1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*

1. boblauer
    I backed out of this thread a while ago simply because I've given up on ever getting the Airs from KS and frankly could care less at this point. I did post on the MD drop under my business ID as I've only bought there as that and frankly got skewered by a couple zealot's. I'm not trying to derail MD or anyone buying the R1 just wanted people to know the history behind the person and what had transpired. So much for good intent next time I'll mind by own business and let the chips fall where they may. The one thing that really has crossed my mind several times, people in the know at MD are active or were here, why choose to do business with a company that you know had some interesting past lives, seems foolish on MD's part but money is what makes the world go round.
    FWIW I agree with OldDude04, a $550 price point is competing with some really good products especially when one factors the storied past into it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. Remiam7

Last week I sent an e-mail to Kieran asking about my Phantom Air (Stormtrooper) and 2-pin BT cable status. He just needed my address for shipping those out. Also asked about the Icarus I dac and Icarus II dap status. No answer on those yet, but I will be asking on a regular basis until I get an acceptable answer.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    sejsel likes this.
  3. HungryPanda
    I have sent Kieran 2 emails over the last 2 weeks and have received no answer

4. sejsel
    Very constructive approach, and the right one, even if I have lost any hope of both Icarus I and II being delivered to anyone, but I am open for any possible positive development.
    About whole IMR R1 vs. Trinity business, let's just say that there is a lot regarding the whole ordeal that many members here, and specially folks (customers) involved at Massdrop simply do not know.
    To all of them, including the Massdrop staff, I wish sincerely very best of luck in their endeavour.

HungryPanda and Remiam7 like this.
  5. Midgetguy
    Dammit, when I asked him about mine 3 weeks ago (also storm trooper), he said they only had orange/white or gold/white, so I picked one just wanting to get something. I picked gold/white and it finally got shipped to me, but I have no doubt that storm trooper looks way better.

6. Remiam7

It does appear that Trinity is attempting to ship out the P6 and Air, but very minimally. Tells me that there not quite out of business yet. It’s been several month’s since I contacted Kieran, but when I noticed backers commenting on KS about receiving rewards, figured I give it a try. Some backers seem to be receiving working Airs and others not so much. Very odd to me. But I really want my Air so I can attempt to fix any issues, if posible.

Since recieving my R1 several months ago, I have not even thought of listening to any of the other 15 IEM’s I own. The R1 sound satisfies anything I’ve wanted in an IEM. As far as the soap opera over on Massdrop, I see a serious problem. In that until all backers from KS/IGG and preorders from the Trinity site are delivered there items, it will be a huge uphill battle for IMR to succeed.

7. Remiam7

I as told that the Stormtrooper was in stock. Since it will be anywhere from 7-21 business days before mine are delivered, I won’t know what I recieve. If not correct I will at least be happy to get something. And just modify the color myself somehow. I did ask for a tracking number and have not received one, so perhaps I was fed nothing but BS.

8. Karendar
    The airs are shipping to some and are legit, I'm a prime example. They are also fixable with copper tape for the dropouts.

9. Walderstorn
    For me its simple, if he wants to sell me a b-stock for real cheap I will consider the offer but since I am happy with the PM6 it would have to be a real good offer to consider it. He hasn't made 1 iem, over than the PM4, that I didn't like.

10. Karendar
    PM6 is not in the same league as the R1's... Sadly.

11. bk123
    PM6 is not bad at all for its pre-order price. One needs to do some tweaks with its filters to get best out of it. And of course, the right selection of ear tips make a huge difference too. I'm not a believer of burn-in time. But, somehow I found that these earphones shine after some hour of play. I'm able to tweak its green, gunmetal and Blue filters and now it sounds great on my Astell & Kern Jr.
    Though these are drive-able without amp. But, these shine more with more juice.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Karendar likes this.
  12. Karendar
    I would play around with it more, but my goal is to offload this as quickly as possible with the least lost money... Already getting people lowballing me on offers. This thing set me back 220£ and I have them at $200 USD...

13. sejsel
    You have been at the thread long enough to have learned something... Do the Trinity on them...

14. Karendar
    ... Give a massive rebate, say it's a preorder, steal people's money and dissapear?? Guaranteed™? :p Not following your thoughts.

15. sejsel
    In other words, you haven't learned anything... while at it, after disappearance, announce them om Massdrop...

xoxiax, grs8 and majo123 like this.