TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 21, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #15,287 of 24,683
No spinfits, I spoke with Bob and he said they were out of stock but he would send some when they received more.

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #15,289 of 24,683
No spinfits, I spoke with Bob and he said they were out of stock but he would send some when they received more.

Understood, but they are still featured on the PM6 and Hunter pages, removed from Vyrus, Icarus and Master. Just wonder going forward if, along with the removal of the balanced cable, these are things that you only going to get if you ask?

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #15,292 of 24,683
Regarding spinfits being out of stock. Just want to remind everyone to check their shipping package. When they were in stock they would often be outside of the Trinity box in the packaging. That being said, I'd happily trade spinfits for the kombis people seem to be receiving in their place.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #15,295 of 24,683
Hunter has the titanium Dynamic Driver, has an "acoustic chamber" with the titanium alloy and has a premium cable.

PM6 has a standard dual coil dynamic driver, standard cable and zinc alloy shell.

Actually, the Hunter also uses the dual-coil dynamic driver, which the PM6 got 2 of when it went through its revision. The breakdown goes like this:
- Hunter has a single dual-coil dynamic driver, 2 dual-BAs (so 4 BAs), an acoustic vectoring chamber (exclusive to the Hunter), premium cables (like 2 or 3?), and a titanium shell (it's not just the finish, the shell is actually made of titanium)
- PM6 has 2 dual-coil dynamic drivers, 2 dual-BAs (so 4 BAs), no acoustic vectoring chamber, a premium cable (I think?), and a zinc-alloy shell (the site description is wrong about this, it says stainless steel, which Bob said they tested and found to be too heavy)

I've got my Vyrus V2 in hand now, delivered today. Fantastically built and incredibly well-presented packaging. To perhaps make at least some people jealous, mine came with Spinfits
tongue.gif
. I did a quick run-through of the filters and here's my brief (and probably somewhat wrong) summary:
- black, green, blue, gold (both varieties): fairly similar with slight variations in bass and treble presentation, each offsetting to create a different mid feel as well. I lumped these together because they sounded similar enough where I wouldn't care which was which. They do definitely each have their own sound though so don't confuse my explanation as saying they're all the same; they are not. They're mostly v-shaped with a good balance of detail and not overdoing the v-shape.
- orange, gunmetal, purple (both varieties): treble-oriented and neutral filters. Orange was actually the most treble-oriented one and had the least bass presence, gunmetal filters right behind it. I'd call the gunmetal the neutral one. Of these, the purple damped was the most enjoyable for me. Still treble-emphasized, I'd say, compared to all the others, but with a slight elevation in bass compared to neutral.
- red, silver (both varieties): these are what I call the "fun" filters. Enhanced bass and exactly what I was planning on using the Vyrus for. The silvers both have a tad bit more bass than the red, but the main difference is in how the treble and mids react. The silver damped sounds like it has smoothed and tone-down mids and treble compared to the silver undamped. The red is quite lively but it's quite good in that regard. I have a tough time choosing between the silver undamped and the red filter. I may stick with the red more often than not as it feels to me like it has a slightly better control on bass and its liveliness brings out a little bit more detail than either of the silver filters.

I hope the above might help some people move in the direction they're looking for. All testing was done straight out of my iPod Touch 5g and using the stock silicone tips. As should always be noted, all of my above impressions come with the tag of YMMV
biggrin.gif

Conclusion: will likely go with the reds for most of my Vyrus listening. I'm liking these filters a good amount. They may end up being what I use for the Air as well since the Air is supposed to pretty much be this. These are very good for the money especially if you use some of those more neutral or only slightly v-shaped filters. And to think I spent only a slight bit over $30. Impressive indeed.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #15,296 of 24,683
Does that mean if ever I got ones with kombi tips, I can ask for my spinfits?

Oh yes.....as long as they are in the description whats included,very much,you are entitled to ask trinity(even any mfr for that matter). kombifits may be addtional bonus bob included asa token of appreciation for us waiting this long for just a gift to all to appreciate customers doing a business with trnitty.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #15,297 of 24,683
So, I got a good deal on the phantom hunters, so I didn't have to pay much more than the PM6 on trinity's website. But what I want to know is what technically makes the earphones I got, the phantom hunters, better than the PM6. When I look at the website, it appears that they have the same amount of balanced armature drivers. There's only very brief technical details, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what it is supposed to mean, or if it really can tell me anything. 

What I am basically basing my faith on, is 1: that trinity is the best audio company I know. Their trinity atlas earphone is sublime
2: They say themselves that this is the best they can do. 

So the phantom hunter has the same amount of drivers as the campfire audio earphone in the same price range (the Jupiter is 100 dollars more, but the lyra ii is around the same price). But then so does the PM6. I assume the amount of drivers only makes a partial difference, and I know that the armature drivers break up the sound into individual frequencies for every driver. What I don't know is where the other portion of that difference lies, and for what scientific reason in these earphones.

That said, I must admit that I am stoked with anticipation for the phantom hunters to arrive. I seized the opportunity to order one months after they went out of stock, from the audio sanctuary website. I talked with jake to confirm that I would indeed be getting them even when I ordered them from audio sanctuary, and he confirmed it. The heat treated titanium looks so beautiful.

Also. It is curious that there is no mention of the bass response on the phantom hunter's information. I am curious to know about this as well.

If you go to the no complaining thread set up by Hi-Fier page 33 and 34 he gave me some excellent info on the hunter chambers and drivers as i couldnt find much spec on the hunter. .there are a few posts from others in the know too, once again thanks for that info guys.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #15,298 of 24,683
Actually, the Hunter also uses the dual-coil dynamic driver, which the PM6 got 2 of when it went through its revision. The breakdown goes like this:
- Hunter has a single dual-coil dynamic driver, 2 dual-BAs (so 4 BAs), an acoustic vectoring chamber (exclusive to the Hunter), premium cables (like 2 or 3?), and a titanium shell (it's not just the finish, the shell is actually made of titanium)
- PM6 has 2 dual-coil dynamic drivers, 2 dual-BAs (so 4 BAs), no acoustic vectoring chamber, a premium cable (I think?), and a zinc-alloy shell (the site description is wrong about this, it says stainless steel, which Bob said they tested and found to be too heavy)

I've got my Vyrus V2 in hand now, delivered today. Fantastically built and incredibly well-presented packaging. To perhaps make at least some people jealous, mine came with Spinfits :p . I did a quick run-through of the filters and here's my brief (and probably somewhat wrong) summary:
- black, green, blue, gold (both varieties): fairly similar with slight variations in bass and treble presentation, each offsetting to create a different mid feel as well. I lumped these together because they sounded similar enough where I wouldn't care which was which. They do definitely each have their own sound though so don't confuse my explanation as saying they're all the same; they are not. They're mostly v-shaped with a good balance of detail and not overdoing the v-shape.
- orange, gunmetal, purple (both varieties): treble-oriented and neutral filters. Orange was actually the most treble-oriented one and had the least bass presence, gunmetal filters right behind it. I'd call the gunmetal the neutral one. Of these, the purple damped was the most enjoyable for me. Still treble-emphasized, I'd say, compared to all the others, but with a slight elevation in bass compared to neutral.
- red, silver (both varieties): these are what I call the "fun" filters. Enhanced bass and exactly what I was planning on using the Vyrus for. The silvers both have a tad bit more bass than the red, but the main difference is in how the treble and mids react. The silver damped sounds like it has smoothed and tone-down mids and treble compared to the silver undamped. The red is quite lively but it's quite good in that regard. I have a tough time choosing between the silver undamped and the red filter. I may stick with the red more often than not as it feels to me like it has a slightly better control on bass and its liveliness brings out a little bit more detail than either of the silver filters.

I hope the above might help some people move in the direction they're looking for. All testing was done straight out of my iPod Touch 5g and using the stock silicone tips. As should always be noted, all of my above impressions come with the tag of YMMV :D

Conclusion: will likely go with the reds for most of my Vyrus listening. I'm liking these filters a good amount. They may end up being what I use for the Air as well since the Air is supposed to pretty much be this. These are very good for the money especially if you use some of those more neutral or only slightly v-shaped filters. And to think I spent only a slight bit over $30. Impressive indeed.

Didnt I tell you,you will like the sound?....yes the filters are no confusion,they sound differently for sure like you highlighted!!!

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #15,300 of 24,683
Last contact about the atlas was on Tuesday the 11. and was told by the end of the week. Haven't bothered emailing after since the reply would make no difference. Nobody seems to have received them yet. Seems like maybe none were sent in the "easter batch" :/ so the wait continues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back