TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Aug 10, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #1,262 of 1,582
I personally don't think it's that much of a power issue nor DAC (OpAmp), with phones it's all the competing apps inside the device for me and I have numerous iDevices but none of them can hold a candle to my Opus! Now put the XD-05 on the Opus and it's a whole nutha story again:wink:

As an old Telephone lineman and having to take tools for the particular job up the pole with you so you don't have to trip back down and up again choose the right tool for the job, now to go off on a Pod tangent I can't help of thinking of the old knight telling Indiana to choose wisely:rolling_eyes: I know, don't even ask where that came from! LOL

Having the right tools is always the key.

On an idevice I like to use Accudio and Kaisertone. On my current Andriod it's Neutron. Neutron on my idevice just sucks.
Now I'm wondering how much better the XD-05 will be when soldering another set of BUF634 and running it in high bandwidth mode?

Aug 10, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #1,263 of 1,582
Having the right tools is always the key.

On an idevice I like to use Accudio and Kaisertone. On my current Andriod it's Neutron. Neutron on my idevice just sucks.
Now I'm wondering how much better the XD-05 will be when soldering another set of BUF634 and running it in high bandwidth mode?

Guess there is one way to find out:wink: I guess for some adding software packages for improved audio performance works however your still in the device that has other apps competing, even my Benjie S5 sounds better than my iPhone:scream:

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,265 of 1,582
@Podster

Where is the artwork and browsing of songs/albums or artists? Where is the playlists?

LOL, resort back to the Opus #1, Cayin N3, FiiO X3ii or Shanling M2:wink: I saw you said one box solution and obviously with picture screen!

However much I like picture (Art) screens and file scrolling I hardly ever pull any of my players out to change songs, run them all in shuffle and if it's on my player I like it:thumbsup:DJ is always playing one of my faves:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beerchug:
This works for me but I can usually unless in an altered state tell you what I'm listening too:worried:

Dater.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #1,266 of 1,582
If I owned Trinity I would pare down the product line meaningfully. But I would keep the Icarus III as a regular product.

I would not price these at 225 pounds but keep the pricing at a fair value (maybe 100-125 pounds) and sell the living daylights out of these.

These are actually good headphones. Trinity would be far better off evaluating what they have created in the last few years and selling those items rather than continuing in their current pseudo kickstarter mode.

If we had reason to think this company would produce a model for more than about two weeks people might actually write reviews of the products and treat this as a serious vendor.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #1,271 of 1,582
Thanks guys! Will definitely grab those tips.
Cool. Hope they work for you. Before the Trinity threads severe blow up, many people were using and recommending the Auvio tips. They were buying multiple sets and stockpiling them. Radio Shack used to call them Auvio, then later changed the name to Replace It earbuds. Last I looked the RS website had some.

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #1,273 of 1,582
How do the Icarus III's @ £80 new compare to other offerings from other brands available at a similar price? Is that really a true deal or is it roughly where they should be priced?

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,275 of 1,582
list a few in its price range:
1more triples or quads
K3
Fiio f9
Periodic mg
Pinacle

So would you say these are a genuinely good deal or should I be looking elsewhere for £80/$105?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back