TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 23, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #24,197 of 24,683
Just looked at both and it does appear that I he Headphone could be slightly smaller.

Last month when I asked about my Phantom Air, I also asked about shipping the Icarus I&II. No reply on the later.
I thought the Headphone was supposed to be a bit smaller because of the ease of doing the button controls rather than the more complex touch controls of the Dash. Could very well be what's making the Headphone more comfortable for you than the Dash because I think that in terms of contours and shell shape, they're supposed to be using pretty much the same thing right? A consolidated average of some thousands of custom shells to make a universal-like custom shell?

May 23, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #24,198 of 24,683
I thought the Headphone was supposed to be a bit smaller because of the ease of doing the button controls rather than the more complex touch controls of the Dash. Could very well be what's making the Headphone more comfortable for you than the Dash because I think that in terms of contours and shell shape, they're supposed to be using pretty much the same thing right? A consolidated average of some thousands of custom shells to make a universal-like custom shell?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Never really put much thought into a difference in size. Just knew my Dash fit a little different. I’ve been more than happy using any of my Bragi bt earbuds . Looking forward to the next firmware update. Have heard from a beta tester that they will incorporate a way to compensate for varying degrees of tinnitus, among other improvements. Too bad the Air can’t be updated, if even for slight sound improvements.

May 23, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #24,199 of 24,683
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Never really put much thought into a difference in size. Just knew my Dash fit a little different. I’ve been more than happy using any of my Bragi bt earbuds . Looking forward to the next firmware update. Have heard from a beta tester that they will incorporate a way to compensate for varying degrees of tinnitus, among other improvements. Too bad the Air can’t be updated, if even for slight sound improvements.
Oh, interesting! Yeah, I've been very happy with my Headphone as well. Aside from the sound fidelity (which isn't all that bad), it's basically the ideal truly wireless IEM: fits very well, super user friendly control scheme and wide range of functions, and basically zero connection problems.

May 23, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #24,200 of 24,683
They added a notch on the IEM and a matching cutout on the cable. To use third party cables I believe you'll either need to file down the notch or modify the cable. Haven't tried it myself though.

Yep. Based on the photos of regular 2-pin connectors, the PM6 has a non-standard implementation.

I ordered the entry level Plussound cable (EXO Series). Now, I gotta think which DIY mod to do: the cable or the IEM.

Will report back once I receive the cable.

Thanks!

May 23, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #24,201 of 24,683
Yep. Based on the photos of regular 2-pin connectors, the PM6 has a non-standard implementation.

I ordered the entry level Plussound cable (EXO Series). Now, I gotta think which DIY mod to do: the cable or the IEM.

Will report back once I receive the cable.

Thanks!

If the PM6 has the same connection as the Phantom Hunter, and I’m pretty sure it does, then your Plussound cable will work. I joined the drop on Massdrop for the Plussound BT cable and it fits fine.

May 23, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #24,202 of 24,683
If the PM6 has the same connection as the Phantom Hunter, and I’m pretty sure it does, then your Plussound cable will work. I joined the drop on Massdrop for the Plussound BT cable and it fits fine.

Oh. Cool. That's good to know.

Many thanks!

May 24, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #24,203 of 24,683
I found unbelievable image about PM6 on Twitter.
This image shows us PM6 has only 2 DD.
Anybody try to open PM6?
I got terrible headache...

Dd2bMuVVMAEbJBB.jpg

May 24, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #24,204 of 24,683
Wait, is the colour of the shell actually Blue or is it the tape?..

May 24, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #24,210 of 24,683
Trinity, IMR or whatever the next company will be it’s all Chi-Fi items designed and manufactured in China. Simple as that, they buy and sell.

I’m not surprised about the number of drivers. Don’t believe a word they say.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back