Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 7, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #62 of 2,949
@Midgetguy. The idea of having the upper cable to be one piece is to eliminate connection issues or people that can't plug things in (polarized) and break them etc. I like the idea as them going to a one piece and better QC and a single straight connection to the drivers.People are rough and treat cables like rope. Better QC will assure a less faulty upper issue with all that people have been experiencing weather it was their fault or not. Once I plug any connection in I never remove them as there is no need to.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #63 of 2,949
The upgrade programm for PM4 will take place next year? Or we may wait for it soon enough? Thanks

Patience Grasshopper.  Patience.  Bob just announced there will be a program.  Details have yet to be made public let alone any kind of timing.  No doubt this will be a 2017 evolution.

I got some issues with my unit. So I wonder if I could just make an upgrade before I have to try to replace it. It would be better for both sides, I think.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #64 of 2,949
I can see where the confusion about your post stems from. I'll try to clear this up based on my understanding of the descriptions in the store:
- The PM6 has two (2) dual-coil dynamic drivers with two (2) dual-BA drivers for a total of 6 drivers per ear.
- The Hunter has a single (1) dual-coil dynamic driver with two (2) dual-BA drivers for a total of 5 drivers per ear.

I thought the Hunter had 4 x single BA drivers per ear.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #65 of 2,949

The upgrade programm for PM4 will take place next year? Or we may wait for it soon enough? Thanks

Patience Grasshopper.  Patience.  Bob just announced there will be a program.  Details have yet to be made public let alone any kind of timing.  No doubt this will be a 2017 evolution.

I got some issues with my unit. So I wonder if I could just make an upgrade before I have to try to replace it. It would be better for both sides, I think.

Have you emailed Jake@Trinity about your issues?  As Bob has often said, he'll sort you out.

As for the PM4 program, Bob has said that all PM4 owners will be emailed about it.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #66 of 2,949

Have you emailed Jake@Trinity about your issues?  As Bob has often said, he'll sort you out.

Yeah, sure. Just don't want to add unnecessary expenses for Trinity. Anyway, looking foward for upgrade :)

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #67 of 2,949
Thanks for the updates Bob! Sticking with my PM6. Excited for what's in store next.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #68 of 2,949
Still waiting for my PM4 (Canada)... Anybody received theirs?

Thanks for the news about the PM6. I might have the change my shipping option if I want to get them around the same time as most folks on here.

Got mine yesterday. Ordered end of Aug. No customs cost. Cool enough.

Not sure how I feel about it. A couple of filters don't bite on the left so I will address that directly. Sound? Good articulation and dynamics. That's all for now...

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #69 of 2,949
I understood that Hunter was 5 driver hybrid.  I understand the BA in the Master 6 and Hunter are same dual BA from sonion(sp).  I am just hoping the fact there is single dual coil driver vs dual coil driver doe not lead to Hunter under-performing the improvement being made to Master 6.  I am not audiophile enough to understand how much vectoring adds to the sound.

I personally like the idea of the Y-split as would expect less risk of changing cables at this junction point.  I bought the BT lanyard hoping to use it on Hunter(and Master 4),  while I do not expect to do this daily I just hope the 2 pin recessed connector holds up well.  Knowing there is a 2 year warranty is more reassurance now. I am super careful with my cables to avoid strain and damage

I know it seems I am whining but I have in the past be a strong supporter of Trinity even when I waited months for products.  I expressed any concerns to others in private.  Master 6 and Hunter were never described as a special order although I knew Hunter would have limited production run.  I just wished I knew all the changes that were coming 2 weeks ago as I personally would have preferred the updated cabling

I have paid for items and waited.  I backed Phantom Air x 3 on KS knowing it was non-refundable.  

Oh well, my apologies to Bob, Trinity and members of this forum.  

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #70 of 2,949
  I understood that Hunter was 5 driver hybrid.  I understand the BA in the Master 6 and Hunter are same dual BA from sonion(sp).  I am just hoping the fact there is single dual coil driver vs dual coil driver doe not lead to Hunter under-performing the improvement being made to Master 6.  I am not audiophile enough to understand how much vectoring adds to the sound.

My assumption is that they will excel in different areas, with the Hunter winning on the BA side of the equation while the PM6 wins on the dynamic side.

That said, the Hunter also has some less immediately tangible advantages: More exacting build quality, smaller size, lighter, and the fact that it is the lead platform in terms of tuning (the last minute changes to the PM6 might mean that it isn't tuned as well as it could be, while the Hunter hasn't been the same kind of moving target)

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #72 of 2,949
Here is my take on the whole situation.

I bought Delta and Hyperion during the Kickstarter.  There were no removable cables.  I got what I expected.

I bought Delta VII and it was designed with removable cables.  Was a bugger to get them in, but I’ve put them in once and haven’t changed them.  I got what I expected.

I did like the thought of being able to get a replacement easily if I ever need it.  I hope that will continue to be the case for a while to come.  Hope I can just get up with the Trinity team and say, “my wood chipper ate my cable like a leg in Fargo.”  Or something like that.  Then I can buy one with the appropriate connector.  (I absolutely LOVE the braided cables.)

I bought a Hunter and one of the things I was counting on was the removable cable.  In fact, the cables options were one of the things that pushed me toward the Hunter over the PM6.  So I’m glad that Bob is honoring that for the pre-orders and giving everyone what they have had in their minds for months.  I’m sure I will get what I expected.

I will say that I AM a fan of removable cables as long as they are done right.  My first high quality iem was the Shure SE530.  No removable cable.  The little rubber grommets that sit next to the housing came loose.  So I would have to glue them every week.  NOT what I was looking for or expecting.  Then I went for the Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi.  That has a removable cable, but harder than ancient arithmetic to figure out what polarity goes which direction.

My point is that I can appreciate what Bob is doing, and I know he has the best intentions.  I am glad to get the hunters with removable cable.  I’m glad to see what their offerings will be in the future.  I have an Atlas-Delta on order, so I’ll see first hand.  I will evaluate when I get it.  And I’m glad he set the expectations early.

So many people are attributed with saying, “The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting a different result.”  Seems like Trinity is trying to learn from past iterations and improve on them.  Let’s give them a chance and see the design in action before we give up.  Edison said, “Negative results are just what I want.  They’re just as valuable to me as positive results.  I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.”

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #73 of 2,949

Hunter was already specced to have the dual coil and we will include in the master 6 also.

The Master 4 uses titanium single coil drivers.

Now that Master 6 and Hunter both use dual coil drivers, does that bring the PM6 closer to the Hunter in terms of SQ?

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #74 of 2,949
Sorry, if I missed this in the posts, will there be an adapter to use future Trinity accessories like bluetooth and DAC/amp with the 2 pin configuration of the preorder PM6?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back