Trinity Audio Q & A
Feb 23, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #106 of 136
I think isolation is key. I have really weirdly shaped ears, so I always have trouble finding the right fit. There are cheap DIY solutions for isolation, but a partnership with a solution that's more "robust" would be really cool :)

I also can't wait to see what the Icarus II is gonna be specc'd at, because the Fiio x5 3rd gen is on my radar... Depending on what you guys deliver, I might change my mind. :wink:

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #110 of 136
I found the kombi tips a wonderful improvement to both isolation and sound signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another option that i've been using is the stock trinty tips with the foam from the kombi tips.  
the kombi tips like to easily slide off my sabre, atlas and fidue A73.  the stock tips never let go on me.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #111 of 136
I'm thrilled to find out that I'm not alone in needing isolation... and am constantly trying to find excellent audio with great isolation. The best isolation I've found so far is in the Plugfones https://www.plugfones.com "Plugfones have been certified to provide a Noise Reduction Rating of 25 dB, which would reduce noise levels to a manageable level." OK audio, but nothing close to Trinity. But, 25dB NRR is awesome since the actual isolation is often much better than that.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #112 of 136
I'm thrilled to find out that I'm not alone in needing isolation... and am constantly trying to find excellent audio with great isolation. The best isolation I've found so far is in the Plugfones https://www.plugfones.com "Plugfones have been certified to provide a Noise Reduction Rating of 25 dB, which would reduce noise levels to a manageable level." OK audio, but nothing close to Trinity. But, 25dB NRR is awesome since the actual isolation is often much better than that.

Hard to beat Shure with olive tips for SQ + isolation.  The house sound is not for everyone though.  The hybrid Trinity lines with their DD won't ever be able to compete with the isolation of a full BA based iem.  Some dynamics and hybrids are decent though.  I'm anxious to see what kind of isolation the Hunter have, but if it is your top priority, it is better to look into full BA based IEMs or better yet CIEMs.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #113 of 136

It depends a bit on your budget, but for isolation, comfort and quality, custom is the way to go. At least that is what I decided to do. (I went for full CIEMs.) Interestingly when I went to see my audiologist (Aid2Hearing in London) and showed Gisele my Trinity Vyrus, she was very excited about their form factor and price, and told me those would be ideal for custom Snugs tips: https://snugsearphones.co.uk/custom-fit/

It is probably the least expensive option for optimal isolation and comfort combined with the sound quality of Trinity and should (I think) work with the Delta Hybrid and Hyperion as well.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #117 of 136
For people wanting cable with mic, AFAIK, latest Trinity buds will have universal 2 pins, right?

only the preordered hunter and pm6 I believe. everything going forward is the non detachable modular system.

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #119 of 136
only the preordered hunter and pm6 I believe. everything going forward is the non detachable modular system.

Oh wow, I missed that. I didn't think it would be non-detachable..? :/

Detachable but at the Y join not the IEM bodies, trinity have previously said that they would be offering cables to cover all bases so I expect they will have one to suit most use-cases.

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #120 of 136
Detachable but at the Y join not the IEM bodies, trinity have previously said that they would be offering cables to cover all bases so I expect they will have one to suit most use-cases.

true.  the potential issue with this is having the mic being so low on the cable. curious to see once we get actual pics of everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back