TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 3, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #4,591 of 24,683
Because the Vyrus is no longer on pre-order. The site wasn't updated yet but the Vyrus is already shipping thus the normal price. 

Okay thanks.  
beerchug.gif

What could possibly be keeping Bob so busy that he doesn't have time to update the website? 
confused.gif

biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #4,593 of 24,683
@TTGuy I have the idea the prices of the IEMS of Trinity Audio are gradually raised from a low pre-order price to final retail price level. Even though I didn't order that long ago, it seems to have shaved off an extra 10 pounds of the price compared to now. That's why I was saying: can't believe I did that! May regret not getting the Vyrus at such a great price, but don't have the cash for much gear atm. I read some stuff Bob wrote on being excited about his new hybrid push/pull configurations that just made me too curious.. And with the reduced pre-order price plus headfi member code, I still feel like I can justify buying it to myself :D ! It's a lot of money for me, and I'll definitely catch flak for it from the misses if she finds out ha ha 
etysmile.gif
 ..! But I'm a mission for that next level sound, gots to have it.. I'm happy for my wallet that my current gear level is beginner (doing it right though with the VE Monks though (classic) ) . Do you guys think a Cowon Plenue D DAP would drive a PM4 alright btw?

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #4,594 of 24,683
  @TTGuy I have the idea the prices of the IEMS of Trinity Audio are gradually raised from a low pre-order price to final retail price level. Even though I didn't order that long ago, it seems to have shaved off an extra 10 pounds of the price compared to now. That's why I was saying: can't believe I did that! May regret not getting the Vyrus at such a great price, but don't have the cash for much gear atm. I read some stuff Bob wrote on being excited about his new hybrid push/pull configurations that just made me too curious.. And with the reduced pre-order price plus headfi member code, I still feel like I can justify buying it to myself :D ! It's a lot of money for me, and I'll definitely catch flak for it from the misses if she finds out ha ha 
etysmile.gif
 ..! But I'm a mission for that next level sound, gots to have it.. I'm happy for my wallet that my current gear level is beginner (doing it right though with the VE Monks though (classic) ) . Do you guys think a Cowon Plenue D DAP would drive a PM4 alright btw?

The Cowon will do 28mW into 32Ω load at 0.1% THD+N according to the chipset; but together with the amp specs it will do:

SNR 123dB
THD+N 0.004% (24bit, 48kHz)
Stereo Crosstalk -105dB
Output 1Vrms
Output Impedance 0.5Ω
Volume 100 levels

It does have enough power to push anything from Trinity currently offers.

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #4,595 of 24,683
etysmile.gif

I hear you man!  I have the Atlas for home and walking around and the Delta V2 that I listen to all day in the office.  Really love the base Trinity sound signature with the ability to fine tune it with filters.  Waiting for the Master 4 which will be my end-game IEM.  Master 6 and Hunter are just too big a stretch, at least for now.  Plus I mostly listen to lossy streaming music on an iPhone 6 and there's limits to what even the best IEMs can do with so-so source material.

Good luck finding that next level.  If you continue to hang around Head-Fi, there's a good chance you'll find it; you just have to be prepared to give up other luxuries (and maybe food) for a while.
atsmile.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #4,596 of 24,683
Thnx for that!

I used to be a *very* satisfied Cowon owner (Iaudio 4 DAP LONG time ago) and I have been looking for another Cowon DAP to get ever since, PD sounds like the one. If it could handle the PM4, those together could be the best (and most expensive) gift I bought myself in a long ass time :) . Feel a bit stupid / sad for cancelling the Vyrus preorder as I bet it will be great value for money & sound, just couldn't afford both. Looking forward to the first Vyrus reviews & experiences though !

Aug 4, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #4,598 of 24,683
Aug 4, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #4,600 of 24,683
Great write up yesterday! Well done sir!

Now you used the voucher does that mean i don't get a smack in the chops next weekend now? :D

No need to thank me for the write up, young sir, the pleasure was all mine. They are a seriously impressive piece of kit, so just calling it like I heard it. My M4 purchase is pretty much based on how much the Sabre impressed me on first listen - will you have working versions of the M6 and Hunter there next weekend as well? My wallet just needs a final push and I can go full Pokemon and grab the M6 to go with the Hunter I've got on preorder and complete the set!

And I was only jesting about the crack in the chops - if you guys could just get my Vyrus (and possibly even the lanyard) out of the door and into my greasy mitts before next weekend, you might even get a hug! :wink:

Keep up the good work - pretty sure I speak for most of us on the forums here when I say it's very much appreciated.

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #4,601 of 24,683
On a related note, I can offer some impressions of the Phantom Sabre (finally - been trying to write these up for the last two weeks!)....

http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-audio-engineering-phantom-sabre/reviews/16558

What a tremendous review.  Absolutely Fabulous.
The part about Slash and Myles Kennedy with the Helium-Influenced vocals made me, literally, laugh out loud.
I can see why you said it took you quite a while.  Great job!

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #4,602 of 24,683
No need to thank me for the write up, young sir, the pleasure was all mine. They are a seriously impressive piece of kit, so just calling it like I heard it. My M4 purchase is pretty much based on how much the Sabre impressed me on first listen - will you have working versions of the M6 and Hunter there next weekend as well? My wallet just needs a final push and I can go full Pokemon and grab the M6 to go with the Hunter I've got on preorder and complete the set!

And I was only jesting about the crack in the chops - if you guys could just get my Vyrus (and possibly even the lanyard) out of the door and into my greasy mitts before next weekend, you might even get a hug! :wink:

Keep up the good work - pretty sure I speak for most of us on the forums here when I say it's very much appreciated.

Well I'm glad your enjoying them.

The Master 6 and hunter will be present at can jam and hope to show off the 4 and Air too.

Vyrus will be with you any day and the Lanyard not a million miles behind.

Look forward to meeting you there and everyone else who is attending!

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #4,603 of 24,683
Well I'm glad your enjoying them.

The Master 6 and hunter will be present at can jam and hope to show off the 4 and Air too.

Vyrus will be with you any day and the Lanyard not a million miles behind.

Look forward to meeting you there and everyone else who is attending!

I also look forward to meet you there @Bobtrinity on saturday, i'll finally be able to listen to the PM6 i've preordered.
I'm eager to find out if listening to the Hunter can bleed my wallet some more....
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #4,604 of 24,683
I also look forward to meet you there @Bobtrinity
 on saturday, i'll finally be able to listen to the PM6 i've preordered.
I'm eager to find out if listening to the Hunter can bleed my wallet some more....:wink:

You do know your not allowed to leave our table unless you buy something :D

Seriously though it's going to be great to meet people we speak to hear often.

There will be some freebies on our table, nothing amazing but some free stuff all the same :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back