Trinity Audio - Phantom Master 4 Review Tour
Nov 14, 2016 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

dnun8086

Sponsor: Trinity Audio Engineering
Trinity are pleased to announce that we will shortly be sending a pair of our new premium earphones, the Phantom Master 4 on tour for Head-fi'ers to try out and review. 

We're looking to arrange three mini tours, one in Europe, North America and Asia. We would like four volunteers in each territory to try the Phantom Master 4, write a review and then send it on to the next reviewer.

To apply, simply copy, paste and complete the info below in a reply in this thread. We’ll close applications in seven days’ time and then choose and contact the selected reviewers. Trinity Audio will co-ordinate these tours and will be your point of contact for any questions.

Head-Fi username:
Location (City, Country):
Trinity products previously used:
Source gear:
Link to a previous review:

Terms:
  1. Each tour member is responsible for the cost of shipping the headphones to the next person in the program.
  2. Tour members must provide real names and addresses for tour purposes.
  3. Tracking numbers are required for shipments between tour members.
  4. Standard tour listening periods will be seven days. 
  5. Tour members should post in this thread when headphones are received/posted.
  6. Tour members are asked to take good care of the headphones, packaging and accessories.
  7. Tour members agree to write a review of the Phantom Master 4 in the Head Fi Gear section of Head fi.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #3 of 35
Great to hear don't worry your order will be there as soon as it can be. Just to say this is for applicants only for normal thread discussion please continue to use the Phantom Series Thread. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #4 of 35
Head-Fi username: Takeanidea

Location (City, Country):Liskeard, England

Final products previously used:  ( Final?! ) The F3200 .... but I'm sure you mean Trinity , don't you?

Source gear: Ibasso DX100 Colorfly C3 Ipod 6th Gen 160 Gb  Chord Mojo Motorola Moto G4 MacBook Pro Retina

Link to a previous review: Mixcder ShareMe 5

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 35
  Head-Fi username: Takeanidea

Location (City, Country):Liskeard, England

Final products previously used:  ( Final?! ) The F3200 .... but I'm sure you mean Trinity , don't you?

Source gear: Ibasso DX100 Colorfly C3 Ipod 6th Gen 160 Gb  Chord Mojo Motorola Moto G4 MacBook Pro Retina

Link to a previous review: Mixcder ShareMe 5

Thanks for applying. 

Yes of course must not have changed it, doubled checked and noted.

Good luck!

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 35
Head-Fi username: TomKorn
Location (City, Country): Winterthur, Switzerland
Trinity products previously used: Trinity Atlas, Trinity Techne, Trinity Delta Hybrid-VII
Source gear: Fiio X7 with balanced Amp3, Fiio X3 II, Lumia 950, Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Alienware 17 R4
Link to a previous review: none written yet (but eager to. :wink: )

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #7 of 35
Head-Fi username: Voxie
Location (City, Country): Dublin, ROI
Trinity products previously used: Trinity Delta V1 and Trinity Delta V2  plus the Rockjaw Genus if that counts
wink.gif

Source gear: Fiio X3  ipod Classic 160gb. 
Link to a previous review: None so far.

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #9 of 35
Originalsnuffy
Minneapolis, MN
Have owned Vyrus; Atlas Delta on order
Source:  FIIO X3 II; Shanling M2; M1 on its way
previous reviews:   Chord Mojo; various FIIO products;  couple of IEMs   Think I wrote up the FLC8S and some others.

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #10 of 35
Hoping this will get lots of applications between now and Monday. Without wishing to cause any offence , you may not know this because you are both so busy with Trinity , but I have been putting forward a case for reviewers. I know the period for applications here is extremely tight so this may not be seen in time. But.....
7 days , when many of us are working full time , with families , is a very tight timeframe. 10 days or even 14 would guarantee certainly in my case , a reasonable amount of time spent listening to a review item. This should give a more balanced view of yours or any other companies product.
The reasoning behind a 7 day review period is normally to get a company's newest addition out there to the masses as quickly as possible . That's quite understandable. To that effect I and others have suggested that all reviewers must get a review out there within 14 days of receipt. This fulfils my personal needs of having enough time to balance my wonderful hobby against the needs of Trinity Audio and the needs of my home life. That would also echo your 14 day money back guarantee.
I'm sure no one here has a problem with paying the £3-£7 postage costs to send it on to the next reviewer out of their own pocket , but, again , some company's (hi-fi headphones , empire audio, Cayin) have , after some meaningful discussions , made the gesture of reimbursing the cost of postage. This is usually done by a photo attachment sent by email of the receipt for the postage and it's then reimbursed through PayPal. I state all of this not as a criticism. I have the utmost respect for the way Trinity has worked so closely with the headfi community , mark2410 and brooko have no doubt done some great great work with you.
I'd like to thank you for the opportunity whatever happens this time around. Because I'm keen to look at something mark2410 has developed and it's likely I'll buy them , I would accept the terms as they are.
But I'd love to think we can get to a stage where we headfiers can get what we need and in return we give the audio community what they need. That way , everyone's happy.
Trev

Nov 16, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #11 of 35
Hoping this will get lots of applications between now and Monday. Without wishing to cause any offence , you may not know this because you are both so busy with Trinity , but I have been putting forward a case for reviewers. I know the period for applications here is extremely tight so this may not be seen in time. But.....
7 days , when many of us are working full time , with families , is a very tight timeframe. 10 days or even 14 would guarantee certainly in my case , a reasonable amount of time spent listening to a review item. This should give a more balanced view of yours or any other companies product.
The reasoning behind a 7 day review period is normally to get a company's newest addition out there to the masses as quickly as possible . That's quite understandable. To that effect I and others have suggested that all reviewers must get a review out there within 14 days of receipt. This fulfils my personal needs of having enough time to balance my wonderful hobby against the needs of Trinity Audio and the needs of my home life. That would also echo your 14 day money back guarantee.
I'm sure no one here has a problem with paying the £3-£7 postage costs to send it on to the next reviewer out of their own pocket , but, again , some company's (high end headphones , empire audio, Cayin) have , after some meaningful discussions , made the gesture of reimbursing the cost of postage. This is usually done by a photo attachment sent by email of the receipt for the postage and it's then reimbursed through PayPal. I state all of this not as a criticism. I have the utmost respect for the way Trinity has worked so closely with the headfi community , mark2410 and brooko have no doubt done some great great work with you.
I'd like to thank you for the opportunity whatever happens this time around. Because I'm keen to look at something mark2410 has developed and it's likely I'll buy them , I would accept the terms as they are.
But I'd love to think we can get to a stage where we headfiers can get what we need and in return we give the audio community what they need. That way , everyone's happy.
Trev

Hi Trev,

Just wanted to get back to you please PM if you have any more question to avoid clogging the thread.

Completely understand where you are coming from but as a Head Fi user myself I have done reviews within 2 days balancing family life and a full time job so I don't see the request for 7 days being a viable issue however this doesn't mean we can't be flexible to meet people's requirements. What works for one person doesn't work for another and the idea here is to give as many people as possible a fair shot and enough time to digest and write a thorough review. 

Now regarding the reimbursement that is certainly something that could be discussed and something we would like to offer, not saying we can or will, but I will get back to you regarding this and update the thread accordingly.

I really hope we can work this out because I have the same dream and feel the same way. What good is any product if the community behind it isn't happy. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #12 of 35
I would like to throw my name in the hat for N. America.
Head-Fi username: Howlin Fester
Location (City, Country): Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Trinity products previously used: Delta v1, Delta VII, Kombi Tips.
Source gear: iBasso DX50>RSA Intruder (flac), iPod Nano>RSA Predator (mp3 320CBR)
Link to a previous review: 
Delta V1 review - in thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760277/introducing-trinity-audio-engineering/2925#post_12174307
Unison Research SH Amp - Thread Starter
http://www.head-fi.org/t/777037/unison-research-sh-class-a-valve-headphone-amplifier
Fiio M3 review - in thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/780622/fiio-m3-ultra-portable-8g-64g-2-0-320-240-tft-50mw-flac-ape-aiff-in-line-control-ogg-mp3-aac-wma-24-hours-hifi-earbuds/1800#post_12776584

I have the Hunter on order.  I would love a chance to hear the Master 4 and compare against my two sets of Deltas.

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #14 of 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back