Trinity Atlas IEM Issue
Oct 25, 2016 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BarryStanky

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm just curious if others have experienced this issue with Trinity Atlas IEMs, or any Trinity IEM.

I purchased some Trinity Atlas Sport IEMs a handful of months ago as I wanted a solid IEM and was turned onto these IEMs by members of another music forum. I was intrigued by the filter options. Initially all was fine and I was very happy. Then one day I was out for a jog and one of the channels kept going in and out. I would reposition after it went out and it would be fine for a bit, then go out again. After a while, they seemed to settle down and all was fine. Then the next time I wore them the same happened only this time in either left or right channel. Some times the audio would go out if I just turned my head.

I contacted Trinity and they sent me a new cable. For a few weeks all was well. Then it started happening again.

My own conclusion is that it is a problem with the cable coupling to the monitors. The cable connection is a snap in connection at the monitor. I believe there is stress at that connection as it rests on the external ear, and over time the connection is loosened resulting in sporadic drop of audio.

I spoke to Trinity and they wanted me to ship them back for their testing. But at my cost, I simply decided to find another set of IEMs, whose cable connection was not sitting on the ear. I found them with my Cardas A8s and after two months I have had no issue.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I still have the Trinity's with a new cable but am hesitant to use them again. It is worth noting that the Atlas line is no longer available.

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 9
Hi,

I'm just curious if others have experienced this issue with Trinity Atlas IEMs, or any Trinity IEM.

I purchased some Trinity Atlas Sport IEMs a handful of months ago as I wanted a solid IEM and was turned onto these IEMs by members of another music forum. I was intrigued by the filter options. Initially all was fine and I was very happy. Then one day I was out for a jog and one of the channels kept going in and out. I would reposition after it went out and it would be fine for a bit, then go out again. After a while, they seemed to settle down and all was fine. Then the next time I wore them the same happened only this time in either left or right channel. Some times the audio would go out if I just turned my head.

I contacted Trinity and they sent me a new cable. For a few weeks all was well. Then it started happening again.

My own conclusion is that it is a problem with the cable coupling to the monitors. The cable connection is a snap in connection at the monitor. I believe there is stress at that connection as it rests on the external ear, and over time the connection is loosened resulting in sporadic drop of audio.

I spoke to Trinity and they wanted me to ship them back for their testing. But at my cost, I simply decided to find another set of IEMs, whose cable connection was not sitting on the ear. I found them with my Cardas A8s and after two months I have had no issue.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I still have the Trinity's with a new cable but am hesitant to use them again. It is worth noting that the Atlas line is no longer available.

I have not had any issue with mine. Contact their support they will resolve any issue as they are likely under warranty still.

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 9
I did contact Trinity and they asked me to ship back the IEMs at my expense. So with an International shipment looming, I decided not to do so. I ended up moving onto a set of Cardas A8s and am happy.

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 9
I did contact Trinity and they asked me to ship back the IEMs at my expense. So with an International shipment looming, I decided not to do so. I ended up moving onto a set of Cardas A8s and am happy.

Too bad. It would be worth it and maybe even ask to return and upgrade them to next model up instead of having a useless IEM now.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 9
Thank you. I do receive updates from Trinity. Unless I missed something, the trade up program that is currently in place does not include the Atlas line.

I do still have my Atlas IEMS, but I prefer the Cardas A9s.

Their trade in does not specify what Atlas just that it does which I assume is the V2 from the initial one released. I would still contact them and inquire. They have made huge improvements and what sets them apart from others companies is they ADMIT they have issues and are making amends.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Their trade in does not specify what Atlas just that it does which I assume is the V2 from the initial one released. I would still contact them and inquire. They have made huge improvements and what sets them apart from others companies is they ADMIT they have issues and are making amends.

Thanks again. I will contact them and ask about it. The other catch is I would be looking for the IEMs to support the PONO balanced output that the Atlas IEMs support with their custom PONO certified balanced cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back