TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 31, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #20,628 of 24,683
Your memory is absolutely correct and the pattern seems to be a bit disconcerting. I checked out of this thread some time ago when I got out of the Trinity debacle once I finally got my Masters and feel bad some of the same folks are still circling the landing field. As far as the new guys credentials I'm going to say wait and see as I know of dozens whose online resume is no where near up to date, including my own.

Yeah i am also guilty of that, i havent updated my linkdin for like 6 years so...

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #20,632 of 24,683
Can we finally close this thread, like Brooko tried to do earlier with a beautiful post about why it was closed only to have it reopen less than 24 hours later? Trinity is such a tease for the community and it's time to move on. Keep the other Trinity threads about actual headphones that actually exist, but it makes no sense to keep this sponsored one. The company isn't even active on the forum anymore, and the only person who was is no longer with the company. It's detracting from all of the other wonderful brands who work their behinds off---the iBassos and RHAs of head-fi---to get to know the community. The reality, as we all know, is the Trinity of old is long gone, and our complaints on head-fi are falling on deaf ears (or no ears at all). Let's move our efforts elsewhere, and reward someone else for the good work they do.

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #20,634 of 24,683
Can we finally close this thread, like Brooko tried to do earlier with a beautiful post about why it was closed only to have it reopen less than 24 hours later? Trinity is such a tease for the community and it's time to move on. Keep the other Trinity threads about actual headphones that actually exist, but it makes no sense to keep this sponsored one. The company isn't even active on the forum anymore, and the only person who was is no longer with the company. It's detracting from all of the other wonderful brands who work their behinds off---the iBassos and RHAs of head-fi---to get to know the community. The reality, as we all know, is the Trinity of old is long gone, and our complaints on head-fi are falling on deaf ears (or no ears at all). Let's move our efforts elsewhere, and reward someone else for the good work they do.

Hard to reward anyone else when trinity is holding my money for anything else. However I do agree closing the thread.

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #20,636 of 24,683
All the company drama aside, my last IEM from Trinity came in today, the Icarus III, and all I can say is good Lord! The sub bass from the silver filters is all kinds of insane. I'm a devout basshead, loving the low end since way back when I was into loud car audio, but the silver filter is too much for even me to enjoy all the time. They will be my guilty pleasure on occasion, but I now need to find my every day filter. I've only tried a few, but I am getting what Bob meant when he said the Icarus line is more emotional. It's a fun and musical IEM where you forget you're testing it and you just end enjoying the hell out of your music. Damn, I hope Bob ends up somewhere else in this business, with an established company with a proven infrastructure. I'll be watching for that.

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #20,639 of 24,683
All the company drama aside, my last IEM from Trinity came in today, the Icarus III, and all I can say is good Lord! The sub bass from the silver filters is all kinds of insane. I'm a devout basshead, loving the low end since way back when I was into loud car audio, but the silver filter is too much for even me to enjoy all the time. They will be my guilty pleasure on occasion, but I now need to find my every day filter. I've only tried a few, but I am getting what Bob meant when he said the Icarus line is more emotional. It's a fun and musical IEM where you forget you're testing it and you just end enjoying the hell out of your music. Damn, I hope Bob ends up somewhere else in this business, with an established company with a proven infrastructure. I'll be watching for that.

Another thought for those wondering about fit and size. The smaller Icarus 3 fit my ear way better than the Master and seems to have better insertion. It is the first Trinity IEM I can use the stock silicon ear tips with and get a great seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back