vs Master, I prefer the DC1 as well. I will write a short comparison of DC1 vs Elecom when I have time, I have only just got the Elecom and want to try some more of my favourite tracks. If you go to eBay and type in "Elecom EHP CB1000" you get three results. Mine was the cheapest of the three sent from Japan. I don't know how to send a link! I hope this helps.

Jul 31, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #24,478 of 24,683

Nice impression. Agree, esp. about liking the piezo's sound. Cable is good but there is more to be had there as far as clarity and transparency and even some air/space. $$ well spent for me.

Aug 2, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #24,479 of 24,683
Nice impression. Agree, esp. about liking the piezo's sound. Cable is good but there is more to be had there as far as clarity and transparency and even some air/space. $$ well spent for me.

I have tried two different MMCX cables now, firstly the cable which came with my Whizzer A15 pro, which is a 6N OFC/OCC and another 5N OFC/OCC. The Whizzer cable added more clarity and detail but was a little too cold sounding. The 5N cable was much better, giving more space and transparency, just as you say. The soundstage also widened and became deeper, and harmonic accuracy improved, making the timbre of instruments more natural. I have two more cables to try! I have now ordered the Revonext QT2 (2DD + 1BA) so it will be interesting to see how they compare to the Elecom and DC1. I will post some impressions on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back