Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jan 12, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #2,701 of 2,949
Fuuuuuuuu......! I'm sure I'll never get my headphones. $100 headphones + $100 shipping on Broke on Delivery back to the UK = $200 worth the heartache & regret. They've had them for 10 weeks with nothing but delays. I'm not sure what to do. Can I make some sort of claim with someone or something? Even if they refund me I'm still out $100 shipping and the hassle of getting it through customs.

Can someone swing by there with a sack of doorknobs for me? Lay out some old school justice for me?

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #2,707 of 2,949
But you still voted with your wallet and purchased the R1 from Bob. Doesn’t make much sense to me.

I still don't believe they're related in any way. And at least, I'm getting a product and I have a tracking. I genuinely believe that Bob tried to get things going at Trinity, failed and left to start his own venture. The fact he uses the same infrastructure and offices is due to the fact he probably built trinity on the same premises. He was probably Trinity's visual architect for more than just IEM's. But again, I know a lot of people in here are cynical about the whole thing, so no worries.

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #2,708 of 2,949
I still don't believe they're related in any way. And at least, I'm getting a product and I have a tracking. I genuinely believe that Bob tried to get things going at Trinity, failed and left to start his own venture. The fact he uses the same infrastructure and offices is due to the fact he probably built trinity on the same premises. He was probably Trinity's visual architect for more than just IEM's. But again, I know a lot of people in here are cynical about the whole thing, so no worries.

So you don’t think he was involved in all this spin? He came across as part of Trinity, in a co-owner fashion. He was the one who said the prototype of the Air is ready and they just needed money for their production line.
Bob was still involved with Trinity after claiming he left. This statement was still valid back in November. I have no idea what’s the situation now.
I don’t think it’s about being cynical - when he claimed his departure all of a sudden he said he was just a contractor and the sound of their IEMs wasn’t even his. How convenient.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #2,709 of 2,949
So you don’t think he was involved in all this spin? He came across as part of Trinity, in a co-owner fashion. He was the one who said the prototype of the Air is ready and they just needed money for their production line.
Bob was still involved with Trinity after claiming he left. This statement was still valid back in November. I have no idea what’s the situation now.
I don’t think it’s about being cynical - when he claimed his departure all of a sudden he said he was just a contractor and the sound of their IEMs wasn’t even his. How convenient.

Small companies have this way of giving too many roles to people... Bob was probably a "business partner" at first with no actual perks of being one. He was passionate about the products, knew a lot, was no nonsense and people genuinely loved by people, so he became the face of trinity. On top of all this, he was probably doing all the other product selection and web design suggestions, etc.

I have a feeling Bob was fully invested in Trinity and got more and more disillusioned about the situation and left. Considering noone has the exact answer and Bob told some of us he signed an NDA and cannot talk about it, we'll probably never know... Everyone is free to interpret it the way they want to. I chose to interpret it this way with the info that was collected throughout the last year.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,712 of 2,949
How is it fraud if you receive the product you paid for though?

Well, call me paranoid but I'd never deal with anyone from TAE again. We're talking about their master mind here......

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #2,713 of 2,949
Every time they don’t want to discuss something they throw the NDA excuse.
They use their NDA for pretty much everything and with people who got involved and afraid to speak up. Classic.
Dealers, reviewers and to cover their a$$.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #2,714 of 2,949
Well, call me paranoid but I'd never deal with anyone from TAE again. We're talking about their master mind here......

It's not paranoia if you're wary for good reasons. I just choose to see it in another way. :) I don't see Bob as the mastermind, I see him more like a creative guy that had a nice vision that got in over his head and had the bad support crowd behind him. Two sides to every coin, I guess.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #2,715 of 2,949
Every time they don’t want to discuss something they throw the NDA excuse.
They use their NDA for pretty much everything and with people who got involved and afraid to speak up. Classic.
Dealers, reviewers and to cover their a$$.

Obviously. That's how business works. Some people are in the know, some people have insider information. So these people have different perceptions than the frustrated people who are kept in the dark. I really can't say you're wrong in thinking that way and thinking this situation is crap. But then again, some people have a different view due to having different info... So is the life of the Trinity debacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back