TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 2, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #19,144 of 24,683
It's the weekend so I doubt anything will start shipping till tomorrow.

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #19,145 of 24,683
I realy do hope they start shipping out the icarus lll this week for everyone's sake, things have to be seen to be moving for trinity and customers alike.
Also it would be good to hear some impressions and comparisons to the master and some positivity on this thread which is hard to achieve with things in limbo for most.
I didn't order the icarus lll simply because of outstanding orders and i felt icarus IV would be a bit big for my little ears the master were the top end for size for me.
But if they are anything like the master as in overall build quality and bang for buck then im sure most will be pleased.
Looking forward to hearing some positivity about them and other product delays hopefully this week.

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #19,146 of 24,683
i felt icarus IV would be a bit big for my little ears the master were the top end for size for me
Indeed. That's why I'm pinning my hopes on the IcarusIII, size and potential sound signature. Kieran confirmed for me that the design has not changed from the pictures shown on the website, and I'm hoping that the slightly longer looking nozzles will be a better fit than the Master for my small ears. And that the presumed warmer sound will suit my needs.
He also guaranteed (yeah, I can hear the sniggers) delivery out in the first 2 weeks of July - to hit a hard deadline that I have no choice with.
I'm off on a nice long weeks holiday, not going to check in until near the deadline and really hope that they will be posted out by the time I get back. Be lazing by the ocean for the next week, not worrying at all about them, but this is the last chance for me and them. All fingers firmly crossed. :)

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #19,147 of 24,683
Indeed. That's why I'm pinning my hopes on the IcarusIII, size and potential sound signature. Kieran confirmed for me that the design has not changed from the pictures shown on the website, and I'm hoping that the slightly longer looking nozzles will be a better fit than the Master for my small ears. And that the presumed warmer sound will suit my needs.
He also guaranteed (yeah, I can hear the sniggers) delivery out in the first 2 weeks of July - to hit a hard deadline that I have no choice with.
I'm off on a nice long weeks holiday, not going to check in until near the deadline and really hope that they will be posted out by the time I get back. Be lazing by the ocean for the next week, not worrying at all about them, but this is the last chance for me and them. All fingers firmly crossed. :)

Fingers crossed for you too , I used the long nozzle on the sabres with my small ears so I sort of get where your coming from although I didn't realy have any fit issues with the master they seemed to just sit right in my ear though I do rely on tip more than insertion and wouldn't be jogging in them, still a great iem for the money though.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #19,148 of 24,683
I didn't realy have any fit issues with the master they seemed to just sit right in my ear though I do rely on tip more than insertion
I've got a mild case of boxer's ears, left side anyway :wink: and need the longer looking case-leading-into-nozzles part and smaller shape to be confident of a fit. Also the impressions that someone gave me from Can-Jam was that they do rely on a good fit with tips as the cable doesn't really support them too much - so I'll probably use Spinfits and hope that works for me.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #19,149 of 24,683
I sort of get why the master could be a problem for bigger ears than smaller, I don't have very deep ear canals so shorter nozzles are ok and even though there for me on the large side they sit just right in my ear cavity , where as possibly bigger ear cavity and shorter nozzle would mean them potentially moving more.

Jul 2, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #19,150 of 24,683
1.png

Jul 2, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #19,155 of 24,683
I'll believe it when I see it. Kind of annoying that people who go in on the Icarus IV pre-order later get a better/more expensive IEM than the earliest.

I thought so too. But the first preorder the final price was 120 and this code makes it 149 which is roughly the difference between the hyperion and the v2 right now. So I guess it evens out? idk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back