TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 21, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #21,364 of 24,683
well.... I was hopeful after Trinity mentioned that 72 Hunters were left to be shipped, with those being sent out over the next 21 days (from end of July). It's that time and no hunters. :frowning2:

At this point, I kinda wished I went with something like the lz big dipper instead of picking up numerous TA offerings. oh well...

On a separate note, I can't believe there aren't more people sharing their Hunter experiences. Apparently 900+ were shipped. I'm guessing, what, there are 5 or 6 in this forum with their Hunters in hand?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #21,365 of 24,683
well.... I was hopeful after Trinity mentioned that 72 Hunters were left to be shipped, with those being sent out over the next 21 days (from end of July). It's that time and no hunters. :frowning2:

At this point, I kinda wished I went with something like the lz big dipper instead of picking up numerous TA offerings. oh well...

On a separate note, I can't believe there aren't more people sharing their Hunter experiences. Apparently 900+ were shipped. I'm guessing, what, there are 5 or 6 in this forum with their Hunters in hand?

Do yourself a favor and get a refund... You'll thank us later. :wink:

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #21,366 of 24,683

Well I know of 4 Hunters for sure: me, @harpo1, @Jackpot77, and @Remiam7. And then I imagine there's probably at least a few others in the positive thread, but yes, if that number is accurate, then a majority of Hunters apparently weren't sold to active members of the Head-Fi community.

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #21,367 of 24,683
dang, I came back to this thread after a long while. I assume not much has changed since July besides Icarus III shipping?

Came back hoping you all would get your stuff and read impressions!

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #21,368 of 24,683
Just got my Icarus III, initial impressions are very good. Very enjoyable. I like it more than ma750 that I gave away. Build quality is excellent and has lots of accessories. I will need to play around with different nozzles to see which I like best. Voices are very clear on Adel's "someone like you". I can feel the bass on Alan Walker, so bass quantity is there. So far the only negative is not very coherent. But to be expected as I've been using Periodic Be. In my opinion, price wise, this iem is about $150-200 range.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #21,372 of 24,683
Wow!!!icarus is a pretty fun iem, I like it. Its just makes you smile on an upbeat song. Makes you want to tap your feet and bob your head. It's also more comfortable than it looks. Its such a shame in the current state of TA. If they have had a better business model, they could have a lot of faithful fans instead of disgruntled customers. However I have not received a bad product yet so I will have one eye open for their products announcement. I waited 9 months, it's not what I called normal.

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #21,373 of 24,683
I've been going through all of my TA gear and getting the filters dialed in (master, icarus 3, Vyrus V2, and Vyrus). Does anyone have any suggestions for filters for the Vyrus and Vyrus V2? I've tried to search the threads but it's like the dead sea with all the salt in here :wink:. I've got the gunmetal in right now
p

Pulled this from a Vyrus V1 thread right now. Using stock tips for right now. I'm trying to decide between Gun Metal, Gold and Purple. All undamped. What's gonna make it worse is I'm using my Opus #1 instead of Fiio M3 which is what I use at the gym.

Aug 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #21,374 of 24,683
IMG_2823.JPG
Does anyone who has original vyrus know if it came with a wide bore medium silicone(clear)tip? It's the perfect tip for Sony mar 7550 and I'd like to get more of them.
Is this the kind of tips you are looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back