Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly wireless in ear monitor.
Apr 22, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #212 of 317
Its a real shame, when it works it sounds very good but I have dropouts from the right bud every few seconds. It unusable as it stands. I'm just sat on my couch at home with my phone right next to me - the problem is definately the connnection to the master earbud and not the general BT to the phone.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #213 of 317
Its a real shame, when it works it sounds very good but I have dropouts from the right bud every few seconds. It unusable as it stands. I'm just sat on my couch at home with my phone right next to me - the problem is definately the connnection to the master earbud and not the general BT to the phone.

Did you pair the two forst and then the phone? Dod you check they are not both paired to the phone?

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #215 of 317
I guess this is a DOA waste of money. No refunds for KS pledges and a design error means we placed a truly bad bet then. I do not experience such frequent dropouts even with my chinese cheapos.

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #216 of 317
I guess this is a DOA waste of money. No refunds for KS pledges and a design error means we placed a truly bad bet then. I do not experience such frequent dropouts even with my chinese cheapos.

Try not to be so negative and actually wait until you get yours before casting aspersions maybe?

Yours may be absolutely fine, which would make all these posts a little silly wouldn't it!

I'm waiting patiently for mine and if they have the same issue, for a formal response from the manufacturer (once they are done with the shopping chaos) before condemning the product I've waiting so long for.

(Edit: maybe even a firmware update if this is a software issue)

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #217 of 317
Try not to be so negative and actually wait until you get yours before casting aspersions maybe?

Yours may be absolutely fine, which would make all these posts a little silly wouldn't it!

I'm waiting patiently for mine and if they have the same issue, for a formal response from the manufacturer (once they are done with the shopping chaos) before condemning the product I've waiting so long for.

(Edit: maybe even a firmware update if this is a software issue)

Point taken, i should wait for mine.
However, look at the feedback from everybody so far, the drop outs are confirmed by new to old Trinity clients Rarely this is a software issue, I design these things and most likely is an error with the antenna placement, antenna design or even just pcb grounding issues. Therefore, given what we know so far I would rather pay extra and get another IEM than the AIR given that refund is not possible. But i guess it will not be allowed.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #218 of 317

Point taken, i should wait for mine.
However, look at the feedback from everybody so far, the drop outs are confirmed by new to old Trinity clients Rarely this is a software issue, I design these things and most likely is an error with the antenna placement, antenna design or even just pcb grounding issues. Therefore, given what we know so far I would rather pay extra and get another IEM than the AIR given that refund is not possible. But i guess it will not be allowed.

The pairing of the 2 buds to each and not losing that connection was Bob's epiphany last summer. He stated they solved this issue with a second antenna.  He made the comment Air would not suffer this - the disconnects between that plagued almost all other BT earbuds
The early reports are not encouraging 

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #219 of 317
@Bobtrinity

This was my previous question:

Has the prototype or finished product been tested in person, carefully? How is the wireless reception in a crowded city, with lots of other wireless signals?

Please kindly answer. Thanks.

Dropout/wireless connection quality question was asked by myself, three times, between pages 9-11 of this thread. The only answer I got from bobtrinity was "Please email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com".

As a result, I dare not to try this product myself. I would rather pay more and wait longer to hear real-world user reviews. Please keep honest reviews coming, good or bad.

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #221 of 317
I bought 2 pairs...........

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #222 of 317
I got an email from them today so you know they're monitoring the chatter about the signal drop out.

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #225 of 317
I also got this email. It's content was disappointing. It basically means I've taken a bath on this product as it's unusable for me with constant dropouts.

Dang. I got no email from them. Checked my junk folder too
Can you post it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back