Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Feb 15, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #2,806 of 2,949
UPDATE:
Just so everyone is aware. I made a official claim with my credit card company. Send them all emails, receipts, and every bit of documentation I could find. They turned it around in a week and my credit card company gave me a refund. So if you kept all documentation. That may be a avenue you can go down. Not sure if the credit card company will try to recover fro Trinity or if they just take the hit and eat it. So any way... there you go.
Awesome. I'm going to try PayPal out for that. But I'm well over 6 months, to be honest it feels like they strung me along for that very reason, saying that they would start shipping soon....

Feb 15, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #2,807 of 2,949
UPDATE:
Just so everyone is aware. I made a official claim with my credit card company. Send them all emails, receipts, and every bit of documentation I could find. They turned it around in a week and my credit card company gave me a refund. So if you kept all documentation. That may be a avenue you can go down. Not sure if the credit card company will try to recover fro Trinity or if they just take the hit and eat it. So any way... there you go.

Great news for you! Only side notes to what you say, I tried the same orientation and they were very willing for transactions made on their website. My credit card company refused to charge back Indiegogo transactions... Also, each credit card companies deal with chargeback differently, so YMMV... :)

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #2,810 of 2,949
Sorry to hear they broke. Is it a cable problem? If so, you might be able to repair them. If you can't, there probably is someone that can.
Thanks for your reply mate. Sadly it's not the cable. The connection where the cable clips into the earpiece seems to have come loose from the external housing, meaning it slips back into the housing when you try to exert enough pressure to attach the cable. I've managed to bodge it back together by using some snipe-nose pliers, two thumb tacks and some superglue! Doesn't look very pretty anymore, but is working for now. I think I'll have to get a replacement as I'm sure they'll break again soon.

Can't make my mind up whether to go back to some Sennhesier IE80s, or try something new. I recently dabbled in some over-ear sound cancelling headphones - Sony MDR 100-ABN and Denon AH-GC20 - but they were both absolute garbage. Pants sound quality and the isolation was pathetic compared to IEMs. Don't know why I bothered! Kinda want to try some wireless IEMs before I give up on the idea, as not having any wires was lovely - shame about everything else! I've got my eyes on some PSB M4U TW1. I might ask whether it's possible to try them out in store before I waste any more money on earphones that I hate. It's an expensive addiction.

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #2,811 of 2,949
Not quite the same feel as the Deltas, but the MEEAudio Pinnacle P2 is a great balanced v-shape IEM, though my advice on that is immediately get a new cable for it because the stock one is ergonomically atrocious. I love mine. Come here if you want to discuss anything audio and get more suggestions :D
Thanks for your reply and suggestion. They seem pretty reasonably priced, so I think I'll give them a go!

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,813 of 2,949
Thanks for your reply mate. Sadly it's not the cable. The connection where the cable clips into the earpiece seems to have come loose from the external housing, meaning it slips back into the housing when you try to exert enough pressure to attach the cable. I've managed to bodge it back together by using some snipe-nose pliers, two thumb tacks and some superglue! Doesn't look very pretty anymore, but is working for now. I think I'll have to get a replacement as I'm sure they'll break again soon.

Can't make my mind up whether to go back to some Sennhesier IE80s, or try something new. I recently dabbled in some over-ear sound cancelling headphones - Sony MDR 100-ABN and Denon AH-GC20 - but they were both absolute garbage. Pants sound quality and the isolation was pathetic compared to IEMs. Don't know why I bothered! Kinda want to try some wireless IEMs before I give up on the idea, as not having any wires was lovely - shame about everything else! I've got my eyes on some PSB M4U TW1. I might ask whether it's possible to try them out in store before I waste any more money on earphones that I hate. It's an expensive addiction.

If you are considering wireless I can help with the PSB TW1, Jabra Elite Sport, Bose SoundSport Free and the Sony WF1000.
Feel free to reach out with a PM.
In short, Jabra offers superb value. They have the Elite Sport refurbished on Amazon for $109 which is a steal.
I was sceptical about wireless IEMs and the sound but Jabra and PSB nailed it - both have their pros and cons.

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #2,814 of 2,949
If you are considering wireless I can help with the PSB TW1, Jabra Elite Sport, Bose SoundSport Free and the Sony WF1000.
Feel free to reach out with a PM.
In short, Jabra offers superb value. They have the Elite Sport refurbished on Amazon for $109 which is a steal.
I was sceptical about wireless IEMs and the sound but Jabra and PSB nailed it - both have their pros and cons.
Cheers mate! WIll PM you.

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #2,817 of 2,949
I am very sorry to see that even in this environment there are skilled and shameless scammers. It is now clear that everything had been planned for the final blow, only some devices were put into production and sent at the beginning of this story, then, once the trust of the customers is acquired, many audiophiles are attracted to anticipate money and finally the great audiophile scam is complete. damn thieves....!!!

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #2,818 of 2,949
I am very sorry to see that even in this environment there are skilled and shameless scammers. It is now clear that everything had been planned for the final blow, only some devices were put into production and sent at the beginning of this story, then, once the trust of the customers is acquired, many audiophiles are attracted to anticipate money and finally the great audiophile scam is complete. damn thieves....!!!

If it was really a scam, some people would not have gotten their PM6's in recent times... People are too quick to yell the scam card.

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #2,820 of 2,949
If it was really a scam, some people would not have gotten their PM6's in recent times... People are too quick to yell the scam card.

True. Ethically there's a difference between a scam and a terrible business plan with poor money management and awful customer service.

However, even with them shipping the Air and the PM6, they're just shy of scam artists. The PM6s you got certainly weren't the IEMs they were billed to be, and I strongly believe their innards probably weren't components they were supposed to be. On the Air we were all sold a bill of goods. We were told they were nearly ready for production with dual antenna design that prevented drop outs. We all know how that ended up. (Us darn humans and all that water in our heads).

So maybe they didn't set out for this to be a scam, but in the end there's little difference to the customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back