TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II
Jan 6, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #436 of 489
How different do you expect these Deltas are to the Delta Hybrids (Atlas Hybrid? The naming is confusing to me) that I've preordered? (Knowing that you'd be making a best guess only)

The Delta and Delta VII sound very close to each other.  I haven't heard the Atlas, so I wouldn't be able to speculate on that.  Maybe someone who has the Atlas and the Delta VII could comment on similarities and differences.  My understanding is that the design objective is to get the Delta VII sound into a more ergonomic and sports friendly Atlas style shell.  I have the Atlas-Delta on order as well.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #437 of 489
  The Delta and Delta VII sound very close to each other.  I haven't heard the Atlas, so I wouldn't be able to speculate on that.  Maybe someone who has the Atlas and the Delta VII could comment on similarities and differences.  My understanding is that the design objective is to get the Delta VII sound into a more ergonomic and sports friendly Atlas style shell.  I have the Atlas-Delta on order as well.

Yeah but that completely changed when Bob changed the specs as well. The Atlas Delta is now in a Dual coil dynamic + 2 BA config.
I have no guess of what the sound will be compared to the Delta V-II because it really depends on the BA tuning. However, it will certainly have smoother treble than the Phantom Master 4 (and thank god!).

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #439 of 489
Thanks. I'm just debating about getting the Master now too (a great deal). But that's just not a simple "yes" for me.

I know what you mean.  I already had the Original Delta, Delta VII, and the Hunter (on order since July).  Then the Atlas-Delta was released for Pre-order and a killer Black Friday deal came along.  Now the Master deal is out.  But How many Trinity headphones do I need?

I originally wanted just 2.  One for inside, and one for outside (snow shoveling, grass cutting, etc.)  Now I will have 4.  Do I really need 5?  Conventional wisdom says no.  But who on Head-fi is conventional or wise?  At the moment, cheap is winning out over unconventional unwise.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #440 of 489
My original delta cable broke, and I have the new delta-atlas on ordered to use with the lay bt module. I hope it will ok. I originally wanted the mmcx bt module but I recieved the 2-pins. I have the fx850 and aaw a3hpro, both use mmcx. I like the original delta more than fx850 although they both sound very similar.

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #441 of 489
I preordered the Atlas Deltas w/ BT lanyard. The lanyard arrived long ago. I don't know mmcx from 2pin... the lanyard I got seems to match pics of mmcx (a round hole).

When the Atlas Deltas ship, is it definite that they will not be mmcx? I ask because I'd like to get a AAW Capri (lightning + dad to mmcx) for them, but that won't work at all if the shipping Atlas Deltas are the new Y cable.

Anyone know for sure? Thanks

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #442 of 489
I preordered the Atlas Deltas w/ BT lanyard. The lanyard arrived long ago. I don't know mmcx from 2pin... the lanyard I got seems to match pics of mmcx (a round hole).

When the Atlas Deltas ship, is it definite that they will not be mmcx? I ask because I'd like to get a AAW Capri (lightning + dad to mmcx) for them, but that won't work at all if the shipping Atlas Deltas are the new Y cable.

Anyone know for sure? Thanks

The original atlas was mmcx, that came before the atlas-delta. I thought the atlas-delta was going to use the new cable system?

My Bluetooth lanyard is for the original atlas and is mmcx, not sure it will fit any other model from the trinity line up.

Edit: website says it will use the new modular cable system, and if it didn't then it would be using the two pin as they gave up on mmcx. Sorry bud

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #443 of 489
Well, I've had their BT mmcx lanyard for a month or two now, just waiting for the Atlas Deltas to plug into them. If it is going to ship with the new cable system folks say that Bob will work it out. But, it may be ages and ages before their new BT lanyard ships -- but who will want a long cable from your ears down to a Y and THEN to a BT "not a lanyard" but a chest dongle.

Preordering is one thing, but that along with a switch to a cabling system that is not going to function well with a BT "lanyard" really sucks. Big Time.

I pledged for the Airs only to find out that they don't have a BT volume control, and the other BT unit I pre ordered is quite delayed and I can't imagine using the new Y system with a BT dongle hanging down your chest. I can't imagine a BT dongle that anyone is going to want. ?????

So far my first Trinity Audio experience isn't approaching warm and fuzzy.

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #447 of 489
btw as an update, I just got the 1MORE triple for my wife and did a quick A-B comparison on my mac with the dampened silvers with the same tips and wow I'm so glad I got the Deltas :) I get like zero bass from the 1MORE triples. You guys think that I got a bad set?

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #448 of 489
Typically when someone mentions they are getting zero bass that means they have a poor seal on the eartips. I've heard the 1more triples are more challenging to get a proper seal.

That said, the TripleD's do have a polite bass where the deltas can have a prominent midbass. I can't tell if your statement is emphatic or if you're really getting no bass, and if so if it is because of the tips or a defective unit. I tried the TripleD's at Canjam and they didn't win over the Deltas IMO. Too bad the Deltas have been discontinued though.

Jul 22, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #449 of 489
@Indigo Bob thanks for the thoughts. Ya that's what I figured and why I used the same tips as the Delta. I went through flanges, complys, and variety of spin fits. It seemed like practically zero compared to Deltas. Ya, I returned the 1MOREs, I just couldn't get them to work, thanks Amazon returns :) So its been awhile and I'm trying to catch up, what would be considered the successor to the Deltas? There are so many options, Icarus, Vyrus, and the old Masters. Thoughts? Thanks!

Jul 22, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #450 of 489
Personally I don't think Trinity ever released anything better than the Delta V2 - mind you I never tried anything past the Sabre really. Even the Hunter prototype i heard didn't match the Delta in sheer tonality. If you're looking for something amazing in the $200 range - Simgot EN700 Pro. I'll be reviewing it shortly. And with the way things are going with Trinity at the moment, I'd just urge a little caution unless you don't mind waiting. they are seeming to be delivering, but waiting times have been horrendous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back