TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 2, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #20,753 of 24,683
Been watching from the sidelines again I cancelled my trinity mail subscription for obvious reasons, so not seen the offer on the icarus lll but however tempting I just can't trust them to deliver so i wont be ordering, also I'm not realy a bass head
Curious on the icarus debate though are they so much different to the master?

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #20,754 of 24,683
All I know is I prefer them to the master, in part because they are smaller but I find it has a better bass response whilst remaining very clear. May be the gunmetal filters I'm using but I don't want to change them now

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #20,755 of 24,683
All I know is I prefer them to the master, in part because they are smaller but I find it has a better bass response whilst remaining very clear. May be the gunmetal filters I'm using but I don't want to change them now

Oldude04 said the fits better, which for me is one of the master drawbacks if only slight ...seems a mixed response at the moment but mostly positive.

Aug 2, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #20,756 of 24,683

Exactly what I'm hearing as well. I'm satiated. Hard to say in this hobby, lol.

Aug 2, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #20,757 of 24,683
That isn't the case for me with the Icarus III. The bass is insane, deep and clean with a nice punchy attack. The bass is far and away better than the PM4 and Master IMO. I could maybe agree that with the Silver filter there is a tad bit too much bass, (As a basshead, I can't believe I'm saying that, lol), but even then it is never muddy.
I think we all interpret the sound differently in our brains. The sound quality is very subjective therefore we need a reference point. I have certain sound tracks that I use to test my headphones and I was comparing the Icarus III with my other bassier headphones, such as the IE80 and JVC FX-750. Perhaps muddy was not the best way to describe the bass of the Icarus III. The bass on the IE80 feels more controlled compared to the Icarus III. The Icarus III can produce near the same amount of bass as the FX-750. I also agree that the bass on PM4 is very good but the bass on Icarus III feels much boomier.

Don't get me wrong that the Icarus III is still very easy to listen to and they will satisfy most if not all bassheads. I don't feel they are bassy until the bass part of the soundtracks starting to play.

EDIT - I switched to JVC Spiral Dots tips and the bass on the Icarus III feels more controlled now. There is still more bass compared to the IE80.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #20,759 of 24,683
If it makes anyone feel less worried - I placed an order for the Icarus III last night using the parting gift code and got a tracking number this morning. It's just preshipment info, but I have never had an order from TA take longer than a day to start shipping once tracking was received.

That's good to know for everyone usually that means prompt delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back