TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 22, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #10,336 of 24,683
Well, finally the PM4 are with me. After a week with them i can confirm my expectations about the sound which, for me, surpasses clearly the Delta's output in all aspects, especially on the coherence and the size of the stage. Well done @Bobtrinity.

However, the customer experience has not been the best, as i received them in mid december, the same day as the vyrus and hyperions that i bought on the black friday (my pm4 were preordered in October). That, as i had to begin a long trip until mid january, left me without the iems i was expecting to bring with me. Understanding the possibility of the delay with all the chaos of the release, i'd have liked to find a better communication, as the delay wasn't caused because of mail service but the own brand, which shipped it, as it was stated on the package, the 28th November, not the 15th that it was supposed to.

Besides, i share the problems stated here by many: both braided cables fail (2 of 3!), silver undampened filters also. I'll have to write Jake to find a solution, but all the problems narrated leave me a bitter taste. These are the 7th trinity product i buy, the second ones for my personal use, and the only one i have right now (i decapitated my left Delta the other day, and considering  that they're built like tanks you can imagine how brutal and dramatic was the accident). It has been the first "not good" experience and i'll continue recommending the brand (as i did just yesterday), but i think´that for the future it would be positive some deliberation about the problems generated by all this constantly delayed process, maybe finished without the patience needed (as 3 months later we have a substitution model, undoubtedly well discounted for Trinity's clients, but... why should i buy 2 products if originally only wanted one, a well finished one?) and probably relationed with the tons of nerves exhibited by the customers on the forum... a situation possibly avoidable just not announcing so soon the product and it's campaign, i think.

Anyway it's just a suggestion from one point of view, I hope this is understood in a constructive sense, not for criticizing, because i find a pity that a good product itself ends reporting a bittersweet experience because of the final details.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #10,337 of 24,683
Well, finally the PM4 are with me. After a week with them i can confirm my expectations about the sound which, for me, surpasses clearly the Delta's output in all aspects, especially on the coherence and the size of the stage. Well done @Bobtrinity

However, the customer experience has not been the best, as i received them in mid december, the same day as the vyrus and hyperions that i bought on the black friday (my pm4 were preordered in October). That, as i had to begin a long trip until mid january, left me without the iems i was expecting to bring with me. Understanding the possibility of the delay with all the chaos of the release, i'd have liked to find a better communication, as the delay wasn't caused because of mail service but the own brand, which shipped it, as it was stated on the package, the 28th November, not the 15th that it was supposed to.

Besides, i share the problems stated here by many: both braided cables fail (2 of 3!), silver undampened filters also. I'll have to write Jake to find a solution, but all the problems narrated leave me a bitter taste. These are the 7th trinity product i buy, the second ones for my personal use, and the only one i have right now (i decapitated my left Delta the other day, and considering  that they're built like tanks you can imagine how brutal and dramatic was the accident). It has been the first "not good" experience and i'll continue recommending the brand (as i did just yesterday), but i think´that for the future it would be positive some deliberation about the problems generated by all this constantly delayed process, maybe finished without the patience needed (as 3 months later we have a substitution model, undoubtedly well discounted for Trinity's clients, but... why should i buy 2 products if originally only wanted one, a well finished one?) and probably relationed with the tons of nerves exhibited by the customers on the forum... a situation possibly avoidable just not announcing so soon the product and it's campaign, i think.

Anyway it's just a suggestion from one point of view, I hope this is understood in a constructive sense, not for criticizing, because i find a pity that a good product itself ends reporting a bittersweet experience because of the final details.

How can bbbob fix issues when it wasn't sold to customers? He isn't making them for himself he makes them for customers. For himself he probably doesn't need these improvements rubber gaskets, detachable cables, etc etc. Those developers that make it seem that they didn't make products customers wanted and just made what they wanted to have, is ******** like dieter rams maker of braun brand products. When you make products for other people you need to pay attention to what clients don't like and improve get rid. I don't mind the defects. I've expressed them now bob makes another product hopefully with **** fixed. Duno even like dampener filters I pun on r2s is worth it haha

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #10,338 of 24,683
Has anyone received any e-mail updates since pre-ordering the PM6 from the web-shop? I think I haven't (other than some trinity audio news) and I'm wondering if everything went right with my pre-order.

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #10,341 of 24,683
My 2 cents on all the negative quality control comments....

I just browsed through nearly 20 pages of comments to get caught up on this thread.  Couple things to keep things in perspective:

1.  How many times have we purchased some electronics (laptop, keyboards, various accessories, camera equipment, etc.) and were unsatisfied, so we return them?  For me, this happens quite frequently and when it does, I just return the item with no regard as to how poorly a company has developed a product.

So, some of you have purchased the PM4 and find them lacking.  RETURN THEM AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK.  simple.

2.  On quality control.  How many times have you had something break just after the warranty expires?  Or how many of you have had something break during warranty?  I buy enough stuff regularly to expect this to happen once in a while.  To tell you the truth, I think electronics in general, over the last decade or so, are not manufactured as well in the past.  My logitech mouse battery compartment broke a couple weeks after purchase, my hifi re400's suffer from cable separation after a year (which was bizarre cause they sat mostly in a storage box and saw very little use).  SOMETHING BREAKS, GET IT FIXED ON WARRANTY.  simple.

To tell you the truth, I think much of the frustration is pent up from having to wait so long after pre-ordering the PM4s.  Understandable, but that's the nature of the beast -- you support a fledgling company, you should expect the slow delivery times.  And to be honest, I think most of the final delivery, though a tad delayed, wasn't that egregious.  

My strong opinion is this:  We purchase products from early stage companies to support their ongoing endeavors.  And with that support, we should be patient with snafu's here and there.  If they don't get addressed quickly and efficiently, then our support goes elsewhere.  Simple as that.  

Let me end with this, I had a problem with one of the purple filters on my pm4s.  I wrote Jake and he sent me replacement filters promptly.  And if the day comes where my cables fail, I'll either write him again or find a solution myself.  In the case of my re400's a drop of gorilla glue took care of those.

End of story

Jan 23, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #10,342 of 24,683

I just browsed through nearly 20 pages of comments to get caught up on this thread.  Couple things to keep things in perspective:

1.  How many times have we purchased some electronics (laptop, keyboards, various accessories, camera equipment, etc.) and were unsatisfied, so we return them?  For me, this happens quite frequently and when it does, I just return the item with no regard as to how poorly a company has developed a product.

So, some of you have purchased the PM4 and find them lacking.  RETURN THEM AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK.  simple.

2.  On quality control.  How many times have you had something break just after the warranty expires?  Or how many of you have had something break during warranty?  I buy enough stuff regularly to expect this to happen once in a while.  To tell you the truth, I think electronics in general, over the last decade or so, are not manufactured as well in the past.  My logitech mouse battery compartment broke a couple weeks after purchase, my hifi re400's suffer from cable separation after a year (which was bizarre cause they sat mostly in a storage box and saw very little use).  SOMETHING BREAKS, GET IT FIXED ON WARRANTY.  simple.

To tell you the truth, I think much of the frustration is pent up from having to wait so long after pre-ordering the PM4s.  Understandable, but that's the nature of the beast -- you support a fledgling company, you should expect the slow delivery times.  And to be honest, I think most of the final delivery, though a tad delayed, wasn't that egregious.  

My strong opinion is this:  We purchase products from early stage companies to support their ongoing endeavors.  And with that support, we should be patient with snafu's here and there.  If they don't get addressed quickly and efficiently, then our support goes elsewhere.  Simple as that.  

Let me end with this, I had a problem with one of the purple filters on my pm4s.  I wrote Jake and he sent me replacement filters promptly.  And if the day comes where my cables fail, I'll either write him again or find a solution myself.  In the case of my re400's a drop of gorilla glue took care of those.

End of story

Great post.  100% agree.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #10,344 of 24,683

End of story

Hope i don't start sounding like a broken record but..

I would return them but I haven't even received them yet in spite of preordering in June. 
frown.gif

Nothing to return = no refund.. 

Seeing that some people are only just getting theirs now gives me hope.. Mine were shipped on the last week of Nov.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #10,345 of 24,683
Hope i don't start sounding like a broken record but..

I would return them but I haven't even received them yet in spite of preordering in June. :frowning2:  

Nothing to return = no refund.. 

Seeing that some people are only just getting theirs now gives me hope.. Mine were shipped on the last week of Nov.

Waiting with you mate. Still waiting. It'll be funny if my PM6 arrived earlier than them. :joy:.....:sob:

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #10,348 of 24,683
I'll admit that the entire "no tracking information" thing gives me serious pause. Postal services aren't exactly the most sterling institutions. How long would one theoretically need to wait for an order before escalating the situation? What does Trinity do for the people who have had their order lost in the mail? This isn't a theoretical question, since given the volume of sales there needs to be several occurrences by now... 

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #10,349 of 24,683
Waiting with you mate. Still waiting. It'll be funny if my PM6 arrived earlier than them. :joy:.....:sob:

So funny that maybe we'll cry till the tears run dry..:sob:.....:joy:

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #10,350 of 24,683
  I'll admit that the entire "no tracking information" thing gives me serious pause. Postal services aren't exactly the most sterling institutions. How long would one theoretically need to wait for an order before escalating the situation? What does Trinity do for the people who have had their order lost in the mail? This isn't a theoretical question, since given the volume of sales there needs to be several occurrences by now... 

This exactly is the issue. There HAS to be tracking information for international shipping. It shouldn't be a choice for consumers since most of us are not aware of such issues and might go for standard shipping (untracked) to save money.  

@ocrynox I'm from India btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back