TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 16, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #16,864 of 24,683
I do clearly remember the freq range for the Masters was on the site, 20-20k human hearing . The ohms however, I do not remember

Edit, the Vyrus V1s had it displayed as well

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #16,865 of 24,683
A PM6! that's good news.

As for Masters, I'm liking the black filters a lot right now. I liked the red too but the black have the same smoothness and plentiful bass but it's not overpowering. The black add sparkle over the red as well. Continuing to be really, really impressed with these.

Second this; while I initially really did not like the red filters and never put them again on the Masters, (it seemed to me that they somehow muffled the sound),
I have exactly the same (as stated in the post above), very positive impression of the black filters, they simply seem to do the trick to my ears.

I am putting the Masters daily through a lot of musical material, and, also as stated above, continuing to be very pleased with them.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #16,866 of 24,683
This actually made me order the Masters IEM as I prefer more "clinical" approach to the sound, although I can imagine that the Icarus III will be as good as well, only a different flavor. I learned my lesson in demoing the tube amp, and with certain cans or components the touch or fullness and warmth does the magic indeed...
It's why I order the Master also. I like impactful bass, I just don't want it to stick around too long or get muddy

May 16, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #16,867 of 24,683
Yeah, but the PM4 is completely different earphones. The Master is not an improved PM4 as Bob said, as it happen they just stopped production of the PM4 and announced the Master. As far as I'm aware of this info was never available for the Master although people asked for it.

To say that the Master isn't an "improved" PM4 may be true on the surface. However the PM4 was clearly served as a beta trial for the Master. The changes in design, style, and sound can be directly related back to the feedback they got from the PM4.

May 17, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #16,868 of 24,683
To say that the Master isn't an "improved" PM4 may be true on the surface. However the PM4 was clearly served as a beta trial for the Master. The changes in design, style, and sound can be directly related back to the feedback they got from the PM4.
Every change made was a response to community feedback. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to interpretation.

May 17, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #16,869 of 24,683
Every change made was a response to community feedback. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to interpretation.
I think there's a a certain balance to strike with responding to community feedback. Sure, you can't do everything people ask, so I think they did right in that sense. But the problem is they haven't yet done well with spacing out their releases. Made the Delta, replaced it 6 months later; released Delta V2, discontinued 8 months later; released Sabre, discontinued 6 months later; released PM4, discontinued immediately to be replaced by the Master. Most other companies I've seen usually give a product life span about a year (aka, the default warranty period) before discontinuing them. Trinity Audio moves too quickly in that sense.

May 17, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #16,871 of 24,683
And honestly... not sure what's going on with my Masters, but they're sounding very much worse compared to how they sounded out of the box. i've been using them quite a bit, but still... the lower frequencies produce an insane amount of staticky fuzz noise now at a decent volume. honestly, my hyperions sound better. :/

May 17, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #16,873 of 24,683
Why are people having issues with the bulk/size/weight of the Y connector? I appreciate it's a bit weird but are you elves? It's hardly noticeable?

"Are you elves?"
Amid the ocean of doom and gloom, this was an island of hilarity

May 17, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #16,874 of 24,683
Meanwhile Trinity is ignoring my request of cancelling a preorder through their website for more than a week now...
I wrote them three times, but all I hear is "we will solve this".
Good to see PM6 is done after 5 months of quality checks. I'd like to know what they did since december as production obviously started in April.
I can't even receive my item, because I'm not at home anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back