TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 20, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #21,301 of 24,683
Aug 20, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #21,302 of 24,683
I'm still looking for a DAP for my hunter (yet coming), is it a good deal?
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/opus-1-mqs-portable-player

Yes, I'd say so. If you don't need streaming services the #1 is fantastic player. Its UI is very fast and stable, sleep mode makes taking it into usage after a break a thrill an it also conserve the battery in a excellent way. Although I haven't heard it with the Hunter it sounds great with every single on of my IEMs and headphones (and I've got q pretty big collection). Its also very solid in build quality. With the MD price it's a great value for money IMO.

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #21,303 of 24,683
Yes it is. Many have mentioned about its ability to compete with daps that are closer to the $1k range.

Yes, I'd say so. If you don't need streaming services the #1 is fantastic player. Its UI is very fast and stable, sleep mode makes taking it into usage after a break a thrill an it also conserve the battery in a excellent way. Although I haven't heard it with the Hunter it sounds great with every single on of my IEMs and headphones (and I've got q pretty big collection). Its also very solid in build quality. With the MD price it's a great value for money IMO.
Thanks for your opinions, I will consider it (*edited) seriously.
How about the +$140 option? What would be the "new op amp"? The metal shell and case not that useful to me..

Aug 20, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #21,304 of 24,683
Has anyone been in contact with Bob's replacement Dan? Does he exist? Will he be on Head-Fi?

Based on the latest TA comments on KS, it still feels that nothing has changed. Interested to hear from Dan, what his plans are to restore TA's to its former glory, if that is possible.

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #21,305 of 24,683
Has anyone been in contact with Bob's replacement Dan? Does he exist? Will he be on Head-Fi?

Based on the latest TA comments on KS, it still feels that nothing has changed. Interested to hear from Dan, what his plans are to restore TA's to its former glory, if that is possible.

He is on head-fi, as far as im aware this is him :- https://www.head-fi.org/members/dnun8086.331008/

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #21,306 of 24,683
Interested to hear from Dan, what his plans are to restore TA's to its former glory
He did appear, albeit briefly, on the "Introducing Trinity" thread. Made a few comments, you can read them, but he failed to elaborate on his industry experience when asked by Podster and others, and also posited that Bob might do freelance work for Trinity in the future - which looks very unlikely in view of Bob's recent comments re his departure from Trinity. Bob also said that Trinity may be moving from their current address, whatever that means.

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #21,307 of 24,683
No. Its whether or not you want a metal chassis.

The differences are very minor. I bought ABS plastic a while back and think its great. I bought metal one from musictek.

Even though opus says new opamps have been tuned to have sound improvement.

I think tonality changes are very minor. Its more that are you a big fan of opus and want to collect metal opus?

There is also some emi protection I guess over plastic.

They are both great! ...metal if you want premium feel or abs if you want a lighter product, and it's realy strong and would feel pretty confident if dropped.
not just cheap plastic as jaeyoon will probably confirm too.
I have always had metal daps and as I said before on this thread I find the weight genuinely refreshing in pocket coming from my x7.
But eithers a great buy ...and the price of the abs is an absolute steal.

Edit. If buying make sure that it comes with case....rarer than phantom hunter.
Thanks for your opinions, I will consider it (*edited) seriously.
How about the +$140 option? What would be the "new op amp"? The metal shell and case not that useful to me..
Probably the above quoted posts might be helpful.
I had asked the same question on another thread and it seems that abs one is really great value for money.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #21,308 of 24,683
Aug 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #21,309 of 24,683

@dnun8086 has been very responsive to PM with some repair issues. Any positive change in communication is greatly appreciated.

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #21,310 of 24,683
I've been going through all of my TA gear and getting the filters dialed in (master, icarus 3, Vyrus V2, and Vyrus). Does anyone have any suggestions for filters for the Vyrus and Vyrus V2? I've tried to search the threads but it's like the dead sea with all the salt in here :wink:. I've got the gunmetal in right now

Aug 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #21,314 of 24,683
I've been going through all of my TA gear and getting the filters dialed in (master, icarus 3, Vyrus V2, and Vyrus). Does anyone have any suggestions for filters for the Vyrus and Vyrus V2? I've tried to search the threads but it's like the dead sea with all the salt in here :wink:. I've got the gunmetal in right now
What sound signature are you looking for? I'm using my Vyrus 2's for a fun highly v-shaped sound sig so I have the red filters on mine.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #21,315 of 24,683
I second, I will be having a pair of Vyrus coming in this week from a fellow member

Users who are viewing this thread

Back