TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 28, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #22,951 of 24,683
Someone should sacrifice themselves and order one :wink:

Or someone who has a hunter should buy a hunter x, crack both open and see if it's just the same IEM rebranded. :p

Call me cynical (it happens, after being on so many TA threads) - one scenario is this:

- Trinity get into financial trouble due to issues during machining the Titanium shells for the Hunter (as per their original "come clean" email) and the ongoing Air debacle
- They finally get someone to manufacture and deliver a decent sized batch of shell components
- they are still in trouble with their cash flow
- they rebrand the two models they do now have parts for as "X" versions and start selling them from stock to raise some quick cash
- they can try and shift some more units before clearing their backlog (if they ever do), as the "original" models can still be designated as awaiting delivery/whatever, and the X models can be considered separate products
- they have a lot of left over units from all the refunds, if the manufacturer has finally delivered (repeat from point 3 above)

May be a little far fetched, but considering that they admitted the manufacture of such a complex internal shell structure in Titanium for the Hunter was proving beyond the ability of most manufacturers to do in a profitable manner, going down the same path again seems even more unbelievable than most things I've read here recently.

Just a wild stab in the dark with no actual grounds for proof, so take the above with a pinch of salt - just where my mind went when I saw they were being described as "in stock".

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #22,952 of 24,683
Has anyone actually seen their recent blog post?

Active discount code
Nov 26, 2017

Code: 40percent
Active
  • 40% off entire order
  • Active from today

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #22,954 of 24,683
Interesting...

Capture+_2017-11-28-20-52-46.png

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #22,958 of 24,683
Call me cynical (it happens, after being on so many TA threads) - one scenario is this:

- Trinity get into financial trouble due to issues during machining the Titanium shells for the Hunter (as per their original "come clean" email) and the ongoing Air debacle
- They finally get someone to manufacture and deliver a decent sized batch of shell components
- they rebrand the two models they do now have parts for as "X" versions and start selling them from stock to raise some quick cash
- they can try and shift some more units before clearing their backlog (if they ever do), as the "original" models can still be designated as awaiting delivery/whatever, and the X models can be considered separate products
- they have a lot of left over units from all the refunds, if the manufacturer has finally delivered (repeat from point 3 above)

May be a little far fetched, but considering that they admitted the manufacture of such a complex internal shell structure in Titanium for the Hunter was proving beyond the ability of most manufacturers to do in a profitable manner, going down the same path again seems even more unbelievable than most things I've read here recently.

Just a wild stab in the dark with no actual grounds for proof, so take the above with a pinch of salt - just where my mind went when I saw they were being described as "in stock".

Sounds about right on the ball with my own appraisal of the situation.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #22,959 of 24,683
I’m curious to know who is Kieran’s boss and who is the person in charge.
The whole thing doesn’t make sense.
They operate like money launderers when you really don’t know anymore who is the owner and the names of the people in charge.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #22,960 of 24,683

Very plausible and frankly legal if they keep enough of a distinction. Not moral but. Anyhow I'm waiting on my airs and mot expecting to receive them ever due to KS rules, sucks but I knew that going in but never thought TAE would be like others. Lesson learned.

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #22,961 of 24,683
Kieran got back to me, he claimed the remaining PM6's (supposedly the website pre-orders) will be shipped this week and next and he'll supposedly be shipping out a Hunter X to me instead of the original Hunter per my request.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #22,962 of 24,683
Kieran got back to me, he claimed the remaining PM6's (supposedly the website pre-orders) will be shipped this week and next and he'll supposedly be shipping out a Hunter X to me instead of the original Hunter per my request.

I won’t count on it if I were you.
He keeps saying the same thing over and over. Same pattern, same response.
Also, even if you get your IEMs and need to make a warranty claim down the road, is Trinity going to be around and honour the warranty?
I would go for a refund if it was me, just my .02 cents based on the last 9 months and my own experience.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #22,964 of 24,683
The thing is... getting a refund is as tough as getting the hardware... I've been waiting for my refund since early september and I keep getting the same response over and over again...
. Have you gone the PayPal or credit card route?? PayPal is fairly structured, but they didn’t query my claim.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #22,965 of 24,683
I did not pay with PayPal so it's not an option and I don't have a specific coverage from my CC company unfortunately. I still need to call them but reading the coverage I couldn't see anything I could use so it's the waiting game for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back