TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 4, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #13,381 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity, in short regarding sound signature, what is the difference between the Master and the Icarus III?

Cant decide which to buy

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #13,382 of 24,683
Triple bore have no performance/sound gain and our way was far more cost effective.

Stainless proved to be way to heavy when tested and you wouldn't have thanked us for it, zinc alloy is a nice compromise between the two.

Since you changed the material of PM6 from Aluminum to stainless steel to zinc alloy it must have had some influence to the sound.

All of those materials have different physical properties like elasticity, stiffness, resonance frequency and so on.

How did you deal with that?

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #13,383 of 24,683
@bobtrinity, regarding sound signature, what is the difference between the Master and the Icarus III?

Best way i can describe is that the master is technical yet clinical. It does everything right in a cold precise way. Many love that. However the Icarus III is quite different. Sound stage is much bigger and staging/placement is excellent and the sound is more emotional. Filters are the same but change the sound signature in a different way due to the different driver set up and you go from an absolute bass animal too​ very neutral/natural.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #13,385 of 24,683
Since you changed the material of PM6 from Aluminum to stainless steel to zinc alloy it must have had some influence to the sound.

All of those materials have different physical properties like elasticity, stiffness, resonance frequency and so on.

How did you deal with that?

In this size these things make little to no difference.

But lots of testing is all that is needed and the fr is no different between materials

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #13,389 of 24,683
I have done my sholder in, only way I get pain to ease off is lying down flat, hope I get them before I a better. Would be nice way to get through the bordom testing my hunters :)

Either way its encouraging to hear news.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #13,390 of 24,683
Can't wait for my hunters to reach! I took the heat treated ones, if its anything like the video they are going to be absolutely gorgeous.

cool.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #13,391 of 24,683
Best way i can describe is that the master is technical yet clinical. It does everything right in a cold precise way. Many love that. However the Icarus III is quite different. Sound stage is much bigger and staging/placement is excellent and the sound is more emotional. Filters are the same but change the sound signature in a different way due to the different driver set up and you go from an absolute bass animal too​ very neutral/natural.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but Master was supposed to be an improved version of PM4 which had a slightly V signature, wasn't it. In comparison, PM6/Hunter were more technical and precise. So, does that mean, the sound signatures of Master, PM6 and Hunter are similar? Also, sorry if this has been answered before, whats the difference between Icarus III vs IV? Is the sound signature the same, emotional with wide soundstage?

Thanks.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #13,392 of 24,683
Sorry if this sounds confusing, but Master was supposed to be an improved version of PM4 which had a slightly V signature, wasn't it. In comparison, PM6/Hunter were more technical and precise. So, does that mean, the sound signatures of Master, PM6 and Hunter are similar? Also, sorry if this has been answered before, whats the difference between Icarus III vs IV? Is the sound signature the same, emotional with wide soundstage?

Thanks.

The question i was answering was comparing master Vs Icarus III. Master 6 and hunter are far more analytical than master.

Icarus IV is still in development so won't comment until done.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #13,393 of 24,683
I'm very worried that those wide bore filters won't fit in my GF's ears (she's getting some Airs). I suppose there isn't much to do about it if they don't. Everyone is made differently, we just have to work with what we're given. I'll pick her up some etymotic or Klipsch if they don't fit. Not sure anything wireless right now will do the trick.

Anyway, really excited for the IV. I'm very tempted to get the III but my next IEM will be TOTL and if I can get them under $250 I'd be set. So afraid that the sale on the Icarus III will end and there will be something about the Icarus IV not to my preference. But I suppose that's how these things work.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #13,394 of 24,683
I'm very worried that those wide bore filters won't fit in my GF's ears (she's getting some Airs). I suppose there isn't much to do about it if they don't. Everyone is made differently, we just have to work with what we're given. I'll pick her up some etymotic or Klipsch if they don't fit. Not sure anything wireless right now will do the trick.

Anyway, really excited for the IV. I'm very tempted to get the III but my next IEM will be TOTL and if I can get them under $250 I'd be set. So afraid that the sale on the Icarus III will end and there will be something about the Icarus IV not to my preference. But I suppose that's how these things work.

The Airs don't have the wide bore filters :)

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #13,395 of 24,683
The question i was answering was comparing master Vs Icarus III. Master 6 and hunter are far more analytical than master.

Icarus IV is still in development so won't comment until done.

Thanks,
I will stop by Trinity at CanJam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back