TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 22, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #24,181 of 24,683
Well, got my PM6 yesterday. Don't plan on selling. Will try to fine-tune the sound with the filters.

Will use them mostly with a L&P L3.

May 22, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #24,182 of 24,683
Well, got my PM6 yesterday. Don't plan on selling. Will try to fine-tune the sound with the filters.

Will use them mostly with a L&P L3.

Let us know what combo you end up with and how you like it:beerchug:

May 22, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #24,184 of 24,683
Received my Phantom Air (Stormtrooper) Saturday. Not having any issues with dropouts or connection. But can’t find any answer as to what the button on the inside of charging case is for.
I wish I got mine in stormtrooper like you did (and what I had ordered), but I just took whatever I could get my hands on. And I had connection issues so I've opened them up like @Karendar to replace the copper tape inside. Haven't sealed them back up yet though. I'm convinced that button inside that case will respond to some amount of clicking and when it eventually does, it blinks the light inside to indicate how much battery's still left in the case. Tried pressing, pressing multiple times, and pressing and holding?

May 22, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #24,185 of 24,683
I wish I got mine in stormtrooper like you did (and what I had ordered), but I just took whatever I could get my hands on. And I had connection issues so I've opened them up like @Karendar to replace the copper tape inside. Haven't sealed them back up yet though. I'm convinced that button inside that case will respond to some amount of clicking and when it eventually does, it blinks the light inside to indicate how much battery's still left in the case. Tried pressing, pressing multiple times, and pressing and holding?

Thank You for the answer to what that button does. Now I may not be afraid to push it and hope nothing goes wrong. Used my Earin M-2 everyday for the previous week until my Air was delivered. Have had zero problems in the last 3+ days now. Kinda of shocked to tell the truth. But I do realize that those with issues will most likely comment the most. I have to wonder if over time, and with use, that any problems will just work themselves out. Or just wishful thinking on my part. Very happy to have chosen the Stormtrooper since black on black was not available. All my other 7 completely wireless earbuds are of a dark color, so the white is refreshing. Interesting that the Air took anywhere from 6-15 months less time to be delivered than any of my other KS completely wireless earbuds. Totally satisfied so far.

May 22, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #24,186 of 24,683
Have heard about all the problems with the Airs. Haven't heard much about their sound quality. Some that pledged for these already had wireless IEMs, but were unhappy with sound quality. Are the Air some of the better sounding wireless IEMs?

May 22, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #24,187 of 24,683
Have heard about all the problems with the Airs. Haven't heard much about their sound quality. Some that pledged for these already had wireless IEMs, but were unhappy with sound quality. Are the Air some of the better sounding wireless IEMs?

Have only had a few days of listening with my Air’s, but if I had to rate them now among all the other’s I have, it would probably go like this: Dash Pro by Starkey>Phantom Air>Bragi the Headphone>Earin M-2-KS Dash>IQ Buds>Earin M-1>Sudio Niva>Apple AirPods. Quess I have more than I thought (9). One thing to note is I have had very few issues with any of these though. But the Air’s are still very new, so time will tell

The Air’s do sound about the same as the TA Vyrus.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #24,188 of 24,683
Can someone confirm that the IEM connector type used for the PM6 is a universal 2-pin. That is what it looks like to me.

Thinking of getting a 2.5mm balanced cable to use with a couple of sources.

May 22, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #24,189 of 24,683
Thank You for the answer to what that button does. Now I may not be afraid to push it and hope nothing goes wrong. Used my Earin M-2 everyday for the previous week until my Air was delivered. Have had zero problems in the last 3+ days now. Kinda of shocked to tell the truth. But I do realize that those with issues will most likely comment the most. I have to wonder if over time, and with use, that any problems will just work themselves out. Or just wishful thinking on my part. Very happy to have chosen the Stormtrooper since black on black was not available. All my other 7 completely wireless earbuds are of a dark color, so the white is refreshing. Interesting that the Air took anywhere from 6-15 months less time to be delivered than any of my other KS completely wireless earbuds. Totally satisfied so far.
I ordered stormtrooper, but eventually, I just jumped on a set they said they had color in stock because it felt like I was never gonna get anything if I waited longer. Now I have gold and white, but I'm absolutely certain I would've been happier with stormtrooper because I 100% know it looks better.

Have only had a few days of listening with my Air’s, but if I had to rate them now among all the other’s I have, it would probably go like this: Dash Pro by Starkey>Phantom Air>Bragi the Headphone>Earin M-2-KS Dash>IQ Buds>Earin M-1>Sudio Niva>Apple AirPods. Quess I have more than I thought (9). One thing to note is I have had very few issues with any of these though. But the Air’s are still very new, so time will tell

The Air’s do sound about the same as the TA Vyrus.
In between the cutouts, I think there's a large gulf in sound quality between the Airs and the Bragi Headphone. My current set of truly wireless IEMs is the Bragi Headphone and while it does actually sound decent considering its truly wireless capability, the Airs are easily the better sounding product. Jury's still out on connection because I haven't gotten around to putting it back together yet. But one thing the Bragi Headphone definitely has over the Airs is the controls; robust, easy-to-use, and has volume up/down, play/pause, and skip forward/backward, along with a VERY good transparency function and 5-6 hours of battery life.

May 22, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #24,190 of 24,683
I ordered stormtrooper, but eventually, I just jumped on a set they said they had color in stock because it felt like I was never gonna get anything if I waited longer. Now I have gold and white, but I'm absolutely certain I would've been happier with stormtrooper because I 100% know it looks better.

In between the cutouts, I think there's a large gulf in sound quality between the Airs and the Bragi Headphone. My current set of truly wireless IEMs is the Bragi Headphone and while it does actually sound decent considering its truly wireless capability, the Airs are easily the better sounding product. Jury's still out on connection because I haven't gotten around to putting it back together yet. But one thing the Bragi Headphone definitely has over the Airs is the controls; robust, easy-to-use, and has volume up/down, play/pause, and skip forward/backward, along with a VERY good transparency function and 5-6 hours of battery life.

I can understand your reasoning between the Headphone and Air. Actually use my Bragi the Headphone more than my Dash because of sound quality.

May 23, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #24,193 of 24,683
I really liked the hunters, and I went for the icarus 1 and 2. This deceit really hurts me.
FireShot Capture 005 -.png

May 23, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #24,194 of 24,683
Can someone confirm that the IEM connector type used for the PM6 is a universal 2-pin. That is what it looks like to me.

Thinking of getting a 2.5mm balanced cable to use with a couple of sources.
They added a notch on the IEM and a matching cutout on the cable. To use third party cables I believe you'll either need to file down the notch or modify the cable. Haven't tried it myself though.

May 23, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #24,195 of 24,683
For me it is as I seem to get a better fit with the Headphone than my Dash for some reason. But my Dash by Starkey sounds much better than both due to a custom fit.
Is the Dash maybe in a larger shell?

I really liked the hunters, and I went for the icarus 1 and 2. This deceit really hurts me.
On a scale of 0 to None, what's your percentage of confidence in Kieran's claim? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back