TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 9, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #406 of 1,582
​I think between the health issues with his son, and the colossal stress of having so many orders to deal with simultaneously, plus preparing for Canjam, it probably is just one less thing to think about/deal with this way. 

The other thing could be, and I stress this is PURELY conjecture on my part, there is a pattern of Bob improving on his first iteration of IEM's, and it could be that he wants to make a change or tweak or improvement and wants to wait for that to be worked through before putting them up on the site or showing them at Canjam. Not everyone has responded favorably to him doing that in the past, so avoiding the whole scenario would make sense to me. Again, pure conjecture on my part, and no one KNOWS until Bob tells us why.

Yeah,theres a reason to it and Bob only knows than anyone else.......hope everything will be back on track by the end of this month,both official and personal front!

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #407 of 1,582
​I think between the health issues with his son, and the colossal stress of having so many orders to deal with simultaneously, plus preparing for Canjam, it probably is just one less thing to think about/deal with this way. 

The other thing could be, and I stress this is PURELY conjecture on my part, there is a pattern of Bob improving on his first iteration of IEM's, and it could be that he wants to make a change or tweak or improvement and wants to wait for that to be worked through before putting them up on the site or showing them at Canjam. Not everyone has responded favorably to him doing that in the past, so avoiding the whole scenario would make sense to me. Again, pure conjecture on my part, and no one KNOWS until Bob tells us why.

Possibly, but in his Q&A part 1 vid Bob said they reached to a point where the models are as good as they can be and these are the models moving forward with no changes so most here assumed this is the current lineup for the next couple of years as he said.
It's difficult to keep up with all these changes both for Trinity and the consumers. Companies don't discontinue successful models that are selling well.
Some audio companies have models run for years.
The lifespan of earphones has to he reasonable. A refresh every 3-4 yrs is great, but a new model every year or less raises eyebrows.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #408 of 1,582
The lifespan of earphones has to be reasonable. A refresh every 3-4 yrs is great, but a new model every year or less raises eyebrows.

Very true.
At least, 10 years ago
tongue_smile.gif

Surely pretty much *every* audiophile manufacturer is releasing new models on an annual basis; some even more often than that?
Yes, there are some classics/bestsellers that rightfully go on for years, but I'd be surprised if a 'new model every year' plan raised any eyebrows in this day and age
basshead.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #409 of 1,582
The lifespan of earphones has to he reasonable. A refresh every 3-4 yrs is great, but a new model every year or less raises eyebrows.

I see it completely differently. If you are a large multi-national corporation with money to throw at R&D, you spent all your time and money upfront, then release something that runs for a long time. You don't make incremental changes because it is not profitable to put extra resources into small changes that don't generate more revenue.

If you are a small operation, you do the best you can, and if you see room for improvement you make it, not because it generates more revenue, but because its a matter of pride or fits your mission statement of being about the audio and the customer over purely profit.

I think the disconnect is in peoples expectations, if you expect a very small company to behave like a large corporation, or follow the same business practices, then of course you will be disappointed.

Again, purely speculative, out loud pondering, nothing more, and I doubt the reason is an Air V2, more likely easier to just not put that one more thing on the plate right now.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #410 of 1,582
  Very true.
At least, 10 years ago
tongue_smile.gif

Surely pretty much *every* audiophile manufacturer is releasing new models on an annual basis; some even more often than that?
Yes, there are some classics/bestsellers that rightfully go on for years, but I'd be surprised if a 'new model every year' plan raised any eyebrows in this day and age
basshead.gif

I'm not talking about Etymotic, Shure and Westone. 
Look at brands such a Audiofly, Rock It Sounds and Mee Audio for example. 
Constantly releasing new models simply doesn't look good on a company and it is not a sustainable business model; R & D for a product or a full lineup, QA, production and QC before releasing can't be completed in 12 months if you work with a small team, no matter what. It doesn't work and we can see that clearly.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #411 of 1,582

I see it completely differently. If you are a large multi-national corporation with money to throw at R&D, you spent all your time and money upfront, then release something that runs for a long time. You don't make incremental changes because it is not profitable to put extra resources into small changes that don't generate more revenue.

If you are a small operation, you do the best you can, and if you see room for improvement you make it, not because it generates more revenue, but because its a matter of pride or fits your mission statement of being about the audio and the customer over purely profit.

I think the disconnect is in peoples expectations, if you expect a very small company to behave like a large corporation, or follow the same business practices, then of course you will be disappointed.

Again, purely speculative, out loud pondering, nothing more, and I doubt the reason is an Air V2, more likely easier to just not put that one more thing on the plate right now.

Sure, it all depends on their business model. I don't so many boutique companies do that though if any, unless they buy OEM earphones from China,  change the design a bit and put their name brand on them, but this is not what Trinity does, right? 

Personally l would much rather spends $300-$400 on a set of good earphones every 3-4 year as long as they have a detectable cable and are backed up with solid warranty, instead of spending $70-$100 every 6-8 months on a set of earphones.

Bob himself said they kept changing but now have reached to a point this is how models will stay moving forward for the next couple of year. He also said they are done with pre-orders so it seems like they tweaked their business model.  I have nothing else to go by, just based on what Bob told us. 

I'm looking forward to read impressions about the Hunter and PM6 as those would be something l may consider based on reviews. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #412 of 1,582
Originally Posted Tommy C  

I'm looking forward to read impressions about the Hunter and PM6 as those would be something l may consider based on reviews. 

Amen to that ! I was a day 1 order for the Hunter, and it is about double what I have ever spent for a pair of IEM/headphones, so a bit of a leap of faith for me. My wife really likes her Hyperions, and I still enjoy my original Delta, so I am sure I will be thrilled with the Hunter. Of course hearing favorable impressions first would be awesome :wink:

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #418 of 1,582

Users who are viewing this thread

Back