Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 20, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #616 of 2,949
I think that the offer is pretty good in all honesty. Most companies would say nothing and bring out an update and let you live with your choice. There was even an offer on the Sabre in the first place, so buying the new iem at £60 isn't such a bad thing.

I think that it's a sensible option which saves the return of loads of iems and allows you to sell the old one on to anyone who might like a decent iem anyway. They're still a good iem.

There aren't many companies that would do this. Just think, if we could upgrade our Senn hd650 to an hd800 at a discounted price ......

Who else has made a move like this. I quite like it tbh.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #618 of 2,949
I really like both the Vyrus and the Sabre and since Bob is discussing and acting on feedback so openly, I feel that Trinity is the kind of company that is pretty trustworthy. Frankly, I want them to continue in the development work because the value for money and sound that is on offer here is high.

One of the few times I've worn an iem and felt that the sound is terrific and easy to live with.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #619 of 2,949
Hi everyone...
...and have spent more money on buying T-comply replacement tips than I have on the IEMs themselves haha. ... I especially love listening to my V2's when cycling, but I want to note that I have sometimes quite high wind noise from the vent at the back of the can when riding 22+ mph, something the IEM was not designed for but I have a feeling was unknowingly fixed with the more aerodynamic shape of the Atlas Delta with a port hole that is not in free-stream. 

I used to use Shure Olive foam tips.  Those were great dense foam tips.  Then moved to Comply tips when I got the Ultimate Ears TF-10.  One thing I noticed when moving to the comply was that I was getting wind noise while just walking around the office.  So I quickly quit using those.  They may have changed their formula an the T-Comply isolation tips may be better.  I haven't tried the T-Comply.  

My suggestion would be to try a quick test.  Try out one of the silicone tips that came with the Delta VII and take a quick ride.  If the wind rushing sound is better, maybe try out Bob's Kombi tips.  Great isolation and foam feel.  If you happen to be a size "small", I can even send you a pair if your test proves successful.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #620 of 2,949
I'm thinking of getting the AAW Capri (lightning cable to DAC to standard 2pin /or/ [COLOR=2A2A2A]MMCX (intended to plug in at the IEM) to use with the Master unless Trinity's DAC is coming soon and will have a lightning cable. Would the Capri likely work with the Master? Is the Master a standard 2pin?[/COLOR]

I believe that the upcoming Master has fixed cables at the earpiece with a 3/8" female jack at the split. (Trinitys new cable system) The connector at the split is compatible with both single-ended and balanced cables but only cables that have a 3/8" male connector at each end.

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #621 of 2,949
Sony (not the new gen) and Hifiman use 3.5mm balanced. Some have asked but it seems no change to their std offering. But the standalone cable has option for 2.5mm balanced

The've changed it at the web:

"2 Cables (1 X standard 3.5mm and 1 X Balanced 2.5mm)"

I even forgot mentioning AK, as that brand is out of my radar, but they also use 2.5, so now, in practice, is becoming a de facto standard. Happy with the change, as I'm for a new DAP, and one of the prerequisites is balanced connection.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #622 of 2,949
Just for clarification purposes...

I think I was under the mistaken impression that current PM4 owners would be able to trade in their PM4s for an updated version of the PM4 (now simply called the "Master") with no additional cost to the buyer except the price of shipping.

The recent email and posts in the two Trinity threads seem to suggest that what is actually happening is that PM4 owners (and other Trinity IEM owners) have been given a discount code for the Master for the low low price of approx. $75.

Was my initial impression, that PM4 owners could trade in and replace their PM4s at no charge, mistaken? If that impression was not mistaken, will PM4 owners still be able to trade-in their PM4s for the updated Master at no cost, or has that idea been completely scrapped for the current deal?

It's my understanding that all of this will be explained in more detail in an upcoming Jan. 1st email, is that correct?

So sorry if all I'm doing is adding to any confusion here. I've been trying to keep up with both threads, but it's a lot of material to read through.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #623 of 2,949
You may have had no intention of incitement, but you must have foreseen the disruptive fracas you posts would cause.

The product CAN be cancelled or returned. It is nobody's fault but the customers if they failed to read the vendors Terms and Conditions of sale. Indeed this has been present for a while that any cancellations would incur a 30% charge. Yet Bob has only now started applying this.

Finally, Bob and Trinity have been open and transparent about their products on this forum from the start, often to their detriment. Also sending pre-release items to respected members for their feedback. Also displaying pre-release items for listening and feedback at CanJam.

It's unfathomable, unthinkable and deeply unfair the criticism in some posts the heat Bob is receiving.

Please note, whilst I've quoted two aspects of your post Indigo Bob, my reply is meant generally and not to single you out in any way.

I concur completely. The whining since the launch of Pm4 has been pathetic and that too without reaching out to customer support. Then unnecessary speculations and concerns about an unreleased product. Too much hype by some and too much whining by some.

If people are that concerned about what to expect there's an option not to pre-order and wait for reviews and future discounted sale.

Please do not turn trinity forums into mental asylum. It was sickly all these days since the launch of Pm4

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #624 of 2,949
I concur completely. The whining since the launch of Pm4 has been pathetic and that too without reaching out to customer support. Then unnecessary speculations and concerns about an unreleased product. Too much hype by some and too much whining by some.

If people are that concerned about what to expect there's an option not to pre-order and wait for reviews and future discounted sale.

Please do not turn trinity forums into mental asylum. It was sickly all these days since the launch of Pm4

I as well completely agree, Bob and Trinity went out of their way to provide me with an IEM when they had a delay and I was going to be unreachable for 3.5 weeks during which the item would ship. The did not have to but did and for that I purchased again and will continue to purchase as long as their standards continue. Not many other companies go the lengths Trinity does to satisfy their customers. While all customers have basic rights to be satisfied the whining over individual issues is pretty silly.

BTW my point of reference in the whining comment is because I manage a Global IT Help Desk and I know whining when I see it, it's not personal it's a professional observation.    

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #625 of 2,949
  Just for clarification purposes...

I think I was under the mistaken impression that current PM4 owners would be able to trade in their PM4s for an updated version of the PM4 (now simply called the "Master") with no additional cost to the buyer except the price of shipping.

The recent email and posts in the two Trinity threads seem to suggest that what is actually happening is that PM4 owners (and other Trinity IEM owners) have been given a discount code for the Master for the low low price of approx. $75.

Was my initial impression, that PM4 owners could trade in and replace their PM4s at no charge, mistaken? If that impression was not mistaken, will PM4 owners still be able to trade-in their PM4s for the updated Master at no cost, or has that idea been completely scrapped for the current deal?

It's my understanding that all of this will be explained in more detail in an upcoming Jan. 1st email, is that correct?

So sorry if all I'm doing is adding to any confusion here. I've been trying to keep up with both threads, but it's a lot of material to read through.

The email was already sent.  Users just get a deal on the new Master coming out in March-ish.  It was never stated that you'd be returning the original PM4, in fact it was explicitly stated multiple times, even before Monday's email, that users would keep the PM4s.  So I'm not sure where you got that info from.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #626 of 2,949

The email was already sent.  Users just get a deal on the new Master coming out in March-ish.  It was never stated that you'd be returning the original PM4, in fact it was explicitly stated multiple times, even before Monday's email, that users would keep the PM4s.  So I'm not sure where you got that info from.

Yes, I got the email that was sent this weekend. I guess I was under the impression that another email was going to be sent on January 1st adding more details, but nevermind if that's not the case. 

Also, thanks for clarifying that PM4 owners cannot return their original PM4s. I'm not sure where I got that idea (I thought I had read it in one of the threads), but as I said, there was so much to read through, that I must have missed the previous explicit statements to the contrary. 

This helps me figure out what to do with my current PM4s. I've had a few technical issues with them (right ear cutting out, one of my cables split), and instead of emailing Jake about the issues, I figured I'd just wait to see if I could return them for the new Masters, but if that's not a possibility, I guess I'll just hold on to them, and see if I can get replacement parts. I'm not so interested in spending more money on IEMs even though the new design looks super cool, and it appears to be a very good deal.

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #627 of 2,949
The've changed it at the web:

"2 Cables (1 X standard 3.5mm and 1 X Balanced 2.5mm)"

I even forgot mentioning AK, as that brand is out of my radar, but they also use 2.5, so now, in practice, is becoming a de facto standard. Happy with the change, as I'm for a new DAP, and one of the prerequisites is balanced connection.

The 2.5mm is a bummer for me as my Sony ZX2 uses a 3.5mm for balanced!

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #628 of 2,949
Bob...

Will you be offering a 3.5mm balanced cable option for the Master? (For Sony and HiFiMan)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back