Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Feb 9, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #2,926 of 2,949
Understand completely. I passed on the IMR R1 because of the trinity crap and to be honest I didn't trust Bob. After hearing all the stellar reviews I figured I'd give the Zenith's a try and glad I did. He had some QC issues with a few of the first batch because of someone assembling them wrong but he's sending out new ones to everyone. I know he has a few more in the works but honestly I hope he just keeps it to one or two new releases a year. We all know what happen to Trinity when they got over ambitious.
QC issues...assembled wrong. I hope this is not another Trinity starting. Good Luck, I hope everything works out

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #2,927 of 2,949
QC issues...assembled wrong. I hope this is not another Trinity starting. Good Luck, I hope everything works out
Hey Neal it's been awhile my friend. That's why I said I hope he sticks to one or two new products a year. However, with that said the Zenith's are the real deal but I'll be watching things closely and definitely won't be buying every product he releases.

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #2,928 of 2,949
Bob cannot afford another debacle so soon so I quickly got my Zenith replacement. Will get my hands on them tomorrow when I get home. Two Zeniths and a balanced cable is that sweet payback for the lost Icarus 4 and Phoenix.......

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #2,931 of 2,949
Shouldn't this be moved to another topic? This already has so much pollution on it and now, and as an owner of R1, i want to just focus on the new products of the brand.
Well considering this is the Trinity thread and they no longer exist where do you suggest we move it? This thread seems appropriate since any former Trinity customers may visit this thread and want info on IMR and how they tie together or don't.

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #2,932 of 2,949
Eh, maybe do what's usually done and start a new thread for the new brand ...

Feb 9, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #2,935 of 2,949
There's already a thread for IMR that was started because of all the bashing of Bob is this thread.
I’m glad they sound great and he is making a quality sounding product. I’m intrigued for sure

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #2,936 of 2,949
Well considering this is the Trinity thread and they no longer exist where do you suggest we move it? This thread seems appropriate since any former Trinity customers may visit this thread and want info on IMR and how they tie together or don't.

Seriously?!

Eh, maybe do what's usually done and start a new thread for the new brand ...

And one would think that this would be obvious but apparently not. I guess since it's the same designer it's important to keep bashing and comparing with products from 3-5y ago. Maybe it's a "thing" here and we missed that memo.

I can't seem to find a thread for the Zenith so i will keep a look at the R1 thread instead since people have been posting there.

Feb 19, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #2,937 of 2,949
Sadly, no, I couldn't find replacement cables either. If you find a source, let us know I could use 3 or 4 cables with in-line mics.
IMG_1080.JPG IMG_1048.JPG IMG_1051.JPG IMG_1079.JPG IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG

The grey cable is from KZ ZS3 and the silver one is a FiiO cable for UE triple fi 10....they bogh fit well as seen in the pictures...

The zs3 cable comes with the memory part near the ear-pieces end(just a thin metal wire inside the sheath around say ~5" or so, that i cut off)....and its a good option if you're on budget....but see that,you buy a zs3 set instead of just that grey cable to save $$.you can order zs3 thru aliexpress or gearbest etc if you wonder where to buy....
I ve ordered KZ 2 pin cable for zs3 ($2 something/the copper colored with tranlucent platic tubing near tbe earpieces end) to check on my TF10 but never had a chance to try it on my vyrus,but can update here if someone wish to see a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1080.JPG
    IMG_1080.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #2,938 of 2,949

The grey cable is from KZ ZS3 and the silver one is a FiiO cable for UE triple fi 10....they bogh fit well as seen in the pictures...

The zs3 cable comes with the memory part near the ear-pieces end(just a thin metal wire inside the sheath around say ~5" or so, that i cut off)....and its a good option if you're on budget....but see that,you buy a zs3 set instead of just that grey cable to save $$.you can order zs3 thru aliexpress or gearbest etc if you wonder where to buy....
I ve ordered KZ 2 pin cable for zs3 ($2 something/the copper colored with tranlucent platic tubing near tbe earpieces end) to check on my TF10 but never had a chance to try it on my vyrus,but can update here if someone wish to see a pic.
And in case anyone is wondering in terms of numeric specs, you're looking for 0.75mm 2-pin connections. That's what's used in the KZ and UE TF10 cables to my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back