TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 3, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #272 of 24,683
Less
smily_headphones1.gif

That said, will it be lower than MSRP+Discount?
blink.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #273 of 24,683
Any clues, @bobtrinity?

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #281 of 24,683

Kickstarting in march, shipping around july/august is the last prediction I've seen

Is this really confirmed? Will the Phantom Masters be shipped July/August?

And where can I get some more info about the significance of push pull driver design and its merits? 

So will this have twin titanium diaphragm dynamic drivers with 2 dual balanced armatures per ear? I looked at the OP and couldn't understand it clearly. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #282 of 24,683

So will this have twin titanium diaphragm dynamic drivers with 2 dual balanced armatures per ear? I looked at the OP and couldn't understand it clearly. 

Why not wait for KS campaign by end Mar, by then Bob could give us better estimate.

Refer first para on Master, it is mentioned twin DD + two dual BA.

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #283 of 24,683

And where can I get some more info about the significance of push pull driver design and its merits? 

If everything is still on track, Bob's looking to get the Kickstarter going for the Phantom series this month with roughly August being the ship date.
The Phantom Master will be the one with 2 titanium diaphragm dynamic drivers in push-pull configuration along with 4 BAs. So each ear will have a total of 6 drivers.
It takes someone much smarter than me to explain push-pull and I'm sure Bob will put explanations of such things when the Kickstarter happens.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #284 of 24,683
This is for speakers, but sort of covers what I understand about push-pull

Two drivers share an acoustic volume of air within a single enclosure.  The best way to take advantage of this alignment is to mount one driver facing outwards with the other driver inverted and facing inwards.  The drivers are then wired so that they are electrically out of phase while remaining mechanically still in phase with one another.

Odd ordered harmonics are cancelled out by using this approach according to Vance Dickason.  According to M&K who specialize is push/pull subwoofers claim that this approach cancels out even ordered harmonics.  So take your pick.

Either way, harmonic distortion is reduced in that any anomalies or variations in the two driver's spider, cone or suspension characteristics are canceled out by the other driver's inversely proportional anomalies and variations.  The sound is said to be as accurate and pure as it can possibly be with each driver "correcting" the other driver.

Optional designs include having the two drivers share the same acoustic volume of air while maintaining the more traditional look of having both drivers fire forward into the listening environment.   Though this does not have the same harmonic cancellation effect, all other characteristics between the two alignments is identical.  

Everything I've read suggests the biggest gain is lower distortion and a cleaner sound.

But Bob should be able to explain it a little better.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #285 of 24,683
i wonder how it fares against the dn-2002 which utilises 2 dd 2 ba too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back