Tried Battlefield: Bad Company 2 single player with high-end CAN's and Dolby headphone - WOW!
Mar 9, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I concur. It sounded great on the beta.

Now if only my PC was powerful enough to run it on something less than low with playable FPS.

FYI BETA is way more demanding and laggy than actual game - its call BETA for a reason.

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Equus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry...I'm still gasping at the idea of using HD800's for gaming. LOL. Not that it's bad, mind you, but it sounds like a little overkill.
smily_headphones1.gif

tongue_smile.gif
kinda is.. one problem I have is until I can get a good 3D down mixing algorithm with S/P-DIF out balancing them is not really true so I isn't perfect ATM....
Thats right I run my 800HD on my Headroom ultra series DAC and balanced AMP
biggrin.gif
BOOM BOOM it says.

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least you're able to play the damn thing. The servers are failing big time.

Well I try - helps if you have friends on steam and via the internal system. All I can say is try like 20-30 servers and if that doesn't work see if the EA main servers are down again or reboot the game.

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #20 of 35
Soo.... time for a thread derailment. I'm decent at MW2 (and love it), but I suck at this game. Help.

I know in theory I'm supposed to be more "team-based and objective-focused" as I play, but I don't really know what that means in practice.

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 35
Spot.

Use your class skill (boxes, reviving, repairing ect ect).

Be crazy and creative, but patient too at times (like to let your squad spawn on you when you're near an objective).

Just plain fragging doesnt give you the 2000+ points a game all the time
wink.gif

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And get your framerate high if you're playing the pc version. The game is perfectly playable @ 30 fps, but you'll do much better @ 70-100 fps
wink.gif

+ set your fov higher for a more smooth gameplay experience (like Quake3): http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

O and the sound in BC2 is awesome ye ^^

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #22 of 35
Ooooh... will watch that video when I get home, it sounds like exactly what I need.

Although it will remain to be seen whether I am a serious enough human being for Bad Company 2 to displace MW2 as my shooter of choice. I like fragging people
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #26 of 35
resurecting this thread for some help....
this is the first game I have bought for my PC...usually play Wii or PS2 games.
Bought it off a reputable dealer on ebay, one whom I have bought dozens of blu-rays from with no problem.
I can't get this game to work!
I install it, everything looks good, go to play and get black screen - monitor tells me it is going into sleep mode. I have updated all my drivers and everything....
lost
I have the Asus Xonar Hdav Deluxe 1.3 - ATI radeon 4650 graphics card...I should be ok?

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
resurecting this thread for some help....
this is the first game I have bought for my PC...usually play Wii or PS2 games.
Bought it off a reputable dealer on ebay, one whom I have bought dozens of blu-rays from with no problem.
I can't get this game to work!
I install it, everything looks good, go to play and get black screen - monitor tells me it is going into sleep mode. I have updated all my drivers and everything....
lost
I have the Asus Xonar Hdav Deluxe 1.3 - ATI radeon 4650 graphics card...I should be ok?

yup you should be okay. Make sure the gaming is updated and your the original owner of the game.

Jun 11, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #28 of 35

Quote:
so what's the optimal setup for BC2 and x-fi, something like that ? X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone - Guru3D.com Forums

OP what are your in-game settings ? HI-FI and speakcount=6 in settings.ini ?

Anyone else have any input on this? Also, do I want Hi Fi or Home Theater? I'm still having a tough time deciding if I want to do the windows 5.1, game 5.1, X-Fi headphones w/ CMSS3D or just put it all on headphones and forget it.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #29 of 35

Quote:

Anyone else have any input on this? Also, do I want Hi Fi or Home Theater? I'm still having a tough time deciding if I want to do the windows 5.1, game 5.1, X-Fi headphones w/ CMSS3D or just put it all on headphones and forget it.

ingame : HI-FI (it's just an EQ setting, HI-FI seems to be the most neutral )   + speakercount = 6  ,  windows control panel  : 5.1    creative audo panel  : game mode -  cmss3d headphone enabled  - evevation filter  ON  

Just don't expect  miracles,  explosions and gunfire  mask  footsteps  really easily, but I'm sure you will find positioning to be pretty precise,  i can even  hear  UAVs and choppers above my head  

Jul 13, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #30 of 35

Quote:
ingame : HI-FI (it's just an EQ setting, HI-FI seems to be the most neutral )   + speakercount = 6  ,

Thats not true at all that is a mere simple EQ setting, BC2 has an advance audio engine that due to the low requirements of audio DSP and the many cores in a modern game system mixes far more advanced spatial and temporal effects or approximations of acustics than the primitive EAX extensions that, though I liked them for the lack of better, still is on pair with GPU's 5 years or older in that they have a very dumb and strict pipeline that can't really do much compare to what you can do with a fraction of the computing power we have today. This was okay at a time when audio processing on CPU could actually be taking significant performance but today something like 3D CMSS or Dolby Headphone run on the CPU have so close to zero impact that my tries at messureing it has not succeed on a reasonable dual core gaming system while comparing differences between different impact on performance with FRAPS etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back