TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II
Jul 22, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #451 of 489
Personally I don't think Trinity ever released anything better than the Delta V2 - mind you I never tried anything past the Sabre really. Even the Hunter prototype i heard didn't match the Delta in sheer tonality. If you're looking for something amazing in the $200 range - Simgot EN700 Pro. I'll be reviewing it shortly. And with the way things are going with Trinity at the moment, I'd just urge a little caution unless you don't mind waiting. they are seeming to be delivering, but waiting times have been horrendous.

cool thanks for the tip! Man makes me feel like I made a really good choice back then :wink: Ya I saw like 100 pages of people asking if their product had shipped yet, lol

Jul 22, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #453 of 489
Always tough to recommend headsets for the phone. Simgot has a detachable cable system so you could add one. What I generally do though is take a pair of VE Monks with me if I need to use the phone. Get a pair with headset and controls (they are $5-$10 earbuds) and don't look back. The problem I have with using IEMs for on the phone is that hollow sound you get when talking with a sealed unit. With earbuds, there are no issues, and the VE Monk SQ is seriously excellent. Then go with best option for IEMs based on your musc tastes.

Other option (if you have an iPhone) is taking a look at the FiiO i1. It runs from the lightning port, and adds mic and volume controls.

Jul 22, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #454 of 489
Personally I don't think Trinity ever released anything better than the Delta V2 - mind you I never tried anything past the Sabre really. Even the Hunter prototype i heard didn't match the Delta in sheer tonality. If you're looking for something amazing in the $200 range - Simgot EN700 Pro. I'll be reviewing it shortly. And with the way things are going with Trinity at the moment, I'd just urge a little caution unless you don't mind waiting. they are seeming to be delivering, but waiting times have been horrendous.

The delta V2 was truly one of the best I have ever listened to. I cross fingers and toes for a re-release. I've honestly only seen TOTL IEM's evoke such a keen praise like those.

I hope he gets his head above water.

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #455 of 489
so, I ordered the delta back in NOV of last year knowing I would not receive it for a long time so I did not keep up. I have not heard anything about it since, can someone fill me in what is going on. I didn't think it would take this long.

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #456 of 489
so, I ordered the delta back in NOV of last year knowing I would not receive it for a long time so I did not keep up. I have not heard anything about it since, can someone fill me in what is going on. I didn't think it would take this long.

None of the Deltas nor atlas deltas were sent out. They were replaced with Masters instead. As far as I know the reason wasn't fully explained. I haven't been following their threads really since I cancelled my Atlas Delta.

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #459 of 489
I would definitely contact them. That's been a very common problem. They often say it will take a week or two, but they have told people that for months, so... Well, let's just say it's not a good picture and as others have stated the waiting time is horrendous.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #460 of 489

I was agreeing with this until the Masters came and I find them to be a step up from the Delta's (I bought the DV1 per your recommendation way back when) and they were my favorite Trinity until the Master's. I even or still like my DV1 to the DV2 I purchased. To this day I feel Bob was moving way to fast with updates and model changes! I also feel for a lot of people the Masters will be too heavy to wear even if they do sound better, I can actually sleep in mine but I've also decided I have Shrek's ears:scream:

If you get a chance you should really give the Master a try Paul, I personally think you would like them. I liked them enough that I'm waiting (still) for my end of June shipped Icarus III and now that some in the UK and one as of this morning in Singapore have gotten theirs hope has risen again:rolling_eyes:

Good call on the Simgot 700 Pro's, awesome iem and absolutely gorgeous in the red with gold trim:beerchug:

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #461 of 489
If you get a chance you should really give the Master a try Paul, I personally think you would like them. I liked them enough that I'm waiting (still) for my end of June shipped Icarus III and now that some in the UK and one as of this morning in Singapore have gotten theirs hope has risen again:rolling_eyes:

Good call on the Simgot 700 Pro's, awesome iem and absolutely gorgeous in the red with gold trim:beerchug:

Doubt I'll get the chance Tim, no contact with Bob for a considerable time. I have no idea why - but it was his choice. He decided to stop with the tuning advice (perhaps he disagreed with my feedback on Hunter). Personally I would have changed the tuning altogether - there were too many limits with the default signature to solve with just filters (just my opinion). And I wouldn't buy anything from Trinity given the current issues. Its sad really - they had a great business model - but simply over-reached. If they had actually delivered what they promised instead of a lot of development of new stuff and empty promises, then their rep would still be intact.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #462 of 489
Well we are for sure on the same page as far as Bob trying to reach too far too fast. He could have built a strong and lasting base on just the Hyperion, Techne and Delta and slowly worked on his next edition one release at a time. I guess it will all be a mystery to me and hopefully I see my Icarus I/III's one day.

I'm sure with the plethora of iem's I have amassed I could send out my Masters to you if you ever want to give them a try. As I said outside of the Delta V1's these are the best I've heard from them. I know I won't be buying anymore from him until I see long term marked improvement (And maybe a little something from the heart)

It saddens me in a way as I never thought he would bite the hand that feeds. Ego is a strange thing but one must be able to step back and see the big picture and accept comstructive advice otherwise you may be standing alone in the bottom of the well.

You let me know because I trust you'll give us all your honest opinion.

Cheers

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #463 of 489
Nah - its ok. Enough on my plate for now (in the review queue) anyway. May not be Bob's decision. IIRC he has a partner. I guess we'll know eventually. In all my dealings with him, ego never came into it. Very humble and likeable gentleman.

Mar 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #465 of 489
Since Trinity went awol, anyone know where to find a replacement cable for this?

If it were I needing an older Trinity iem cable I would test their new metal and promise of great customer service post Bob! I mean email them and ask if they have any of the cables you seek in their warehouse stock, I mean if they are making the bold statement that they will offer great customer service (instead of empty promises all the time) they should make every effort to accommodate you and even if they don't have backup cables they should suggest who makes a replacement cable with the right pin out for you:thinking:

I back Paul on his assessment of Bob James 100%:thumbsup:As far as Bob's new R1 just read up on those that have reviewed it and even those who now have it and are enjoying this new topology/design of dual DD's of killer materials. I recently had a reply from Pinky and he said the R1 is fabulous and Pinky has had some really nice iem's through the years and I trust completely not to mention my findings of the R1 are spot on. Keep in mind I may be slightly bias since I have about 8 of Bob's previous creations and I can't tell you how thrown and impressed I am with the two DD R1 after loving my hybrid Icarus III:rolling_eyes: After dropping two BA's in favor of the R1 build had me worried but Bob being the tuning genius he is just hit another out the park for me. OK, enough smooze this fanboy will retire:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back