Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly wireless in ear monitor.
Oct 28, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #122 of 317
I'm curious to see which way the vote will go for the volume control. Thinking about it for me I think an extra month or so is worth it for the feature. I guess doing a split run for the Kickstarter wouldn't be feasible? 

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #123 of 317
I'm curious to see which way the vote will go for the volume control. Thinking about it for me I think an extra month or so is worth it for the feature. I guess doing a split run for the Kickstarter wouldn't be feasible? 

I think many would really like this feature.
Personally, I don't really want the delay and as long as the sound signature, will not be affected as Bob has indicated,
I would rather have the extra feature and be more patient.
I will vote for the volume feature ( I bought 3)

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #124 of 317

That may prove beneficial for everyone, whilst possibly breaking up the workload (dependant on voting) for packaging and delivery.

I'm undecided, I can wait if needed, it arrives when it arrives :)

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #125 of 317
Well now you don't need to worry as Trinity have decided to cancel the volume control option according to an e-mail I just received. Shame as I had just voted to go for it :frowning2:.

A pretty poor show to offer it up to a vote and then unilaterally withdraw it without any explanation as to why but there you are.

EDIT - apparently some backers were so vehement in their objection to a possible delay that the option was withdrawn. Unfortunate but still a poor job of communication Trinity.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/7170#post_12974276

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #126 of 317
Well now you don't need to worry as Trinity have decided to cancel the volume control option according to an e-mail I just received. Shame as I had just voted to go for it :frowning2:.

A pretty poor show to offer it up to a vote and then unilaterally withdraw it without any explanation as to why but there you are.

I can only imagine that it may have caused some disquietude.
The mixed responses on the KS comment thread intimated this too.

At least all backers will receive what was outlined originally.

Given Trinity's history, passion and creativity to pursue the ultimate available to and in them, I wouldn't be surprised to see a refined reiteration incorporating the volume button perhaps in the near future.

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #127 of 317
Well now you don't need to worry as Trinity have decided to cancel the volume control option according to an e-mail I just received. Shame as I had just voted to go for it
frown.gif

EDIT - apparently some backers were so vehement in their objection to a possible delay that the option was withdrawn. Unfortunate but still a poor job of communication Trinity.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/7170#post_12974276

Read the comments section and will give you a good understanding why.

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #128 of 317
Well now you don't need to worry as Trinity have decided to cancel the volume control option according to an e-mail I just received. Shame as I had just voted to go for it
frown.gif

I don't think there was any communication issue.

I think Bob was thoughtful to consider and then people on KS went nuts. I think he felt he had no choice but to kill it.

Seems some think estimated delivery is firm.  Guess they never looked at other campaigns. I just saw a wireless IEM that was a year late.  Being sold at Best buy now and design is entirely different!

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #129 of 317
Self-important minority threw a tantrum and poisoned the well of collaboration for over a thousand people. Way to go dipstick.

I wasn't strongly opinioned for or against the volume option, but I was very happy that Bob had provided a venue for people to provide their input.

Oh well, water under the bridge. I do love that Bob put his foot down swiftly to quash all that drama. He and his team deserve none of that crap. What kind of wanker threatens a creator on Kickstarter for asking his supporters' opinions? Honestly!

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #130 of 317
This from KS...just one more reason to love Trinity!

Hello Backers,
We have had to take a step back for  a couple our hours and have a sit and think.

Who would have thought something as simple as offering an upgraded version would cause such an uproar.

Well lets start with what responses we had so far. Below is a copy and paste of the results just from today.

Answer Choices – Responses – – YES 65.61% 332 – NO 34.39% 174 Total 506

So it was seemingly clear how this survey may well have gone.

As many of you may (or may not) have read this has lead to some very strong opinions as quite a lot of people was concerned that adding volume control would add time to the estimated delivery time.

As kickstarter is here to help raise money to complete a project in return for a reward for your pledge, remember your not actually buying a product, your helping to be part of its creation and being rewarded for your input and pledge.

We are very fortunate that we have been in this business a while now, we know how to make great sounding audio and have got quite a good handle on bluetooth and how it should be implemented. 

With any kickstarter project, it is exactly that, A project and not a finished product and as such delivery times are best estimates. 

We have done all the R&D and prototyping so you guys would not be stuck in a never ending world of delays. Believe us when we say we want these out the door as fast as possible, a product sat in development for ever and a day does not pay our bills.

We have an ethos that we won't let a poor product leave our offices even if that means annoying people, its our reputation we have to protect, we have to make sure that we do everything to deliver the absolute best we can at that time.

At no time in the campaign have we been less than frank and upfront with what the Phantom Air is and isn't . We have seen far too much BS spouted about true wireless earbuds and our campaign was not about to join the masses that have gone before (and will again) that promise the earth and only manage to deliver part of their promises. 

We are audio guys and all we want to do is deliver the best sounding audio that we humanly can at a price point that doesn't kill everyones bank balance and back it up with some of the best customer service in the business. 

We pride ourselves on looking after our customers and making sure that they get the care, attention and service we would like to receive (but very rarely do in this online age). 

Trinity was started because of the lack of high end audio in the more budget conscience range and due to the faceless companies that peddle "superior (yeah right)" products at hugely inflated prices on the premise that expensive is better.

This audio world is corrupted so badly with over priced cheap products masquerading as high end products, reviews in main stream media that get their star rating based on add spend. Take a look at our advertising too see what we mean.......exactly we don't do any, we give products out for review to media, but we don't advertise with them, 99.99% of all our marketing is down to word of mouth and referrals. 

Want to see how we work, take some time and read everything you can about us on www.head-fi.org and you will soon see we are not like the rest.

Anyway we are getting very off track here. This update is to discuss/inform you about volume control. Yes it can be done. After having a chat with our engineers they think its possible within the time frame we want to be within. So here is whats going to happen, we are going to have our engineers work on this and if we can deliver within the time frame, you guys will get it, if we can't, you won't . 

We hope this puts this matter to bed now.

Thank you all once again for wanting to be part of this campaign and project and look forward to what we can do together.

Goodnight one and all.

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #131 of 317
Indeed; that is quite excellent.

Incidentally @Bobtrinity you might be amused to hear that I dreamt that we met last night. You were upset so I asked what was wrong in the hope that I could help. I thought you were going to vent about the KS business but was surprised that you were upset because your daughter was upset because the farm hands had been eating the magpies she had been be-friending. Yes, it was a bit odd! :D

This from KS...just one more reason to love Trinity!

Nov 1, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #132 of 317
It's really weird people can put up the inconvenience of having to pull out the ever increasingly sized phones just to fiddle with the volumes ALL THE TIME, but they can't wait for one more month that it may or may not need to implement volume control.

However I do wanna say BT headphones have different user case, in the feature department it's quite different from traditional headphones. So in a weird way I can understand it.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #134 of 317
Any news on what process is being used for the "stormtrooper" edition? Wondering if it will stand up as well to general use aAs the usual atomisation methods, specifically scratching and fading/yellowing.

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #135 of 317
Very interesting product!

Bob,

Please kindly comment:

Is the Air's isolation level turnable, or is it fixed (what broadband -db level, if fixed)? I apologize if this has been asked before.

Also, how is the wireless reception in a crowded city office, with lots of other wireless signals? Has the prototype or finished product been tested in person, carefully?

I was one of the 20% of users who did not get stable wireless connection, from a popular blutooth earphone made last year. I got one gap every 1-2 minutes, during song playback. Especially when I moved around.

Does the Air's dual antenna design really solve the problem of water gap (of human body)? I hope it works not only on paper (in theory), but also in person.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back