TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 3, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #19,171 of 24,683
What difference are you getting? What was the original issue you guys were having again?

I had two problems with my original Hunter. First was the connection on the right earbud was very loose no matter what cable I used. Second was that with every song there was lots of distortion and the higher frequecies were piercing to where they became unlistenable and useless.

My new Hunters have none of the above and the clarity is incredible.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #19,172 of 24,683
I had two problems with my original Hunter. First was the connection on the right earbud was very loose no matter what cable I used. Second was that with every song there was lots of distortion and the higher frequecies were piercing to where they become unlistenable and useless.

My new Hunters have none of the above and the clarity is incredible.
Yeah, you sounded like you had a really bad one. Bad connection and sounded like total crap. Good that it's been resolved.

Jul 3, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #19,173 of 24,683
Yeah, you sounded like you had a really bad one. Bad connection and sounded like total crap. Good that it's been resolved.

Really happy with them now. So much that I preordered the Icarus II to use when out and about rather than one of my Pono Players. Need to see more photos of it though as I liked the original design.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #19,174 of 24,683
got the email today stating some stuff is shipping... lol

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #19,176 of 24,683
I've been searching like crazy and am too scared to pull on the cable, but can anyone tell me if the Phantom Masters (new ones, not the phantom master 4's) have a removable cable? It doesn't look like they do, I just wanted to clarify.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #19,177 of 24,683
I've been searching like crazy and am too scared to pull on the cable, but can anyone tell me if the Phantom Masters (new ones, not the phantom master 4's) have a removable cable? It doesn't look like they do, I just wanted to clarify.

It should be removable at the Y-splitter. The cable entry to the shell of the earpieces is now non-removable.

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #19,178 of 24,683
It should be removable at the Y-splitter. The cable entry to the shell of the earpieces is now non-removable.

Yea mine is removable at the y splitter, but I was referring to the entry to the shells. Kinda sucks, o well. Great iems otherwise, thanks for the answer.

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #19,180 of 24,683
I thought so too. But the first preorder the final price was 120 and this code makes it 149 which is roughly the difference between the hyperion and the v2 right now. So I guess it evens out? idk

For me i think I prefer the earlier deal because I am not looking for an entry level (I have the virus, I mean Vyrus).

But I could not place the order because they suddenly did not ship to my country..(did order several before without issues). But now after traveling for a couple for weeks it seems I can place the order again.:sweat:

So it's quite confusing what is going on here...

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #19,181 of 24,683
Really happy with them now. So much that I preordered the Icarus II to use when out and about rather than one of my Pono Players. Need to see more photos of it though as I liked the original design.

Good to hear that the hunters are finally working out for you, refreshing to hear some good news. I'm still waiting for my hunters, as well as a replacement filter that came with my masters (going on month 3 of the wait -- how the @#$! long does it take to drop in a tiny object into an envelope?)

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #19,182 of 24,683
Jul 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #19,183 of 24,683
I spoke to Jake today and he said they are expecting hunter stock this week, in fact both Jake and Kieran were quite helpful today.
considering the circumstances i.e delays/comunication i did feel for trinity a little it came across that there hands are tied and they are waiting on 3rd party's, that said I still think if they had been a bit more open with me and the community in general they could of saved some (not all) frustrations including my own.
As I said before I hope to see some stock moving this week for everyone and trinity sake.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #19,185 of 24,683
I spoke to Jake today and he said they are expecting hunter stock this week, in fact both Jake and Kieran were quite helpful today.
considering the circumstances i.e delays/comunication i did feel for trinity a little it came across that there hands are tied and they are waiting on 3rd party's, that said I still think if they had been a bit more open with me and the community in general they could of saved some (not all) frustrations including my own.
As I said before I hope to see some stock moving this week for everyone and trinity sake.

If it's anything other than the hunter shells, I can't say I feel for them... If you have preorders, goal is to plan ahead. The PM6 didn't suffer from the shell issue, so theoretically they should have inventory of everything required WAY ahead of delivery date. Trinity is clearly not fessing up to something...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back