TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 25, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #24,211 of 24,683
Maybe it's a tape.
This user posts another image of silver PM6.

DdnAndRVMAEgmhC.jpg:large

They description of the PM6 stated "2 x 7mm Titanium diaphragm drivers + 2 dual balanced armatures (6 drivers per earpiece)."

Seems they are a rip-off.

Anyone got a site link? I don't see any links or pics in the posts by @jdac41, just "

Trinity, IMR or whatever the next company will be it’s all Chi-Fi items designed and manufactured in China. Simple as that, they buy and sell.

I’m not surprised about the number of drivers. Don’t believe a word they say.

I'm on no way defending them but I've just opened up my red ones and they have two BAs in the middle section, not opened my black ones as they are still sealed in their box.

Pm6 early edition internals 2

Attachments

• 15272569549985702292084500456643.jpg
    15272569549985702292084500456643.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #24,214 of 24,683
Curiosity got the better of me, opened up my black ones, they were a more recent batch.

Only two dynamics inside, well... Looks like I'm sending them another pre-action letter regarding legal proceedings.

So, it seems they stuffed two drivers for what's left of the orders just to get them out the door. And I am guessing, including the ones I got.

Oh well. I'm pretty much done supporting these small "fly-by-night" outfits. If I'm going to pay and wait for hacked together DIY experiments, I can do that myself.

May 25, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #24,215 of 24,683
Thanks, not sure why it wasn't doing things right in the earlier post. Anyway, a couple things:
- yeah, the blue is actually just tape, you can see the rest of the internal shell is silver
- the space in between the two dynamic drivers look like it should house the two dual-BAs, but clearly in the other pic, you can see the two dynamic drivers wired in and still nothing in those slots
- there was a change in spec for the X series, but I thought they still had BAs involved, though perhaps fewer of them

Can't find any archived pages about the X series. Clearly they ended up with just 2 dynamic drivers per shell and they had supply issues with the BAs.

And on that note, @sososerious, since you cracked open the black ones anyway, can you hear a difference in sound between your black and red pairs? Since we now confirmed that you've got two sets with different driver configs.

May 25, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #24,216 of 24,683
Thanks, not sure why it wasn't doing things right in the earlier post. Anyway, a couple things:
- yeah, the blue is actually just tape, you can see the rest of the internal shell is silver
- the space in between the two dynamic drivers look like it should house the two dual-BAs, but clearly in the other pic, you can see the two dynamic drivers wired in and still nothing in those slots
- there was a change in spec for the X series, but I thought they still had BAs involved, though perhaps fewer of them

Can't find any archived pages about the X series. Clearly they ended up with just 2 dynamic drivers per shell and they had supply issues with the BAs.

And on that note, @sososerious, since you cracked open the black ones anyway, can you hear a difference in sound between your black and red pairs? Since we now confirmed that you've got two sets with different driver configs.

Will try and remember to do some comparisons in a few days, if I did it now it would be full of bias. Funny thing is, sending me the later set (with 4 of the 6 drivers missing) was to prevent me taking them to small claims, I now know where this needs to go as I'm pretty disgusted at their behaviour.

One last chance for a full refund and then it's MCO, not sure anyone can argue the evidence now.

May 25, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #24,217 of 24,683
Will try and remember to do some comparisons in a few days, if I did it now it would be full of bias. Funny thing is, sending me the later set (with 4 of the 6 drivers missing) was to prevent me taking them to small claims, I now know where this needs to go as I'm pretty disgusted at their behaviour.

One last chance for a full refund and then it's MCO, not sure anyone can argue the evidence now.
Ideally, if you could do it, maybe set aside time like next week or a couple weeks from now and have a friend hand you each set of IEMs while you're blindfolded. They can tell you what piece of music will be playing (if you're going by a track by track basis) and play/pause/rewind as necessary and whether IEM 1/2 sounded better through the whole experience.

May 26, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #24,219 of 24,683
Every time you think this Greek tragedy of a thread can't get any more shocking, it digs up something else. Looks like the last batch of PM6s are just the old Sabre setup with a more ergonomic shell.

Come to think of it, think the dual push/pull setup was supposed to be one of their new X series models, so wonder if they are just rehashing any components they had left over that were slated for that model?

Will be interested to know what the A/B comparison ends up sounding like.

May 26, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #24,220 of 24,683
Curiosity got the better of me, opened up my black ones, they were a more recent batch.

Only two dynamics inside, well... Looks like I'm sending them another pre-action letter regarding legal proceedings.

PM6 final batch internals

So, it seems they stuffed two drivers for what's left of the orders just to get them out the door. And I am guessing, including the ones I got.

Oh well. I'm pretty much done supporting these small "fly-by-night" outfits. If I'm going to pay and wait for hacked together DIY experiments, I can do that myself.

I have just read these posts and I just can't believe it! It is truly shocking and astounding, these guys seriously need to be investigated by trading standards uk.

May 26, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #24,221 of 24,683
I have just read these posts and I just can't believe it! It is truly shocking and astounding, these guys seriously need to be investigated by trading standards uk.

Sadly, while I am disgusted, I'm far from shocked. I'm sure that the decision to throw 2 DD into the PM6 shells was not the only asinine and shady thing done to attempt to bail themselves out of trouble. I can only shake my head and be glad I'm not on the Trinity-go-round anymore.

May 26, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #24,224 of 24,683
Not too sure what the end game is here. The Company isn’t going to rise from the ashes. Maybe under another name, but they’ll be chased by former customers.

Their website has been down for months, so they’re not selling anymore products, so no cash flow from customers. Why haven’t they shut up shop? Why continue on this bizarre long, painful path? They had such a great opportunity to develop this business, but they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Oh well, life moves on. A lesson learnt, not to be repeated.

May 26, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #24,225 of 24,683
Ideally, if you could do it, maybe set aside time like next week or a couple weeks from now and have a friend hand you each set of IEMs while you're blindfolded. They can tell you what piece of music will be playing (if you're going by a track by track basis) and play/pause/rewind as necessary and whether IEM 1/2 sounded better through the whole experience.

I'm struggling to get the both of the early batch pm6 (red with all 6 drivers) working long enough to do any meaningful comparison, they sent me the black (later batch with only 2 drivers) as a replacement for my red ones due to connection issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back